NBA Great Kobe Bryant: Rousey's KO was a beautiful thing

Come on dude. After MJ, their prolly isn't even a clear #2. Kobe is top 15th, as in #15 at the worst. Judging greats in basketball is a whole lot more complex than judging greats in the UFC and MMA.

Kobe is arguably top 3 player in this generation, along with Duncan and Lebron.

He's been around longer than the UFC itself; it just shows you his longevity.
MJ is a clear no. 1? Off the top of your head name the NBA player who over the course of 5 years averaged a triple double.

Why would he compare himself to someone who has a relative skill level of someone at a YMCA pick up game?

MJ is a clear no. 1? Off the top of your head name the NBA player who over the course of 5 years averaged a triple double.

I lied, MJ isn't a clear number 1 - no one is - but he is on most lists, and for good reason too.

Oscar Robertson was a great player and had one of the best individual accolades ever. But MJ is a 6 time NBA champ, has 6 finals MVPs and never once lost in the finals. His team holds the 72 season wins record (which is in jeopardy this year lol) and his team holds the 33 game win streak.

He's number one in my opinion.

I literally hate that phrase: "it's a beautiful thing."

And it usually comes from these "fake humble" type of athletes. I'm not saying that the following athletes have said it, but it feels like something like a Ray Lewis would say, something that a Draymond Green would say, or a Richard Sherman.

Just these empty, nebulous phrases that they came up with to sound pseudo-intellectual, but literally means nothing, and is almost contradictory.

They should stick to what they're good at in life. Playing with balls. Articulating their thoughts may prove all too challenging.
Based on his quote and this post, I would count him as the more intelligent guy. You are a sad sack who thinks your postings on the internet qualify you for anything. You 'literally hate' a phrase?!

Okay, so not only is he way better at basketball than you'll ever be at anything, he's also smarter and more well-spoken. How's that feel?

Good day

doesnt matter.. hes not qualified to give any kind of advice after something like that...

I think he's qualified to give her advice by virtue of the FACT that he's VASTLY superior to her in literally every aspect of life as we know it. She should pay him heavily for his advice if anything.

He spent his high school years, verybformative years, in Philadelphia. I'm sure that's where he picked a lot of speech patterns and terminology.

Kobe has never pretended to be ghetto raised and often showcases his ability to speak multiple languages. You're just hating on the guy.
You don't form your speech patterns in high school unless you're purposefully adjusting them. People's ability to learn language happens very early in life. That's why he spoke Italian. Kobe's phrasing, for years, when not mimicking Michael Jordan's, has consisted of purposeful bad grammar and other empty statements, which has nothing at all to do with his upbringing. Nothing. He adapted it deliberately.

Never change sherdog
I've been a member and moderator of NBA forums for over 10 years, and I've read multiple books by Phil Jackson that deal with this topic. I've schooled diehard NBA fans on the subject of Kobe many times.

lol @ taking anything this lying sociopath says seriously

“He and I couldn’t be any more opposite personalities, you know what I mean?” Bryant said of the Yankees captain, who walked away from baseball last year. “It’s fun just hearing his perspective and what he went through, what triggered the decision for him to step away from the game. I don’t know what that’s going to be for me, but we’ll see.”

No matter his decision, there’s no reason to make it now: Kobe already knows he has zero interest in a Jeter-esque farewell tour.

“We’re completely different people,” Bryant said with a grin. “I couldn’t do that.”

You don't form your speech patterns in high school unless you're purposefully adjusting them. People's ability to learn language happens very early in life. That's why he spoke Italian. Kobe's phrasing, for years, when not mimicking Michael Jordan's, has consisted of purposeful bad grammar and other empty statements, which has nothing at all to do with his upbringing. Nothing. He adapted it deliberately.

Do you have any clips of Kobe speaking like he was "ghetto raised"? Because as I think about it Kobe has always been articulate, straight forward, and doesn't use slang or bad grammer. So this is a completely empty charge.

He modifies how he speaks based of the crowd he's in? Welcome to fuckin life.

Maybe he should've spoken Italian in high school.

I've been a member and moderator of NBA forums for over 10 years, and I've read multiple books by Phil Jackson that deal with this topic. I've schooled diehard NBA fans on the subject of Kobe many times.

Holy shit. You're from my old boards. Wtf.

Get minstrel and Paulo in here.

Can`t disagree tho...
ea3a1b62ca835f8bc1a6ee98a6f07a80250f523a3e0af61c57c3315536276de3.gif

MMA is not basketball. Once you get KTFO, you don't come back stronger. It's quite the opposite based on past histories with fighters getting KTFO.

MMA is not basketball. Once you get KTFO, you don't come back stronger. It's quite the opposite based on past histories with fighters getting KTFO.

Plenty of examples of fighters rebounding well from getting knocked out.

Back