Neighbor is White Trash

I am white, grew up extremely wealthy, and I find this phrase repulsive.

If the phrase to describe poor, unintelligent, drama inducing white people was, "golden fairies" you'd still say the phrase was repulsive. You have made the decision to take this as insulting, not anyone else. I'm white as fuck, light brown hair and blue eyes, and I use the phrase all the time. I have friends that live in trailer parks and we all joke about white trash constantly.

Some dude is parked outside, blocking my parking spot, and honking his horn.

Let us know what happens man. Seems like they're some classless idiots honestly.

In all fairness to D4wnee... if the term white trash is acceptable why isn't the derogatory term for blacks acceptable?

Last edited:
In all fairness to D4wnee... if the term white trash is acceptable why isn't the derogatory term for blacks unacceptable?

Because it was associated with centuries of oppression, slavery, human ownership, rape, and subservience?

Or they're exactly the same. Whichever.

If the phrase to describe poor, unintelligent, drama inducing white people was, "golden fairies" you'd still say the phrase was repulsive. You have made the decision to take this as insulting, not anyone else. I'm white as fuck, light brown hair and blue eyes, and I use the phrase all the time. I have friends that live in trailer parks and we all joke about white trash constantly.

Let us know what happens man. Seems like they're some classless idiots honestly.

Of Course I would be offended if the term was golden fairies, who wouldn't be? Why don't we just classify them as human beings?
And it's people like you, with poor attitudes toward things like that, who perpetuate these types of things.

It's a stereotype that people from lower classes fall into because of this type of narrow minded thinking

Thats apartment life and theres nothing you can do about it.

In all fairness to D4wnee... if the term white trash is acceptable why isn't the derogatory term for blacks unacceptable?

They aren't equivalent terms. The N word is a slant for an entire race. White trash is a term for a specific subset of a race that behaves a certain way. It's more akin to hillbilly. Honkey would be a more direct equivalent.

I grew up in a town that is/was 96% white. The term "white trash" always referred to an attitude or behavior rather than socioeconomic status. I'm white and grew up in a working middle class family and went to school and hung out with plenty of working poor that I wouldn't consider white trash. People without manners and obnoxious in general were considered white trash. Those were the same people that were constantly getting arrested and starting fights.

I would consider the rude woman who got in my face after I politely asked to be quiet white trash.

It would be unacceptable for me to use derogatory terms to describe any other race, imo.

BTW, the dude honking the horn left after about five minutes. Last week I went down to the corner shop to get some snacks and there was a guy parked outside asking everyone if they have seen a particular woman. Probably looking for my neighbor.

Of Course I would be offended if the term was golden fairies, who wouldn't be? Why don't we just classify them as human beings?
And it's people like you, with poor attitudes toward things like that, who perpetuate these types of things.

It's a stereotype that people from lower classes fall into because of this type of narrow minded thinking

Geez. Between this and the obesity thread, I'm starting to get concerned about the collective sensitivity of sherdog.

Everyone everywhere - including you - labels groups of people based on shared characteristics. Some of the labels reflect positively. Some reflect negatively. It is never going to go away.

Because it was associated with centuries of oppression, slavery, human ownership, rape, and subservience?

Or they're exactly the same. Whichever.

I'm pretty sure the poor Irish and Italian immigrants were viewed, used and treated about the same for just as long. Perhaps you'd have to start in England to view the earlier part of it.

any way.... personally I find neither offensive. Since once you do, you empower the word.

So a parent yells at her brats and you feel the need to get involved. Good god.

Nobody, whether black or white should use either term (White Trash, or the N word) to describe people of their own color or someone else's color.

And quite frankly people should stop identifying themselves as either white or black, and just view eachother as people. Than maybe all this racial non sense will come to an end eventually

So a parent yells at her brats and you feel the need to get involved. Good god.

Yeah that's exactly what happened. It was a one time thing. A parent yelled at a kid one time and then the kid was quiet.

Yeah that's exactly what happened. It was a one time thing. A parent yelled at a kid one time and then the kid was quiet.

Lawl! You can always tell when someone hasn't read the thread yet.. :D

Nobody, whether black or white should use either term (White Trash, or the N word) to describe people of their own color or someone else's color.

And quite frankly people should stop identifying themselves as either white or black, and just view eachother as people. Than maybe all this racial non sense will come to an end eventually

Can I still refer to myself as a cracker?

I've been called a peckerwood here in the US, I'm from Slovenija so I didn't know how to take it.

This is a horse. This is you on a high horse. Please get off your high horse.

If the Shoe fits....

Also I've known an old school African American use the n word to describe not only other African Americans bit anyone who was, in his own words, "an ignorant Fuck"

But I won't use the harsh one

Call CPA to check on the kids.

Here's your answer ts. You have at a minimum a moral obligation to call child protective services if you suspect abuse/neglect. I'm not certain, but you may have a legal obligation as well.

Caucasian-American from now on please

Remember when black people said it was ok for them to call each other the n word?

IS it OK if I do that If I'mwhite? Can I say "what up cracker?" to my buddy in public? Thats our word.

Back