Media New 1 Hour Interview with the GOAT, Georges St. Pierre

Cliffs
  • He discusses the difference between Gi and No Go training and how it applies to the real world vs MMA
  • Talks a lot about confidence & fight mentality
  • Says that he loves to train and the fighter lifestyle, but Fighting itself is incredibly stressful and normally doesn't enjoy it
  • Talks his training history, transitioning from karate to BJJ, getting tapped and losing a lot early on
  • Touches a little bit on his fight with Bisping
  • Gives a ton of tips to guys looking to compete in sports, especially combat sports

Where is the GOAT? Just a GSP interview.

The difference between him and a MMA artist like Anderson Silva. The Spider loves fighting that's why he has so many incredible finishes and still fights at 44 years old. GSP was more focused on winning under the 10-pt system.

Silva is so scared he needs steroids to boost his confidence.

Still holding out hope for GSP vs Khabib. If Khabib beats Tony, and Conor II, then Dana needs to give Khabib his dream fight.

Still holding out hope for GSP vs Khabib. If Khabib beats Tony, and Conor II, then Dana needs to give Khabib his dream fight.
No. Only confirms commercial MMA can not develop new talent.

Let Georges alone.<GOT3>

Regardless of the haters, and though I def disagree with most of their points, I can understand certains points of why they dislike him. Some of it is most likely trolling as well, but at the end of the day you can't hate on his respect for the sport, and he does carry himself in that aspect with dignity.

Hate on him whatever, but he does represent MMA very well, and youd be a fool to say otherwise

Same ole retread of luvers vs. haters.

The man is giving us insights on martial arts... MMA.<Prem974>

I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy of calling Jones a cheater but giving GSP a pass for some reason
Lmao! So an inexperienced corner man inadvertently transferring grease to his body via a breathing technique they routinely do is the same thing as Jon having enough PEDs in his body to possibly continue to “pulse” on his deathbed?

How exactly is GSP the goat...? Jones has already broken his record and has beaten way better competition.

goat's dont abuse steroids. especially to the point where the ufc and the companies under their payroll have to make an excemption for them to continue roiding just so they can be allowed to compete.

youd never have to worry about having to move an entire event out of state on a weeks notice when GSP was fighting. the only thing he ever pissed out was excellence.

He's already been cleared. And none of the steroids in his system were in large enough amounts to give a performance benefit according to USADA. Jones is the GOAT.
Easy not to pop when you are not getting tested

I can also say that it was Jones' dumbass supplement company that tainted his batch

In fact, USADA's ruling said that Jones did not take it intentionally

You are a hypocrite. Either both of them are cheats or none of them
But yet not a single tainted supplement was to be found. Plus, how many times has he popped? This isn’t a one time thing.. Wasn’t he removed from a card for doping? Then came back an got suspended again after his very next fight? Then another whole card got moved to another state because of his test results?
Sounds a bit suspicious to me. Oh wait, Jon just has the worst luck.

So the interview is about the average length of his fights.

I wish he was still fighting. As much as I shit on him, it was better when he was fighting. Him and TJ Grant both retired too early.

He started taking far more punishment towards the end in his last 3-4 fights than he did earlier for the majority of his career. He had serious knee injuries and was in his early/mid 30's after competing as a pro at a ridiculously high level for a long time. He retired at the right time IMO. We didn't start to see a depleted, old, past it GSP in the octagon, that would have been sad. I think physically he could have competed at a high level for another few years but mentally is another question in itself. I think that was the obstacle.

Has anyone ever asked gsp who the mma goat is? I know he respects Fedor...

But yet not a single tainted supplement was to be found. Plus, how many times has he popped? This isn’t a one time thing.. Wasn’t he removed from a card for doping? Then came back an got suspended again after his very next fight? Then another whole card got moved to another state because of his test results?
Sounds a bit suspicious to me. Oh wait, Jon just has the worst luck.
Jones had an independent third party vouch for unintentional consumption.

If GSP vs BJ Penn had happened today, he would've been disqualified. Looked at what happened to Greg Hardy for using an inhaler

Jones had an independent third party vouch for unintentional consumption.

If GSP vs BJ Penn had happened today, he would've been disqualified. Looked at what happened to Greg Hardy for using an inhaler
And it never happened again, did it?
Jon has repeated the same offense continuously. But wait, that was from a single contaminated dick pill. Sure was a lot of PEDs in that little thing to cause “pulsing” for years. Very believable...

One hour interview with goat , GSP? I thought GSP was interviewing Jones for a hour.

And it never happened again, did it?
Jon has repeated the same offense continuously. But wait, that was from a single contaminated dick pill. Sure was a lot of PEDs in that little thing to cause “pulsing” for years. Very believable...
Never happened again doesn't change the fact that it happened, and once a cheater always a cheater. At least this is the whole argument against Silva's and Jones' career.

So yeah, if you call Jones a cheater you should also label GSP as such

Never happened again doesn't change the fact that it happened, and once a cheater always a cheater. At least this is the whole argument against Silva's and Jones' career.

So yeah, if you call Jones a cheater you should also label GSP as such
Problem is they aren’t even remotely comparable. Intentionally or not, PED use is much worse than grease on an athlete.
And how you can possibly believe Jon’s YEARS of PED issues are just a big misunderstanding but can’t for a second believe the grease transfer was unintentional is mind boggling. And especially not to believe that an athlete full of adrenaline and focused solely on his next round might not be aware of the action to begin with.

The difference between him and a MMA artist like Anderson Silva. The Spider loves fighting that's why he has so many incredible finishes and still fights at 44 years old. GSP was more focused on winning under the 10-pt system.
Capture d’écran 2019-11-02 à 15.38.59.png

Capture d’écran 2019-11-02 à 15.57.32.png
I guess GSP had the best strategy ...

Back