New bodyweight workout regime

If you're fat and weigh more than 400 lbs, I'm sure you can get stronger for a while on bodyweight exercises alone.

hey genius, have you done much calisthenic training?

I have about 20 years of body building experience ( yeah, that's what weight lifting was when I was doing it), about 5 years of Capoeira, and another 4 of rock climbing. I tell you at 45 yrs old I'm still quite strong with out the use of weights.

here's a quick leg workout for the soccer player you mentioned:

20 pistols each leg
20 box jumps 36"
20 step ups 36"
20 side lunges each side
50 yard sprints
tailor the rounds and effort to the individual.

If you were anywhere close to right with that workout for a soccer player being sufficient for their means or more effective than what they currently do then why do professional soccer teams in Europe higher S+C coaches and spend a significant amount of training time in the gym lifting heavy (by their standards) shit?

well, i am training for martial arts srength so weights are unaffective and slow you down

FALSE
i doubt mma fighters and wrestlers would weight train if it slowed you down
excess mass slows you down, if you lift for strength and not just to put on size it WILL NOT slow you down

i'm not a fan of fureys training, read the faq and pick a strength program

lol poor Muscles can never catch a break.

It's alright. I'll survive. I enjoy the opportunity to represent a differing perspective.

Although I'm curious to see if any one would be will to take on any of the work outs I've posted in my person training log and then I'd like to here people's opinion of body weight work outs.

Just because they're challenging doesn't mean they're right for someone's particular goals. Stop acting like it's the only way to go.

Sure bodyweight training is very important and if done correctly is very rewarding and helps a great deal, but you won't develop any decent explosiveness and power without weights... its just not possible, and I love calisthenics so I feel I'm not speaking biased about this topic! Just mix both into your routine and you'll be happy with your results

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back