New Jersey man summons the force in pitbull attack

You lay pipe?

• Total voters
I’ve NEVER met anyone who owns a Cane Corso, but I’ve met hundreds of people who own pit bulls. The difference is clearly the overbreeding of these particular dogs of peace!

I would agree with that actually. The powerful dogs are all relatively just as dangerous. Pitbulls, mastiffs, shepherds, Dobermans, Akitas, Rottweilers... Etc.

The biggest difference is the APBT (including mixes) is by far the most popular breed by an insane amount. Go to any shelter and you'll see 80% are pit mixes.

The only reason the APBT has the reputation it does compared to other breeds is the total population relative to other dangerous breeds. I've seen estimates up to 25% and as low as 15%. The next most popular breed is the retriever which was only at 1% according to the AKC.

We actually saw this problem in the early 90s when the Rottweiler craze occurred and their population exploded. Rottweilers for several years became responsible for the most attacks and fatalities.

That's the biggest issue I have with breed specific legislation. You're just shifting the issue onto a different breed. Ok so APBTs are gone. Now people who want that type of large powerful animal are going to shift to another breed, and that new breed will have its population and popularity explode to current APBT numbers. Then it's the new "dog of peace" as you say. Then Sherdog will be flooded with idiots calling for that breeds ban talking about how it's so much different than these other dogs.

There are probably a dozen or so breeds that I can easily name that are all EQUALLY as dangerous as the APBT and nobody cares about them.

It's like wanting to ban the AR-15 because most people use it in mass shootings, but ignoring the AK variants. What do you think AR owners are going to start buying when you ban it? Is anything now safer because they are all getting AKs instead? No.

1. Wasn't a real "pit bull"....the media is giving "pitties" a bad name
2. Chihauhaus actually bite more often than a pit
3. Those Dogs are fine the owner is the problem
4. That guy probably provoked them by yelling and swinging a pipe

So the fact that my ex had a Labrador bite her in the face for no apparent reason means that regardless of any study people want to cite, since I've only ever seen a lab bite someone like that then labs are now the only unstable breed?

Is this how personal experience works with science now?

Do you like to avoid actual statistics and numbers? Is that how you work as a pitbull apologist? I think you like to come into pitbull threads so that you can brag about the fact you have a "Roman Way Dog" and you like to train it in Shitzu or whatever it's called.

I'd rather be attacked by 3 labs than 1 pitbull.

Do you like to avoid actual statistics and numbers? Is that how you work as a pitbull apologist? I think you like to come into pitbull threads so that you can brag about the fact you have a "Roman Way Dog" and you like to train it in Shitzu or whatever it's called.

I'd rather be attacked by 3 labs than 1 pitbull.

Yes an an engineer, I don't like math.

<YeahOKJen>

How do you think I figured out that relative attack rates weren't that far off between specific breeds based on their actual population. I actually looked up all the different statistics. Yes, the APBT accounts for the most total attacks. It also accounts for the most total dogs. That's how math works.

Back