Media Neil Magny interested in fighting Khamzat Chimaev

I am not saying his not but just wished a much higher opponent like Leon Edwards but nonetheless a top 10 guy like Magny is great fight for Chimaev cuz I wanted him to fight the 3rd ranked guy in Edwards but Nail Magny as the top 10 guy is a good fight in itself

Why? He hasn't done anything to earn a top5 opponent. You don't jump from GM3 to title-shot. Getting a top-10 guy is great in itself but until now he hasn't fought anyone that is even a challenge.

If he can beat magny in convincing fashion, sure have a crack at top5.

He should NEVER fight edwards. He's on a 8 win streak and should fight for title, not against someone that just fought gm3.

I’m down with this fight. Magny has great cardio no problem there. I think the Cosmonaut gets it done with his hands, but either way it has the makings of a great competitive fight.

Why? He hasn't done anything to earn a top5 opponent. You don't jump from GM3 to title-shot. Getting a top-10 guy is great in itself but until now he hasn't fought anyone that is even a challenge.

If he can beat magny in convincing fashion, sure have a crack at top5.

He should NEVER fight edwards. He's on a 8 win streak and should fight for title, not against someone that just fought gm3.

Edwards himself could be interested in the fight since he didn't fight for awhile

Last edited:
Magny is not to be underestimated, especially for Khamzat who has untested cardio.

how many russian or chechnian(not sure how to spell it) have you known, to not have good cardio? from what I've read, khamzat is a machine and can go 10 rounds easy....according to his teammates.

Khamzat via easy smesh.
Props to Magny though to step up. He seems like a good dude.

His ranked top 10 would have liked a higher opponent but nontheless Chimaev by stoppage. I would prefer Leon Edwards fight for Chimaev just due to him being ranked higher and plus Edwards haven't fight for a long time

the scary thing is, we don't really know just how good khamzat really is...his fights are total destructions. now he's fighting regularly, so he's going to be even harder to beat and he's getting in that groove of fighting frequently.

I hope it's a main event. I doubt hazmat finishes him, Magny is durable. And I'd like to see them in dem deep waters.

Book that shit Dana. Oh, he's not reading this. Somebody tweet it to him.

If he were to smash Magny than anybody not jumping onboard the hypetrain would have to be a troll

how many russian or chechnian(not sure how to spell it) have you known, to not have good cardio? from what I've read, khamzat is a machine and can go 10 rounds easy....according to his teammates.

Plenty of apanyent with shit cardio in all ethnicities.

Back