Neighbor next door committed suicide

I think about it daily for a few months now. No job, negative in my bank account, maxed out credit card. Probably get my car repossessed soon. Pawned my xbox and recording equipment from when I used to do View attachment 1031760voice acting. Got 80 dollars. No family. I haven't had a gf in 3 years. Life sucks asshole balls. Also I've been waiting about a month for unemployment. Just checked the post. Got denied.
You know how they say. You cannot get up if don't fall down first. Don't give up, sherbro.

I think about it daily for a few months now. No job, negative in my bank account, maxed out credit card. Probably get my car repossessed soon. Pawned my xbox and recording equipment from when I used to do View attachment 1031760voice acting. Got 80 dollars. No family. I haven't had a gf in 3 years. Life sucks asshole balls. Also I've been waiting about a month for unemployment. Just checked the post. Got denied.
I hope it gets better for you.

Feeling quite sad about it..

A part of me wishes i knew she'd been suffering this much and would've tried to say something, a word of encouragement, anything to just keep fighting and trying to find peace

could tell she was fairly isolated, when you share a thin wall with someone, you can pick up a lot about their habits. She didn't seem to do much other than work. No friends came over, didn't even really hear her talk on the phone or anything for the last few months.

Sad stuff man.. you never really know what someone's going through.

To anyone reading, take the lesson from me, if you feel someone may benefit from a word of encouragement, hope or whatever, say it. You never know how much they may need it.
I knew a guy who was the opposite of that from what i could tell, all smiles and bravado, i was devestated to find he'd killed himself. Why? I didn't really "know" the guy but I've always had suicidal ideas going back to when i was a preteen. I can relate to the guy in a way I never expected to. Dude was all show and he did a great job of hiding his pain.

You give yourself too much power a compliment would have not saved her life that is actually arrogant of you to assume. You didnt really know her or what her issues were. So dont beat yourself up over it some people just dont want to go on.
who knows, the great pianist arthur rubinstein made a suicide attempt, he tried to hang himself, he jumped off the chair and the rope broke, he broke out laughing and says he went on "to fall in love with life". Frank Sinatra made a suicide attempt and was found by a friend after he'd turned all the gas on. He went on to live a long life.

Sorry to hear. Many different reasons why people decide to end their lives. I've known several people who have committed suicide. I'm starting to wonder if I have that effect on people.
hell no you don't, it's how people are. recently, i had a person in my life go from treating me like a trusted associate (having me run errands with credit cards, driving his vehicles) to overnight treating me like a thief because a heater turned up missing in his office. Being as I've run into this problem before, it was natural, like you to wonder if I somehow make these idiots think I stole something. No man, people are just paranoid and suspicious and I tell you what, I didn't take the fucking heater (or the other things people thought I took). People are fucked up. I wouldn't bring the shit up to him or you so boldly if I was some sort of klepto. fuck'em all i say.

who knows, the great pianist arthur rubinstein made a suicide attempt, he tried to hang himself, he jumped off the chair and the rope broke, he broke out laughing and says he went on "to fall in love with life". Frank Sinatra made a suicide attempt and was found by a friend after he'd turned all the gas on. He went on to live a long life.
I dont see the connections. When someone tries to commit suicide and he fails that doesnt mean that person will just try until it succeeds. There is figurately no connections to stranger compliments to what your saying. If you mean by who knows, who knows what goes on in peoples heads i would tend to agree.

I have seen suicide via 2 people I was close with, both found their parent after the fact.
Man, that sends a fucking BOMB thru a family.

I hope this chick was an orphan or not close to her family.

On a dark note, if she didn't want to play anymore, I get it. I think it is weird that our society acts as though everyone owes it to the world to try to live forever even if they are miserable or in horrendous pain.

You don't know what troubles she had.
She tapped out. No more pain, no more stress.

@AstralPanda it's not your fault.
View attachment 1031612
that's one reason I never was too eager to kill myself, I don't know if i believe that we'll no longer be in pain. Maybe the state we die in follows us to the other world. I knew a guy who said that he had a neighbor kill himself, the next night he heard a voice scream and a lightbulb burst in his apt. I think maybe the guy who killled himself realize he made a mistake. Some would say, "god gave you this life and only he can take it away" I know you may not go for that but I would tend to think it might have some truth.

