• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Wrestling

Most of the top names do these days.

Suriano is the only stud I can think of that avoids Freestyle
Marinelli, Vincenzo, Myles Martin, just off the top of my head have done little to no freestyle these last 2 years as far as I know. I know Martin just recently wrestled internationally for the 1st time in a while. Maybe the 1st ever on the senior scene. But I hear what youre saying with Yianni, Lee, Steveson, Miccic, Fix, Hall, Valencia, Lewis, Arujau, etc all doing well in freestyle.

Posting my champ predictions:

Lee
Fix
Yianni
Ashnault
Nolf
Joseph
Hall
Martin
Bo
Steveson

Micic definitely isn't 100%. He's been my pick to win but I think I'm flipping to Fix.

I’m a Rutgers grad and have lived in NJ my whole life. If Rutgers brings home 2 titles, I’m staying drunk for a week.

Man..Hidlay just came extremely close to knocking Nolf out. Two extremely close near takedowns.

I feel bad for Hidlay. I thought he had that first takedown and even Nolf thought he was taken down. Tough match

Mehki Lewis showing some of the promise he flashed when he won Junior World gold.

Hidlay just got fucked twice.
Refs basically act as gatekeepers, it seems. I wonder if they were so "careful" in matches with unranked wrestlers from non-powerhouse programs.

Psyched for Amine v. Hall and Z. Valenica v. Lewis. Love this sport!

My mom just texted me, "That bracket really imploded."

That's one way of putting it.

What was Martin doing just letting the guy go uncontested? He set himself up for that. The first time he let him go, he was almost halfway to the riding time.
<{cruzshake}>

What was Martin doing just letting the guy go uncontested? He set himself up for that. The first time he let him go, he was almost halfway to the riding time.
<{cruzshake}>
Yeah I don’t know Wtf he was thinking?

This session has been brutal.

Chance just beat Bull.

When was the last time someone not from Cornell or PSU won at 184? Was it Wright, Bosak, Ruth x2, Dean x2, Nickal x2 until now? Am I missing a year?

Edit:
2010 was Max Askren. Since then its been all PSU and Cornell.

edit 2:
I just checked themat and realized that someone else had worked this all out for me already.

Last edited:
Back