• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Neil Magny interested in fighting Khamzat Chimaev

Great fight. I've had reservations about the UFC booking this for fear of derailing one prospect with another. I guess it's okay in this case because Magny has only recently gotten a new lease on life in his last few fights, having reinvented himself as a very well-rounded guy.

Solid challenge though. I'd watch it.

If you easily dispatch Magny in the first round that definitely says something

(now obviously if this happens the ney-sayers will downplay it)

His ranked top 10 would have liked a higher opponent but nontheless Chimaev by stoppage. I would prefer Leon Edwards fight for Chimaev just due to him being ranked higher and plus Edwards haven't fight for a long time
You got yourself a Borz av I see...

Kind of makes sense. Magny is a good fighter that hasn't really beaten anyone relevant.

Magnt was outclassed in the ground and submitted by RDA, and outclassdd in the feet by Ponzi. I wonder what route would Chimaev take

I have always rated Magny and said he'll be ready to fight anyone. One of those rare guys with the "Cowboy" mindset.
When he avoids the power punches it's usually a win for him, by being fresher in the later rounds.

With all this said, I think the power and speed of Khamzat could surprise him. It's not unlikely that Khamzat would finish him early on.

What's the deal with Chimaev and weight classes?

magny is a huge step up from GM3.

I am not saying his not but just wished a much higher opponent like Leon Edwards but nonetheless a top 10 guy like Magny is great fight for Chimaev cuz I wanted him to fight the 3rd ranked guy in Edwards but Nail Magny as the top 10 guy is a good fight in itself

Back