Media Neil Magny interested in fighting Khamzat Chimaev

Great fight. I've had reservations about the UFC booking this for fear of derailing one prospect with another. I guess it's okay in this case because Magny has only recently gotten a new lease on life in his last few fights, having reinvented himself as a very well-rounded guy.

Solid challenge though. I'd watch it.

If you easily dispatch Magny in the first round that definitely says something

(now obviously if this happens the ney-sayers will downplay it)

His ranked top 10 would have liked a higher opponent but nontheless Chimaev by stoppage. I would prefer Leon Edwards fight for Chimaev just due to him being ranked higher and plus Edwards haven't fight for a long time
You got yourself a Borz av I see...

Kind of makes sense. Magny is a good fighter that hasn't really beaten anyone relevant.

Magnt was outclassed in the ground and submitted by RDA, and outclassdd in the feet by Ponzi. I wonder what route would Chimaev take

I have always rated Magny and said he'll be ready to fight anyone. One of those rare guys with the "Cowboy" mindset.
When he avoids the power punches it's usually a win for him, by being fresher in the later rounds.

With all this said, I think the power and speed of Khamzat could surprise him. It's not unlikely that Khamzat would finish him early on.

What's the deal with Chimaev and weight classes?

magny is a huge step up from GM3.

I am not saying his not but just wished a much higher opponent like Leon Edwards but nonetheless a top 10 guy like Magny is great fight for Chimaev cuz I wanted him to fight the 3rd ranked guy in Edwards but Nail Magny as the top 10 guy is a good fight in itself

Back