I dont see the connections. When someone tries to commit suicide and he fails that doesnt mean that person will just try until it succeeds. There is figurately no connections to stranger compliments to what your saying. If you mean by who knows, who knows what goes on in peoples heads i would tend to agree.
I'm saying tiny things that happened by fate or coincidence stopped those two suicides, we just don't know if some little thing could have stopped her, no way of knowing that.

If you want to help make a GDPR request to tinder and other social apps inquiring why a single lady couldn't hookup with a single guy across all their apps. You have adequate interest and direct concern because I find it very difficult to believe a girl in this day and age who was clearly struggling with loneliness did not attempt to use social apps. Shadow banning is a real thing and a likely cause for all of these instances in the modern world. People expect gratification online and when they don't think they are getting it, then they won't express themselves in the real world.

Have you read / seen the experiences from girls on some of the guys on Tinder ?
She probably committed suicide because of that. Not inspite of that.

I'm saying tiny things that happened by fate or coincidence stopped those two suicides, we just don't know if some little thing could have stopped her, no way of knowing that.
No way of knowing if either of those things happend either. People lie all the time.

i mentioned the heater thing but i got more down recently over how I dont think i've ever had a true friend. but after a bit of that, and a bit of the depression about finances, I actually honestly feel kind of liberated oddly enough. no friends, no real family, no one, it's strangely free but I'd be lying if I said shit didn't bother me. Some of it I can fix, the part, involving how people are in general, i can't.

No way of knowing if either of those things happend either. People lie all the time.
maybe, I think the sinatra story was pretty much verified, there was a witness, rubinstein? sure, he could be bullshitting. But sometimes it just takes a little bit of something to stop someone. I knew a gay (same guy who told me the suicide/lightbulb story above)guy who was gonna kill himself, stupidly by buying bottles of sleeping pills, i was the first person he came out to, 35 years later he's out and proud as fuck. Good for him, we aren't friends today, but the point is, something as small as a little conversation can make a difference. You never know. Whether this gay guy would have killed himself, who knows?

Edit: Your statement about lying is true. Johnny Cash had some story of how he went into some deep cave to die sometime in the 60's or 70's and that he had some sort of spiritual awakening. If it happened at all, the people who checked his time frame said it couldn't be possible because the cave would have been underwater. So, possible he was just building his myth.

Last edited:
Have you read / seen the experiences from girls on some of the guys on Tinder ?
She probably committed suicide because of that. Not inspite of that.
again, all social aps. TS also said he noted no social interaction indicating it was empty space. Dating apps are a smoking gun that haven't been checked in any case. Anyway, it's been noted this is off topic but it is something that always glares at me in these situations so it always annoys me.

Feeling quite sad about it..

A part of me wishes i knew she'd been suffering this much and would've tried to say something, a word of encouragement, anything to just keep fighting and trying to find peace

could tell she was fairly isolated, when you share a thin wall with someone, you can pick up a lot about their habits. She didn't seem to do much other than work. No friends came over, didn't even really hear her talk on the phone or anything for the last few months.

Sad stuff man.. you never really know what someone's going through.

To anyone reading, take the lesson from me, if you feel someone may benefit from a word of encouragement, hope or whatever, say it. You never know how much they may need it.

First...
it's not your fault.
5cf6c0d2-a558-4a2f-a818-32f584dea40e_text.gif
@jeff7b9 nailed what you needed to hear.

You give yourself too much power a compliment would have not saved her life that is actually arrogant of you to assume. You didnt really know her or what her issues were. So dont beat yourself up over it some people just dont want to go on.
@Bobby00 may have needed to use better wording, but its a tough message that perhaps you should consider.

She was in despair, as all whom commit suicide. Hopelessness without perception of relief. Its extremely doubtful a friendly neighbor would have been enough to pull her out if her downward spiral.

You're a good person, and its natural to have such a tramatic event happen so close to home... literally... have an effect on you to the point you may indirectly/partially blame yourself...that you believe you could/should have detected her distress and could/should have dissuaded her from taking such an action to end her life.

My fellow Sherbro, grieve for your neighbor, but recognise there was nothing you could have reasonably expected to have detected her despair.

Where you're at now -
R.f115b595d39159f2485ee78d3b3867c4

Where you will be -
good-will-hunting-notyourfault.gif

48807c51641211b88d0aff82171c6168.gif

its-not-your-fault-good-will-hunting-gif.gif

Back