New PR. Pulled 405 today! Two goals down, 1 to go.

Well, looks like I touched some nerves here. Guess I should have made that post in the PR thread where it belongs, but what's done is done. I was just stoked with making a lift I've been trying to make for a while now. My lifts aren't the be all to end all, and I have my sights set uch migher for the future. I know there are plenty of guys that can make my lifts look puny in comparison. I feel part of my success was due to setting a tangible goal and giving myself a benchmark to work toward and accomplish. I can see the point of view about my post total and how it seems like I just came out of nowhere with this post. I come on every few days and read most all of what's posted, so I know some of you when you don't know me. A lot of my success is due to information I got from this site or links I got from this site, and I'm grateful for it.
I'd like to become a more active member of this community, so I'll start by throwing out some basic info about myself. I'm a guy that like lifting and that likes fighting. All aspects of fighting fascinate me. I just started doing Brazillian JiuJitsu a year ago and love it. I started lifting regularly 2 1/2 years ago after getting my jaw broken in a fight. Since then, I have devoured as much info as possible on the subject and have learned a lot. This year I have seen a lot of changes in myself and have made steady progress toward becoming a better athlete. I'm a Marine deployed to Afghanistan and about to return home to the states. I can't wait to get back so that I can continue to train my ass off at Brazillian JiuJitsu and also begin to get a stand-up game by taking up boxing or kickboxing. Those of you that congratulated me, thanks, and those of you that felt pissed or offended, I apologize. Train hard.

PS: SmashiusClay asked my bodyweight. I'm 6 ft 205 lbs.

Hey, man, well said.

Welcome to the board; talk more. :D

And congrats on the PR.

YOu've earned your nards!

Everytime a man pulls 405 he earns his balls.

FOR YOU MANG

nads6nk.jpg

stewy37 said:
I'm a Marine deployed to Afghanistan and about to return home to the states. I can't wait to get back so that I can continue to train my ass off at Brazillian JiuJitsu and also begin to get a stand-up game by taking up boxing or kickboxing. Those of you that congratulated me, thanks, and those of you that felt pissed or offended, I apologize. Train hard.

Speaking as a US citizen, let me thank you for your service.

Also, congrats on the PR!

Urban said:
and on top of that, from somebody with only 12 posts, it's hard to feel any sort of personal bond with the person and really congratulate them.

Thank you, Urban. I'm glad you understand.

That's all I was saying guys. BTW, you'll notice I don't heckle whitebelts who post like the regulars. I've never done that. KOU was a whitebelt for the last couple months (might still be?) and it was apparent from the get-go he has a considerable body of knowledge that should be respected.

This guy who I don't know comes in looking for a pat on the back and doesn't even take the fucking time to respect the board by learning its protocol first. There's already a thread for PR's. Did he care about that?

Why should I care about him? Personally, I think this thread should be deleted.

I do appreciate his last post, though, more of that would be great.

good job man. i'm 5'11 and 180 lbs and deadlifted 405 for my first time last month. since then i've managed up to 6 reps, and i'm hoping to be repping 495 lbs by April or May (considering it an early new years resolution).

since i've taken up BJJ it's taken a bit of a toll on my lifting - my knees and ankles are sore for the majority of every week, but i'm hoping i'll become more acclimated to the stress of the sport after a while.

Madmick said:
Thank you, Urban. I'm glad you understand.

That's all I was saying guys. BTW, you'll notice I don't heckle whitebelts who post like the regulars. I've never done that. KOU was a whitebelt for the last couple months (might still be?) and it was apparent from the get-go he has a considerable body of knowledge that should be respected.

This guy who I don't know comes in looking for a pat on the back and doesn't even take the fucking time to respect the board by learning its protocol first. There's already a thread for PR's. Did he care about that?

Why should I care about him? Personally, I think this thread should be deleted.

I do appreciate his last post, though, more of that would be great.
Are you kidding me man. This is a fucking forum. Guys can say whatever they want. Good for him if he was happy about hitting new PR's. He has been a member longer than you, just because you have over 2000 posts in your short time makes you so much more worthy of praise? Give me a break man. Like I stated before, this is a S&P forum. Why does someone need to meet your criteria before they can post. If the guys that have been here for 3 or 4 years have a problem with it, let them say something.

there are some guys in OT that have racked up over 2000 posts in a matter of months. How? I have no idea but i think they are a specticle all in themselves.

