Neighbor next door committed suicide

There's nothing you could have done as a neighbor. I had a sibling commit suicide, it's a decision they've thought about for a while and chose not to share with anyone. Certainly not with you. Don't beat yourself up about it.
Saw The Bridge a couple years back Brutal documentary

Dudes visited and made attempts many many times before actually doing the deed

People misunderstand the process It isnt a one off easy decisiom and these people are delerious beforehand

Sometime it ain't your scrap fam and in this case it really wasn't 💭 Hope you find peace with that real soon 🙏

But yo it's a heads-up to check in on your loved ones 📞 Hit up my sis a couple weeks back gyal was in a mad dark spot 😔 She got multiple cribs bag secured 💰 💼 but still dropped a whole essay on me aboot wanting to dip to the desert on the low 🏜️ feeling like life's got no point 😞even thinking aboot ending it all 💔

Like fam, all I said was "howdy doodie sis" 🤠 You just never know what's going on with someone, for real 🤷‍♂️

My uncle killed himself with a fucking circular saw and my cousin came home to find him. Fucked him up for a few years, he actually got committed to a mental hospital at one point. He's much better now thank God.
WTF???? That's like the worst way to kill yourself I've ever heard. Are they sure he did it on purpose? No foul play?

WTF???? That's like the worst way to kill yourself I've ever heard. Are they sure he did it on purpose? No foul play?
Yeah I heard the scene was pretty bad, guy must have been dedicated to the task. No he definitely did it himself.

It's a more common method than you would expect. I was as surprised as you when I found that out, but it is a manner some people choose.
Maybe because it will be irreversable?

Anyway that work and no social enjoyment is a very dark existence to cycle through. Especially if things start to go bad at work as well.

Life can really suck sometimes, yet I don't think about ending it, but others do

Suicide is way more complicated than the ability to hookup on Tinder.

Social apps today aren't only about dating. People need connections and people who struggle socially have become reliant on these apps. If someone is in a situation like that it raises the question of why they weren't able to connect digitally online. It is very much similar for Hikitomori's, incels etc that have noted they don't get matches. Companies with that much control over social lives should be questioned more on why it appears certain people are shadow banned. This is like those horror movies where the director needs an excuse for the mobile phone to stop working. People long for connection but struggle socially, so there are apps to help socially awkward people meet, yet they're still not matching with anyone? If there are apparently more ways than ever to connect then why is there such an absurd loneliness pandemic in most of the world? I feel like these companies are always absent from these discussions on loneliness.

Maybe you would had felt worse if you actually had known her

When I was 19 my best friend who I was very close to told me he was thinking about suicide and had guns. I told him to come stay with me for a few days. I thought he was doing better and I dropped him off at his house and hugged him and left. That night he got drunk and tried to call me but I was out somewhere. He killed himself that night. That really fucked me up for a long time.

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. It's true you never know what someone is going through. As a general rule always try to be nice to people because you just never know.

You give yourself too much power a compliment would have not saved her life that is actually arrogant of you to assume. You didnt really know her or what her issues were. So dont beat yourself up over it some people just dont want to go on.
100. I get what he’s saying but nowadays with all the “ mental health” talk going on people feel like they can help and diagnose everyone . I would get if it was close bud and he’s right it’s nice to be kind to people, but it’s narcissistic to think you’d be capable of preventing this. I have neighbors in my apt who I don’t even know . Don’t know names or anything really . I say “ hi “ in hallway ( I’m in secured building ) but that’s it . Doubt my “ hi” would help em from ending life .

I don’t think you should feel sad about someone killing themselves. At least not sad for that person.

For the individual, they are finally free of their torment, and they executed their will. Good for them.

Is it sad for their family? I guess, but I’d tell their family the same thing.

My uncle killed himself with a fucking circular saw and my cousin came home to find him. Fucked him up for a few years, he actually got committed to a mental hospital at one point. He's much better now thank God.
I can see how that would fuck you up for a bit, that's crazy sir.
Glad he's doing better brother.

Back