New PR. Pulled 405 today! Two goals down, 1 to go.

I think Burpees and squat thrusts are great conditioning methods, they just have an incredible knack of showing up in the gayest of routines.

CarnalSalvation said:
I think Burpees and squat thrusts are great conditioning methods, they just have an incredible knack of showing up in the gayest of routines.

LOL! Slightly OT but I usually do burpees in my Living room when I get home from work. By the time I get home the sun is obviously down so I have the living room light on. It never occured to me but you can see my silouhette in the front window. My dad came over the other night and happened to have his camera with him so he videotaped my doing my burpees from the front yard.

It looked like I was doing some gay african dance.

that's excellent! you should post the vid in "pictures and multimedia".

CarnalSalvation said:
In the right how? By degrading a perfectly respectable PR? A PR that is considered a milestone by many here on this board?

Nah man, you acted in the wrong, and if you had the nuts you refer to, you'd apologize.

I've had to eat some crow and issue more than one public apology on here. You do wrong, and then it's your job to make it right. Or just look like an immature ass.

If that's how everyone feels, then I apologize.

I have apologized before. I have conceded arguments before.

It's no big deal.

To the dude from Hawaii who pulled a PR: good going, man, I was ecstatic at 405, too.

See that wasn't so hard.

Way to step up to the plate though Mick, really. (that's not sarcastic)

rickdog said:
And as for your argument, dont tell someone else they can't post their ideas or PR's or whatever it may be and then get upset when someone gives you a reason you should not post your thought/ idea.
For the record, I never told him what he could or couldn't do. I said that I didn't care, and since this was posted in the inappropriate forum, that it should be deleted.

But as much as I wish to preserve an integrity in this forum, I also wish to preserve its spirit.

Everyone's upbeat about this but me, and that's not a good thing.

My apologies.

It's just that dissing a guys PR in a serious fashion when he's excited about it is really bad form on a lifting board.

Challenging him to do more is one thing, but STFU and saying you don't care is just pissing on a mans accomplishment and is more negative than the subsequent response to it I'm afraid.

I get it.

I'm genuinely sorry. I won't do it again.

Madmick, no hard feelings here. Like I said earlier, I see your point of view. Carnal, I got a kick out of your picture. It's good you're back on the board.

I've noticed tempers flare pretty quickly on these boards. That's to be expected considering these boards are devoted to fighting and lifting, two sports where testosterone tends to be at high levels. I'm hot tempered and very aggressive, but after putting up with the ammount of shit I have in the last 7 months I've calmed down a lot. Shit that used to make me lose my mind I just laugh at now. Learning to filter bullshit and relax more has helped me a lot, and I don't relly get bent out of shape much anymore. Take what you will from my post and lift hard.

fat_wilhelm said:
Only one other thing, Stewy, I'm 6'-0", 205, too, and pulled four plates for three today, so I'm giving you 3 1/2 weeks to add two reps. Then, we'll be, like, clones.

You're on!

I don't usually do this but...

listen. If you could only get it 2 inches off the ground last week, and got it "like nothing" this week, more than likely you are NOT deadlifting it correctly. I would definitely like to see a video of this supposed 405 squat and deadlift.

www.putfile.com/dieselweasel <~~~ this guy reminds me of you, because he records shitty lifts and probably brags about how much he did.

That's just the nature of the deadlift man.

I am a 675lb deadlifter, and there are some weeks where I would (or do) struggle to pull 600.

I call it deadlift voodoo.

All my lifts are all over the fucking board man. I've pulled 425 lbs. quite comfortably a few times and for the most part I can usually pull 405 no matter what. But there have been times where I would have a hell of a time pulling 315 lbs.

My pressing numbers are even shittier.

Thanks for that link to deez weez's videos man, I love his squat and deadlift videos bwahahaha. One thing I will give him credit for are his zercher deads though. Those are tough to do from the floor and he really guts them out. THe rest of it is a joke, and I love his ILS (Invisible Lat Syndrome).

it just cracks me up that the kid thinks he can claim those are deadlifts just because he does SM instead of PL. I know they are looser on the judging, but I think the lift still has to look sort of like a deadlift.

CarnalSalvation said:
That's just the nature of the deadlift man.

I am a 675lb deadlifter, and there are some weeks where I would (or do) struggle to pull 600.

I call it deadlift voodoo.

Damn, it's nice to know that happens to the real strongmen, too, cause that shit pisses me off.

I think if anything it just gets worse the stronger you get. Everything has to be just right for the really big lifts to be pulled off. Plus you get more specific about how you lift etc.

i find that as i progress in deadlifts, i have to constantly keep my head on my shoulders. what i mean is, whenever hitting a new personal best, its natural to feel tremendous pressure to keep performing at that ability every time. it's not so much a physical game as it is a mental game - just have to attack that barbell knowing you've done it before and can do it again.

Oh yeah, absolutely.

I just didn't want to get into the mental aspect, because that warrants a whole new thread, and more writing than I can stomach tonight.

Madmick,
Way to step up to the plat man. I sincerely respect that.

I'm going for my first over 500 deadlift tommorow. Wish me luck.

rickdog said:
Madmick,
I'm going for my first over 500 deadlift tommorow. Wish me luck.

Good luck, hope to see it in the PR thread.

Back