Media Neil Magny: Khamzat Chimaev is "all talk" and won't fight me

I dislike Chiesa as much as the next guy, but Chiesa is black belt in BJJ, Khamzat might not have the top control that Chiesa does, nor the sub threats.

Khamzat via smesh.
You heard it here first... oh wait.

No fighter have fucked up my bets as much as Magny. I appreciate his consistency. You can always trust Neil Magny to be Neil Magny. No suprises now. He litterally fights exactly the same now as when he made his UFC debut. Hasn't improved or declined.

Kinda like Bisping until he hit that extra level.

Magny is a massive step up in competition for Khamzat. He does tend to struggle against elite grapplers, and the narrative is that Khamzat is an elite grappler (although there isn't any definitive proof of that against high level competition). Either way, Magny is a tough out for anyone and we'll learn a lot about Khamzat in that fight.

I like Magny and he's a great gatekeeper but imo Khamzat runs through him and looks spectacular doing it.

Khamzat will smesh the living hell out of Magny. If you haven't figured it out yet, your eyes will open in 2021.

That's what they I included said many many many times before. He came through many many many times

Magny is a massive step up in competition for Khamzat. He does tend to struggle against elite grapplers, and the narrative is that Khamzat is an elite grappler (although there isn't any definitive proof of that against high level competition). Either way, Magny is a tough out for anyone and we'll learn a lot about Khamzat in that fight.

I actually think Khamzat's ability to walk people down and bomb the shit out of them would be more key to this fight. Magny got backed up against the cage and struggled with pressure against both Larkin and Ponzinibbio. I think if Khamzat approaches Magny the same way he approached GM3 he KO's him early.

Smesh the opponent, collect the bonus and drink the coconut!

tenor.gif

I actually think Khamzat's ability to walk people down and bomb the shit out of them would be more key to this fight. Magny got backed up against the cage and struggled with pressure against both Larkin and Ponzinibbio. I think if Khamzat approaches Magny the same way he approached GM3 he KO's him early.

Khamzat did sell that wolf ticket big time. He was acting like he was going to grapple GM3, I thought he had a good chance of getting choked out, but oh boy he had zero intent to grapple.

Neil is a wierd case where he's not an elite guy, but he wins sometimes when no one expects him to.

No one thought he would beat Hendricks. No one thought he'd beat Lombard. No one thought he'd beat Kelvin. I don't think lots of people thought Magny would beat Lim or Tim Means. Or Condit. Or Lawler maybe even. So many people counted Magny out against Jiangliang who knocked out Ponzo in round 1 most recently.

He once again came through against Neal.

What will happen, if and when the destroyer of hype trains meets the Uber Super prospect Khamzat?
Magny barely cuts anyweight, khamzat holds him down

Khamzat will be the guy to beat GOAT Pierre's record ...not Magny. He'll put him in a body bag come.... When is he returning again?

Which record? Number of wins? Magny has a lot, but also has 7 losses at WW in the UFC and never fought for the title. He's the Cerrone or Jim Miller of WW. Good fighter with great career longevity but never among the truly elite.

I hope it get's booked. Liked the match originally and has a bit a history now.

Enjoy both guys but will be on the Kham Konnection!

Back