New York Rates

agente809

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recently asked about the rates at renzo's, but i forgot to ask about the other places in town.

What are the rates for the following places, and would you recommends training there?

Alliance with Fabio Clemente
Blitz Center with Marcos Santos
NYSANDA both BJJ and Sanda programs.

Thanks

i know the NYSanda price for just BJJ is 120 a month, and it is strictly No Gi. i stopped by one of the classes and the kids were cool, but the class was run by one of the students who knew a lot about wrestling (we did takedowns). the teacher, Carmine Zocchi, i think still teaches 3 other classes a week and is supposed to be legit. i was gonna join but the guy who owned the gym wasn't very friendly.

I keep hearing that about NYSANDA, that the owner is a dick, its one of the main turn offs for me

i know the NYSanda price for just BJJ is 120 a month, and it is strictly No Gi. i stopped by one of the classes and the kids were cool, but the class was run by one of the students who knew a lot about wrestling (we did takedowns). the teacher, Carmine Zocchi, i think still teaches 3 other classes a week and is supposed to be legit. i was gonna join but the guy who owned the gym wasn't very friendly.

i didn't know Zocci taught there. he's a good instructor from what i hear, so for 120 it's probably well worth it to look into that school.

I keep hearing that about NYSANDA, that the owner is a dick, its one of the main turn offs for me

conversely, and literally almost next door to NYSanda, is Ronin Athletics. they only have a flat rate for unlimited everything which is either 160 or 180, and it's got a lot of MMA stuff + thai boxing. i'm pretty sure i'm gonna join this gym even though i'm just doing No Gi, strictly because the owner and head instructor, Kristian, is one of the nicest guys ive met. the space is also nicer than Sanda's.

conversely, and literally almost next door to NYSanda, is Ronin Athletics. they only have a flat rate for unlimited everything which is either 160 or 180, and it's got a lot of MMA stuff + thai boxing. i'm pretty sure i'm gonna join this gym even though i'm just doing No Gi, strictly because the owner and head instructor, Kristian, is one of the nicest guys ive met. the space is also nicer than Sanda's.

I actually trained at Ronin Athletics...and I agree Christian is the coolest guy around, I'm just trying to check out the other gyms so that I can make an educated decision on where to stay.

yea i'm in the same boat, i think im gonna check out fighthouse on friday for their No Gi. i just called em and they said for just BJJ it's 155 a month.

Carmine also teaches at 5points Fitness. he awarded one of our guys a blue belt. Carmine is friendly and he's cool.

yea i'm in the same boat, i think im gonna check out fighthouse on friday for their No Gi. i just called em and they said for just BJJ it's 155 a month.

my only complaint about fighthouse bjj is that its only 3 times a week, I'm the type of guy that likes the liberty of being able to train alot.

Whats you knowledge about Blitz center and Marcos Santos?
he's legit, but I don't know if the school is competition oriented, as I rarely see them in NAGA, or grapplers quest.

Carmine also teaches at 5points Fitness. he awarded one of our guys a blue belt. Carmine is friendly and he's cool.

LOL yeah carmine is friendly, I actually rolled with him once. It was my first ever roll/ ass kicking.

just called 5points fitness, they do a monthly rate for everything they have which is $198/month (muy thai, bunch of other shit) and as of now Carmine only teaches Thursadys, but they're supposedly in negotiations for him to come in more. The also offer a day pass for $25 if u wanted to pay per class.

Ima check out NYSanda. people keep saying that the opwner is a dick, but he seemed real nice over the phone.

I have a free class on monday so I'll see for myself then.

The rates are 150 for sanda
120 for BJJ with Carmine Zocchi
180 for all classes.

Ima check out NYSanda. people keep saying that the opwner is a dick, but he seemed real nice over the phone.

I have a free class on monday so I'll see for myself then.

The rates are 150 for sanda
120 for BJJ with Carmine Zocchi
180 for all classes.

What type of school are you looking for? Are you looking for sport BJJ, no-gi grappling, bjj and kickboxing, mma?

What type of school are you looking for? Are you looking for sport BJJ, no-gi grappling, bjj and kickboxing, mma?

right now bjj and kick boxing until I can decide which one I want to concentrate on, unless I end up deciding to keep doing both.

I have attended Ronin Athletics, but I want to try a different place in order to have a clearer picture of how different gyms function, and which ones are better suited for me.

Ronin is great but there might be a gym which is way better for me, and that what I'm trying to do right now, as well as finding which art I prefer as my training at ronin was not lengthy enough to determine that.

Blitz center is 199 unlimited for both MMA/BJJ month

180 for just unlimited BJJ

:)

Back