• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media New Jiri footage hitting the bag

In any USA camp he would have had a proper water weight cut and been at MW. Respect to him, he is wild, good luck to him.

I kinda see him as the Tony Ferguson of the LHW division as soon as he looses a step be it speed, reflexes, degraded chin etc it will look bad even worse then Tony since it will be vs 205's, winning fights on toughness and wildness has an expiration date.

Great fighter but he tries a little bit too hard with the "samurai schtick".

It reminds me of my first kickboxing class, before the coach arriving.

He is probably playing and experimenting, though.
Still, one of the most entertaining fighters.

You'd think Jiri is still champ with all these threads about everything he does. If Jiri took his training seriously and trained in US at a top gym who worked on his boxing defense I think it would help his career a lot. He won't have a long career with that defense

Looks solid to me, just getting daily work in, developing a style your own takes time and every rep counts...that linear straight he throws is very sneaky.. almost no setup and comes from hip like a sword stab...very interesting... he's really focusing on the true aspect of Mix Martial Arts... Taking the individual elements and styles and molding them to you.. this is what all fighters should be striving to do v.s Cookie cutter mma training...where yes u generally improve overtime but at a slower pace and less specialization..

Interested to see how he looks in his next fight...coming off injury , the 2nd fight back is usually better

Dude is an amazing fighter with some of the worst fundamentals in striking and wrestling I’ve ever seen.

I love Jiri, and I'm no MMA technical expert, but man alive I get the sense he has zero striking defence beyond having his long arms always in your way. Even in this video, he looks so hitable.

I agree with the Tony-of-LHW comments. I think Jiri is gonna fall off a cliff when he starts to slow down a little bit.

There's something very entertaining and quite succesful about the totally-unique and intense styles that guys like Tony and Jiri bring to the table, but it is absolutely rooted in physical talents like speed,timing and maybe most importantly, chin. Once these start to diminish even a little bit, it seems, the falloff is severe.

You can't help but wonder how much better these kinds of guys would do with a more traditional, more-defensive-minded training regime.

I love Jiri, and I'm no MMA technical expert, but man alive I get the sense he has zero striking defence beyond having his long arms always in your way. Even in this video, he looks so hitable.

I agree with the Tony-of-LHW comments. I think Jiri is gonna fall off a cliff when he starts to slow down a little bit.

There's something very entertaining and quite succesful about the totally-unique and intense styles that guys like Tony and Jiri bring to the table, but it is absolutely rooted in physical talents like speed,timing and maybe most importantly, chin. Once these start to diminish even a little bit, it seems, the falloff is severe.

You can't help but wonder how much better these kinds of guys would do with a more traditional, more-defensive-minded training regime.

Wading into danger the way he does is always wild but doing it against guys weighing 225lbs+ is just ridiculous lol.

Reactions: HHJ
Back