• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Wrestling

Hey does Italy have any Medalists who are actual Italians? Like born in Italy, developed in Italy, and train in Italy. Vs say..

Someone with Italian citizenship, not born there, not developed there, and that trains in the US.

Just curious

Currently, Italy has a senior beach wrestling world champion. Her name is Francesca Indelicato. Two pure italians successful wrestlers of the past are Andrea Minguzzi and Vincenzo Maenza in greco roman.

Wrestling Is a small sport in Italy especially Freestyle but two italian ufc (and one Bellator) fighters have spoken about wrestling like the best base for mma so there are many Freestyle wrestling classes under mixed academy beside the "traditional" gyms and a better number of athletes.

Currently, Italy has a senior beach wrestling world champion. Her name is Francesca Indelicato. Two pure italians successful wrestlers of the past are Andrea Minguzzi and Vincenzo Maenza in greco roman.

Wrestling Is a small sport in Italy especially Freestyle but two italian ufc (and one Bellator) fighters have spoken about wrestling like the best base for mma so there are many Freestyle wrestling classes under mixed academy beside the "traditional" gyms and a better number of athletes.
So none in freestyle?

Anybody think Bo has a shit of taking out Snyder?

I think stylistically it's not a bad matchup for Bo

Ok but how did you feel before NLWC signed Snyder lol

No different honestly. I think Cox can give Snyder a hell of a match but after that, there is a clear next tier. That tier might just be Bo by himself but he's not quite at that level.

I hope David Taylor will make it to the olympics!

Weird news: Ilyas Bekbulatov has transferred to Uzbekistan to compete at 65kg. So, presuming he beats Navruzov (very likely), he will finally make it to the worlds or olympics? lol

I don't think he wins the worlds, olympics or even the Russian nationals. His best days are behind him. Still very fun to watch though.

I've posed this question a few times but does anyone know if Provisor is still with NLWC? I think he's the perfect partner to add to Snyder's game.

He's long but he doesn't have the biggest shoulders. I don't think he's built for 97kg.
Word is that Bo and DT are neck and neck in the room. If he's that skilled he can probably eventually get to #2 - #1 domestically, but there's a lot of tough, big 97s internationally.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back