New Atheist lies #1: Not accepting their own

Selling all your possessions doesn't really make you a Born Again, although it may be a symptom.

The problem is that a "True" Christian would be one that enters heaven when they die, so it's impossible to know, especially since we can't be sure heaven exists. I think this is more a knock on the actual objection, it's irrelevant to me who is a "True" Christian or not, if you say you are, all the power to you.

You wrote "one who follows Christ", Christ said you cannot follow him unless you hate yourself and your family and give up all your wealth.

In before you say it's up for interpretation: Jesus also says none of his teachings are up for interpretation.

So do you hate your family and your own life?

Have you given up all of your wealth?

If you answered yes, you're not a good person.

If you answered no, welcome to reality, we missed you.

Point being that those that clearly practice and believe in christianity are often more than willing to engage in slaughter. Obviously.

Carry on though, you're pretty funny.

Same here. Now, they may not follow exactly what others interpret how a Christian should think/act/feel, but they believe they are Christian, so they must be. Who is to say otherwise?

Over the two millennia of Christianity, it has had too many iterations and forms to keep track of. Certainly there is not a mold that fits all Christians.

This chick :

1385311474194.cached.jpg

Is probably an entirely different Christian than these guys :

BurningJoan.jpg

Your quote mining points to Hitler being religious, but against the institution of the church, as any fascist dictator would be towards competing powerful institution within his country. A countries religious beliefs can vary, but it important to authoritarians to make the State into the apex deity. It's why it doesn't really matter to me whether Hitler was a Christian or Stalin was an atheist. They were abusing the same forces to hold onto power, there isn't much difference whether you do something for a mythologized version of the State or a mythological deity. The reason modern atheists pick on religion is that is the most clear example of people being lead blindly. I was fairly militant in my youth, but as I get older I only really care if religion tries to infringe on people's rights, if they kept to themselves I'd be comfortable waiting for them to atrophy.

I put the IMO just pointing out my opinion on something that was not absolutely objective. Not sure why you are criticizing that. The quotes and actions I listed were objective and actually happened.

Again, my point never was that atheism makes you a mass murderer. I simply pointed out that hitler was an atheists and the New Atheists are using flimsy arguments to prove hitler was a christian. Why are THEY doing that?

Hitler faked being a christian for political gain but his true intention was to remove christianity and make a religion of hero worship in germany.

You wrote "one who follows Christ", Christ said you cannot follow him unless you hate yourself and your family and give up all your wealth.

In before you say it's up for interpretation: Jesus also says none of his teachings are up for interpretation.

So do you hate your family and your own life?

Have you given up all of your wealth?

If you answered yes, you're not a good person.

If you answered no, welcome to reality, we missed you.

I don't want to do this with you.

Do you guys remember how the first season of The Office was kind of hard to watch because of how embarrassed you felt for Steve Carrell's character?

Just wondering.

Is probably an entirely different Christian than these guys :

BurningJoan.jpg

Joan of Arc is a recognized saint. Her trial was a sham by the english rulers, not the english clergy.
The catholic church was never against her and sure as F did not order her burned.

1) What scriptural support, NT in particular, is used to support the SI?
2) The Spanish Inquisition is often cited in literature and history as an example of Catholic intolerance and repression. Modern historians have tended to question earlier and possibly exaggerated accounts concerning the severity of the Inquisition. Although records are incomplete, estimates of the number of persons charged with crimes by the Inquisition range up to 150,000, with 2,000 to 5,000 people executed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition
millions of executions by Hitler vs up to 5000 by SI.

Wow,

Lol.

So it's the number that makes him a non-christian.

What's the cut off?

How many people can a guy butcher, but still be a practicing Christian?

So Hitler openly says he's a Christian, then he behind closed doors says he doesn't like the church? You do realize that not liking the church has nothing to do with his stance of being a christian don't you?

These types of logical malfunctions you fundies have should get embarrassing at some point.

The best part of the whole Hitler debate is that it's always the religitards that bring him up like saying he's an Atheist makes Atheism bad or Christianity good. It doesn't, Hitler was an evil prick that happened to be Christian and used Christian dogma to promote his causes. The only point to be made here is that Christian doctrines can and do get used to support evil deeds and that is something you just cannot do if you don't have any doctrines, as Atheism has none.

Um, no read the posts. He was not a christian and only publicly said so for political gain. His plan was to wipe out christianity. He hated christianity. He was not a christian.

This was point #1

Point #2 is that the new atheists are treating their followers like idiots with this "proof"

Joan of Arc is a recognized saint. Her trial was a sham by the english rulers, not the english clergy.
The catholic church was never against her and sure as F did not order her burned.

It was the first witch burning picture I came across.

For Joan of Arc, substitute : Any other person burned at the stake by a mob of Christians.

Her tribunal was composed exclusively of clerics.

I haven't posted much on Sherdog in a while.

This thread is awesome.

Crusades (1095-1291)
^ You do not know your history of the crusades. Crusades were retaliation against expanding islam.

Many of the things listed like the conversion of pagans is NOT supported by scripture at all.
The truth is, that forced conversion was done by kings for political gains. American politicians use Christianity for the same thing in most cases in the US.

Provide me scriptural support for forced conversion from the NT in particular since we are talking christianity and I will listen to your point.

Um, no read the posts. He was not a christian and only publicly said so for political gain. His plan was to wipe out christianity. He hated christianity. He was not a christian.

This was point #1

Point #2 is that the new atheists are treating their followers like idiots with this "proof"

Your claim isn't supported with evidence. Hitler was openly Catholic(Christian) and had a private disdain of the church(as many Christians do). He was still a Christian. This need to separate yourself from him would be easy if you just admitted his beliefs do not contradict being a Christian and since you don't want to be like hitler you can then drop this backwards religion into the sewer where it belongs.

Many of the things listed like the conversion of pagans is NOT supported by scripture at all.
Provide me scriptural support for forced conversion from the NT in particular since we are talking christianity and I will listen to your point.
That's a tactic called "moving the goal posts". It is a generally dishonest strategy and typically indicative of someone with a shallow understanding of a topic.

For the record, I'm commonly called an atheist.

If Hitler was an atheist, I'm cool with that.

People of all ilk butcher other people of different ilk. The ilk of the butcherer is really only an issue when it becomes systemic.

Like the Constantinian Shift.

Or State Atheism

People do bad things, and use whatever works to defend or obscure it.

I think it's expected that atheists will dispute Hitler's possible atheism because religious people try to use it as an indictment. Even though the two shouldn't be connected, it's understandable for people to become defensive when attacked.

Crusades (1095-1291)
^ You do not know your history of the crusades. Crusades were retaliation against expanding islam.

The truth is, that forced conversion was done by kings for political gains. American politicians use Christianity for the same thing in most cases in the US.

I see.

You are the arbiter of Christendom.

Back