• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Wrestling

Downey has actually already signed a pro fight contract with Cerrone' s promotion a couple years back. The fight fell through but at least we know he's up for it. He does seem Re dedicated to wrestling though.

Had no idea. Thanks for the info. I hope he fully commits soon. It won’t hurt team USA much, and his personality is perfect for MMA brand building.

Does anyone know if the Imar vs. Kamal Bey event even happened? I can’t find results or videos anywhere. I thought it was supposed to take place yesterday evening.

Does anyone know if the Imar vs. Kamal Bey event even happened? I can’t find results or videos anywhere. I thought it was supposed to take place yesterday evening.
I was there. It was fun. Both said F-it and went for stuff. IMAR actually won the Greco period but Bey got cheated out of 2 points. Freestyle both let it fly. Final was 16-12

I was there. It was fun. Both said F-it and went for stuff. IMAR actually won the Greco period but Bey got cheated out of 2 points. Freestyle both let it fly. Final was 16-12

Sounds like it was exciting. Hopefully a video emerges somewhere. Events like these are so good for the sport. I bet the crowd was electric?

This is a pretty good article covering similar to what you state:

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/how-o...-jitsu-to-bring-the-ultimate-army-to-f2w-120/

Yep, and BJJ like the article stated, is rolling over into folkstyle as well. There have been many kids who've nerded out on Masakazu Imanari and have added the Imanari Roll into their wrestling. Mike Mal even did a breakdown on it showing some kid hitting a fake straight into a successful Imanari Roll single leg. Really cool stuff.

One of our guys, Zakuev got beat and eliminated by a Canadian guy - who easily got tech-falled by a Turk..

time to dis-own Zakuev

Kerk got absolutely walked over. I do however imagine he’ll be much like Steveson - his growth curve will be incredibly sharp and within a 12-18 months he will be a completely different wrestler.

Bo will win gold tomorrow. If he didn’t have the bad luck of being in the same weight class as Jden and Taylor he would already have a world medal.

Kerk got absolutely walked over. I do however imagine he’ll be much like Steveson - his growth curve will be incredibly sharp and within a 12-18 months he will be a completely different wrestler.

Bo will win gold tomorrow. If he didn’t have the bad luck of being in the same weight class as Jden and Taylor he would already have a world medal.

We have so much depth from 74 to 97. I can't see us not medaling at any of those weights in the foreseeable future.

We have so much depth from 74 to 97. I can't see us not medaling at any of those weights in the foreseeable future.
I'm curious, what do you consider deep? 2 guys at each weight? 3? I wouldn't call us deep unless we had 3 guys at the weight who can medal. I'm not necessarily disagreeing w u so much as I'm talking it out.
74kg - JB, Dake, maybe green on a good day, Dieringer probably wouldn't wanna go back down. 74 definitely deep.

86 - DT, Bo, Cox, Dake could medal at 86. We'll see if Dieringers power holds up. 86 def deep.

97 - Snyder, Cox, who else could medal here?

I'm curious, what do you consider deep? 2 guys at each weight? 3? I wouldn't call us deep unless we had 3 guys at the weight who can medal. I'm not necessarily disagreeing w u so much as I'm talking it out.
74kg - JB, Dake, maybe green on a good day, Dieringer probably wouldn't wanna go back down. 74 definitely deep.

86 - DT, Bo, Cox, Dake could medal at 86. We'll see if Dieringers power holds up. 86 def deep.

97 - Snyder, Cox, who else could medal here?

3 guys who can medal is a pretty high standard for the term “deep” imo. That said I still think we hit that criteria at 74 and 86.

Burroughs, Dake and yes I believe Imar could medal. He (Imar) has gotten very good over the last year and a half.

At 86, I’d say Bo, Cox, Taylor, and Dieringer could medal. I think Zahid might be able to as well.

Bo is a freak. He techs the Russian (ranked 6 in world by flo) in the finals.

Back