New Atheist lies #1: Not accepting their own

Medusas Weave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Since there seems to be a thread attacking X religion constantly, an opposite POV thread should be fair play, plus I will make mine objective and factual.

Long story short, the new atheists are not experts in theology or/and philosophy.
IMO they do what they do not for love or hate or to educate, but to make money selling books and talking and etc promoting their atheist world view.
IMO they make horrible arguments. Usually just outright lies and the worst readings of religious text possible.
But this is about how horrible their arguments are and how much they are reaching.

Most people think Hitler is an atheist. We have the most support for this POV. Not saying being an atheist makes you a Hitler, but I think it would be very hard for a practicing and believing christian to murder millions of people especially the jews aka God's people.

A common thing for the new atheists to say is that Hitler was not an atheist but he was a Christian.

Here is their proof:
https://richarddawkins.net/2014/10/the-atheist-atrocities-fallacy-hitler-stalin-pol-pot/
“Besides that, I believe one thing: there is a Lord God! And this Lord God creates the peoples.” [1] ~Adolf Hitler
-Hitler, speech, February 24, 1940, Essential Hitler

“We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations; we have stamped it out” [2] ~Adolf Hitler
Speech delivered in Berlin 24 October 1933; even though they attribute it to Mein Kampf (does not matter)

Okay, so what we have here are excerpts from PUBLIC SPEECHES to an overwhelmingly CHRISTIAN GERMANY
So, a dictator makes a statement to the people of his country hating atheism but liking christianity and we believe him?

So atheists take the public word of a dictator as being his true feelings? This is their proof???

I just do not get how stupid you would have to be to eat this up.
1) How many non-christian presidents (at least people who proclaim to be christians like obama) have the US had? NONE.
Which makes sense in a predominantly christian country like the US, much like germany was in hitlers day.
Do you want to piss off your entire populace by shitting on their religion???

2) I would judge someone's faith by how much they follow their religious texts/beliefs. Actions, not words.
Hate religion all you want, but you are not going to find anything in the bible to genocide God's people. It just is not going to happen. You can expect eternal torment for that.

Ok, so we have it that politicians lie to the public and that we should just a person adherence to a faith by their actions. I think in general people could agree on these two points.

The evidence that Hitler was not a christian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
1) Quotes from his closest friends

In his memoirs, Hitler's chief architect, Albert Speer, wrote "Amid his political associates in Berlin, Hitler made harsh pronouncements against the church...", yet "he conceived of the church as an instrument that could be useful to him"

The Goebbels Diaries also remark on this policy. Goebbels wrote on 29 April 1941 that though Hitler was "a fierce opponent" of the Vatican and Christianity, "he forbids me to leave the church. For tactical reasons."

The F

Since there seems to be a thread attacking X religion constantly, an opposite POV thread should be fair play, plus I will make mine objective and factual.

Long story short, the new atheists are not experts in theology or/and philosophy.
IMO they do what they do not for love or hate or to educate, but to make money selling books and talking and etc promoting their atheist world view.
IMO they make horrible arguments. Usually just outright lies and the worst readings of religious text possible.
But this is about how horrible their arguments are and how much they are reaching.

Most people think Hitler is an atheist. We have the most support for this POV. Not saying being an atheist makes you a Hitler, but I think it would be very hard for a practicing and believing christian to murder millions of people especially the jews aka God's people.

A common thing for the new atheists to say is that Hitler was not an atheist but he was a Christian.

Here is their proof:
https://richarddawkins.net/2014/10/the-atheist-atrocities-fallacy-hitler-stalin-pol-pot/

did hitler do what he did because he was....

a) an atheist or agnostic

b) a racist megalomaniac

did hitler do what he did because he was....

a) an atheist or agnostic

b) a racist megalomaniac

in case you didn't get the memo, all atheists are mass murders and Christians are saints.

I find it comical how the two sides just keep combating each other. Christians vs atheists is always fun to watch, especially when you aren't part of either side

I think it would be very hard for a practicing and believing christian to murder millions of people especially the jews aka God's people.
spanish_inquisition.jpg

Move along, nothing to see here.

Let me guess, TS. If some guy does something bad, he can't have been a true practicing and believing Christian, eh.

There's name for that fallacy.

It's interesting when a thread begins with Godwin's law, there's really nowhere for it to go after that.

I really don't know why one individual's belief in God matters more than another, I never understood both camps trying to hurl Hitler into the other's camp, it's an advanced type of ad hominem.

Jews and Christians have been at each others throats for thousands of years. Jews being booted out and barred from entry in many places since they were seen as corrupting / threatening.

So I don't think that war is all that indicative of not being Christian, but it is very unlikely that Hitler was Christian IMO. Most leaders wear whatever mask brings them influence.

Let me guess, TS. If some guy does something bad, he can't have been a true practicing and believing Christian, eh.

There's name for that fallacy.

Yes and no, you first have to define your terms.

I will make mine objective and factual.

Your quote mining points to Hitler being religious, but against the institution of the church, as any fascist dictator would be towards competing powerful institution within his country. A countries religious beliefs can vary, but it important to authoritarians to make the State into the apex deity. It's why it doesn't really matter to me whether Hitler was a Christian or Stalin was an atheist. They were abusing the same forces to hold onto power, there isn't much difference whether you do something for a mythologized version of the State or a mythological deity. The reason modern atheists pick on religion is that is the most clear example of people being lead blindly. I was fairly militant in my youth, but as I get older I only really care if religion tries to infringe on people's rights, if they kept to themselves I'd be comfortable waiting for them to atrophy.

Any power seeking person should be listened to with a large serving of salt.

That makes it more difficult for me to assert that the other side shares something in common with Hitler. Your objective approach has no business in this thread.

Hitler believed in the religion of evolution. He believed the German blond hair blue eyed race was a more evolved, superior race.

TS ignored the Spanish inquisition, passion plays, centuries of Christian anti-semitism against Jews - all of which laid the groundwork for the anti-semetic ferver that allowed the holocaust to take place.

"I got a ferver
And the only prescription
Is more holocaust"

- Hitler

Hitler believed in the religion of evolution. He believed the German blond hair blue eyed race was a more evolved, superior race.

it's not funny anymore...your gimmick has been exposed and very few people believe you're real..

STFU already.

Back