New bodyweight workout regime

wushurichard

White Belt
Reaction score
I am looking into changing my workout to the Matt Furey combat conditioning or the Elastic steel method. Do you have any tips on which one to do? i currently use a lot of traditional martial arts strengthening drills and ancient techniques so i am not new to hard workouts.

thanks guys :)

Don't do it.

Furey's stuff is crap. If you want to get stronger, read the FAQ and pick a good free weight strength training program like Starting Strength.

Don't do it.

Furey's stuff is crap. If you want to get stronger, read the FAQ and pick a good free weight strength training program like Starting Strength.

well, i am training for martial arts srength so weights are unaffective and slow you down. Matt furey is good actually he is a wrestling and kung dfu champion so he knows what he is doing.

bodyweight is amazing for making you faster stronger and m0ore effective in a street fight

well, i am training for martial arts srength so weights are unaffective and slow you down. Matt furey is good actually he is a wrestling and kung dfu champion so he knows what he is doing.

bodyweight is amazing for making you faster stronger and m0ore effective in a street fight

Come someone else post the Samuel L. Jackson FAQ pic?:rolleyes:

First: weight training will not slow you down. Did you even read the fucking faq? The stickies aren't there just for show, they have a lot of valuable information if you would take the time to read them fully.

Second: Matt Furey, by name, is listed in the forbidden topics. Granted that was written before S+P became S+C so I am unsure as to whether that list is applicable anymore.

Don't come in here with these outlandish claims that weight training will make you slow and "uneffective". Thanks.

I don't need any instant replay, my kicks and punches now move in slo-mo thanks to weight training. :D

He's trolling. He looked at the Forbidden topics thread and decided to make a post of them.

First: weight training will not slow you down. Did you even read the fucking faq? The stickies aren't there just for show, they have a lot of valuable information if you would take the time to read them fully.

Second: Matt Furey, by name, is listed in the forbidden topics. Granted that was written before S+P became S+C so I am unsure as to whether that list is applicable anymore.

Don't come in here with these outlandish claims that weight training will make you slow and "uneffective". Thanks.

Ok sorry i wqas unawair of that, if it helps matt furwey was mearly a 'subtopic'.

But still i want a bodyweight strength progranm to suppliment my kung fu training

you guys should be able to help

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

I am unaware of anyone who uses bw movements for anything other than gpp or as warm-up or recovery. Read the faq for s+p as well as the faq for conditioning. See if your opinion changes.

I am unaware of anyone who uses bw movements for anything other than gpp or as warm-up or recovery. Read the faq for s+p as well as the faq for conditioning. See if your opinion changes.

The only elite fighter I know who prefers BW exercises to Free Weights is Fedor. Obviously, he is the exception that proves the rule. And Fedor sticks to the proven BW exercises; Dips, Pull-Ups etc. Not the Matt Furey crap.

The only elite fighter I know who prefers BW exercises to Free Weights is Fedor. Obviously, he is the exception that proves the rule. And Fedor sticks to the proven BW exercises; Dips, Pull-Ups etc. Not the Matt Furey crap.

also jean claud van damme

For efficient body-weight strength training for Kung Fu you must first alter your diet such that it allows for steadily increasing body fat. This in turn encumbers you with additional weight which allows for a stable progression, and therefore, makes one stronger.

Consider this a valuable lesson from the greatest Kung-Fu master to ever step into the UFC:
medium_Roy_Nelson_and_Shane_Carwin_in_war_of_words_via_Twitter.jpg

He who will remain unnamed, and is still doing the set of Hindu push-ups he started in 2000, might be on to something.

The more I do bodyweight exercises with the wife the better we get at them. Especially at really high reps. The furniture doesn't last though...

Matt Furey is a fraud and everyone in the fitness community hates him

Matt Furey Combating Conditioning.

Hindu Push-up
Hindu Squat
Wrestlers bridge.

Repeat as many times as possible.

The end.

Back