Man, I have no friggen clue how some people do it. I saw one guy with over 30000 posts. Thats crazy man. He must just post on here all day.

rickdog said:
Are you kidding me man. This is a fucking forum. Guys can say whatever they want. Good for him if he was happy about hitting new PR's. He has been a member longer than you, just because you have over 2000 posts in your short time makes you so much more worthy of praise? Give me a break man. Like I stated before, this is a S&P forum. Why does someone need to meet your criteria before they can post. If the guys that have been here for 3 or 4 years have a problem with it, let them say something.

Rickdog, that's not at all what I intended to say; however, I still disagree with some of the things you said.

I understand this is a public forum, and anyone can post whatever they want. But I said I respect the guys with fewer posts who take the time to learn the forum and contribute meaningful posts that generate discussion and help those looking for advice.

Maybe this guy signed up before me, but he's contributed fuck-all to this forum: as an asker or a teller. I can anticipate the response: "Maybe he's one of those guys who's hung around all this time reading, not writitng gratitously when he had nothing to contribute." If that were true, you think he might have had the heads up on the PR sticky?

And this, the engine of my argument, is egalitarian; it's based in logic, not status. Which, contrary to the spirit of your debate (I think), your argument works conversely. For some reason I can't post what I think; it has to be someone who's been around 3-4 years.

Bottom line is he went shouting off a roof, and when you do that, you're bound to have someone shout back, "Shut the fuck up."

So get off my nuts. I may be the asshole, but I'm in the right.

In the right how? By degrading a perfectly respectable PR? A PR that is considered a milestone by many here on this board?

Nah man, you acted in the wrong, and if you had the nuts you refer to, you'd apologize.

I've had to eat some crow and issue more than one public apology on here. You do wrong, and then it's your job to make it right. Or just look like an immature ass.

And just FYI, personal bond or not, I'm proud of everyone who hits a PR on a real lift and isn't off doing one handed kettlebell snatches for time and supersetting them with burpees.

Why overcomplicate such a small issue. It was a simple congratulations. Hitting 4 plates is a milestone for alot of people, and being that we have been there I should think that you would understand that. Why argue semantics? Should it have been posted in the PR thread, probably. But is it that big of a deal. The guy was happy and I could relate to the feeling of hitting a big PR like that. LIke benching 3 plates or squating 4 plates, you know the drill, 405 is a marker in the DL. Why try to scare off people or talk shit to them just because they are new. Just respond with a kinder attitude if you are really that upset that they posted in the wrong area. After all, this is simply a forum, a place to share and discuss ideas and goals and all that jazz.

And as for your argument, dont tell someone else they can't post their ideas or PR's or whatever it may be and then get upset when someone gives you a reason you should not post your thought/ idea.

CarnalSalvation said:
In the right how? By degrading a perfectly respectable PR? A PR that is considered a milestone by many here on this board?

Nah man, you acted in the wrong, and if you had the nuts you refer to, you'd apologize.

I've had to eat some crow and issue more than one public apology on here. You do wrong, and then it's your job to make it right. Or just look like an immature ass.
YOur last two posts were spot on man. Exactly. Im glad someone else here sees it that way instead of having to talk shit to the new guy in an attempt to raise their status (atleast thats how it seemed). No need to disrespect someone over such a small issue or a non issue IMO. That attitude sucks and does not go far.

good job on the pull, 405 is a sexy number to announce to the world. as far as going out of your way to comment on not giving a fuck about his lift, that takes some drama queen desires to pull off and then defend. i myself like lifting to beat pr's in the big three and swinging the kettlebells like a monkey on bad crack.

It's OK to swing the Gayballs as long as it's AFTER you do real lifting. Or on an off day for conditioning.

stewy37 said:
I'm a Marine deployed to Afghanistan and about to return home to the states. I can't wait to get back so that I can continue to train my ass off at Brazillian JiuJitsu and also begin to get a stand-up game by taking up boxing or kickboxing. Those of you that congratulated me, thanks, and those of you that felt pissed or offended, I apologize. Train hard.

PS: SmashiusClay asked my bodyweight. I'm 6 ft 205 lbs.

Post whatever you want -- you deserve it as a reward for serving our country, if nothing else. Besides, I have a feeling that marines deployed in Afghanistan are probably a bit too busy to rack up thousands of posts. Only one other thing, Stewy, I'm 6'-0", 205, too, and pulled four plates for three today, so I'm giving you 3 1/2 weeks to add two reps. Then, we'll be, like, clones.

Yeah, I felt bad making the testicles joke regarding 4 plates to a Marine who's seen combat duty. That's why I made him a little graphic.

CarnalSalvation said:
And just FYI, personal bond or not, I'm proud of everyone who hits a PR on a real lift and isn't off doing one handed kettlebell snatches for time and supersetting them with burpees.

Watch it with the burpee bashing will ya? :D

Back