Neighbor next door committed suicide

AstralPanda

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Feeling quite sad about it..

A part of me wishes i knew she'd been suffering this much and would've tried to say something, a word of encouragement, anything to just keep fighting and trying to find peace

could tell she was fairly isolated, when you share a thin wall with someone, you can pick up a lot about their habits. She didn't seem to do much other than work. No friends came over, didn't even really hear her talk on the phone or anything for the last few months.

Sad stuff man.. you never really know what someone's going through.

To anyone reading, take the lesson from me, if you feel someone may benefit from a word of encouragement, hope or whatever, say it. You never know how much they may need it.

You give yourself too much power a compliment would have not saved her life that is actually arrogant of you to assume. You didnt really know her or what her issues were. So dont beat yourself up over it some people just dont want to go on.

I have seen suicide via 2 people I was close with, both found their parent after the fact.
Man, that sends a fucking BOMB thru a family.

I hope this chick was an orphan or not close to her family.

On a dark note, if she didn't want to play anymore, I get it. I think it is weird that our society acts as though everyone owes it to the world to try to live forever even if they are miserable or in horrendous pain.

You don't know what troubles she had.
She tapped out. No more pain, no more stress.

@AstralPanda it's not your fault.
5cf6c0d2-a558-4a2f-a818-32f584dea40e_text.gif

Last edited:
If you want to help make a GDPR request to tinder and other social apps inquiring why a single lady couldn't hookup with a single guy across all their apps. You have adequate interest and direct concern because I find it very difficult to believe a girl in this day and age who was clearly struggling with loneliness did not attempt to use social apps. Shadow banning is a real thing and a likely cause for all of these instances in the modern world. People expect gratification online and when they don't think they are getting it, then they won't express themselves in the real world.

My uncle killed himself with a fucking circular saw and my cousin came home to find him. Fucked him up for a few years, he actually got committed to a mental hospital at one point. He's much better now thank God.

I think we often place too much importance on ourselves and think we could’ve done more, saved them, or whatever.

Chances are, it was out of your hands no matter what, sherbro.

Either way, RIP.

There's nothing you could have done as a neighbor. I had a sibling commit suicide, it's a decision they've thought about for a while and chose not to share with anyone. Certainly not with you. Don't beat yourself up about it.

If you want to help make a GDPR request to tinder and other social apps inquiring why a single lady couldn't hookup with a single guy across all their apps. You have adequate interest and direct concern because I find it very difficult to believe a girl in this day and age who was clearly struggling with loneliness did not attempt to use social apps. Shadow banning is a real thing and a likely cause for all of these instances in the modern world. People expect gratification online and when they don't think they are getting it, then they won't express themselves in the real world.

Suicide is way more complicated than the ability to hookup on Tinder.

My uncle killed himself with a fucking circular saw and my cousin came home to find him. Fucked him up for a few years, he actually got committed to a mental hospital at one point. He's much better now thank God.
its one thing to do that but to let others find you like that? pffffft

Back