NCAA Wrestlers dont mean crap no more!

He started TKD at like the age of 7 though. Similar situation to Robbie Lawler starting TNA early in life and developing wrestling a little further down the road prior to fighting for a living.
Lawler was in TNA? Surprised he didnt get main event with samoa joe or aj styles

Youre basically proving my point

Your point was "wrestling is dead in mma" and then it was "most of the champs don't wrestle". Neither of which is being proven by the fact that Cejudo can't take Camus down.

Your point was "wrestling is dead in mma" and then it was "most of the champs don't wrestle". Neither of which is being proven by the fact that Cejudo can't take Camus down.
My point was about college wrestlers you idiot.

My point was about college wrestlers you idiot.

Do you really find it that hard to make a point without calling someone "idiot" "retarded" etc? Or are you just that mad?

There's nothing inherently special about college wrestlers as opposed to highschool wrestlers. Wrestling doesn't change between highschool and college in any way other than the fact that you'll be facing different people, and people from farther away.

Do you really find it that hard to make a point without calling someone "idiot" "retarded" etc? Or are you just that mad?

There's nothing inherently special about college wrestlers as opposed to highschool wrestlers. Wrestling doesn't change between highschool and college in any way other than the fact that you'll be facing different people, and people from farther away.
So being a 22 year old 4 time all american and 3 time ncaa champ cant beat a 17/18 year old from a good wrestling HS?

Sorry man, but thats never, ever happened hence i call you a dope

yep, everyone's finding out how to stuff the take downs and circle away from the cage, then some wrestlers gonna figure out how to counter that and wrestling will be the shit.....until its not again. that's part of the cycle of growth in mma

So being a 22 year old 4 time all american and 3 time ncaa champ cant beat a 17/18 year old from a good wrestling HS?

Sorry man, but thats never, ever happened hence i call you a dope

We're not talking about all americans. We're not even talking about ncaa champs. Are you telling me that you would bet 100% of the time on a College Freshman NCAA wrestler to beat any Highschool wrestler on the planet? If the answer is no, then you don't have a point. If the answer is yes, then maybe you've been projecting this whole time with the namecalling.

Bendo wrestled in high school and college

His main base was TKD. Either way though my point is solid af. Last half decade or so the champs have come from a fairly even mixture of the 3 main bases. Former champ wrassler Johny getting wrecked by killer striker Wonderboy changes fuck all in that bigger picture.

All the good camps have excellent wrestling coaches now, and everyone is facing awesome wrestlers everyday. Now the tide is turning again so that the fighters are neutralizing the takedowns and so you better be good at stand up, or your f*%ked.......

Some straight up fucktardism going on in this thread.

You're too stupid to know what you saw. ST used his reach to keep dis engaged until he had a opening. He lulled JH in and blitzed him and it worked out. If you knew squat you'd know you don't defend a takedown with one arm out, that's how you break one. ST fought the smart fight and won. But hey, chin up, you might figure out what you're watching some day.

For years, footwork and mobility training were among the few skill sets that were nelected as the sport evolved. When wrestling became so influential, camps focused on wrestling as the principal defense and often ignored the former.

Now we are witnessing how effective years of footwork and mobility training, along with wrestling, can be when used against all those brawlers and grapplers who nelected those skills.

We actually get 3 NCAA champs competing today.

Caldwell, Jenkins, and Gregor (ROC).

It could be a rough night for the group too as Jenkins is an underdog and Gregor has a real tough test at hand too. Either way its pretty cool as a fan of wrestling to get 3 national champs all fighting on the same day something that i'm pretty sure has never happened before.

Back