NBA Great Kobe Bryant: Rousey's KO was a beautiful thing

doesnt matter.. hes not qualified to give any kind of advice after something like that...

it reminds me of the time anderson silva got knocked out by weidman backstage and the ufc brought back USHER to give him some advice LMFAO
Usher and Anderson are good friends. What is the problem?

lol. you're ignoring that kobe is from an african american family, spent significant time growing up in the u.s. went to hs in philly. lol at situations the same. lol at kobe adopting a ghetto accent. are you serious?
Your race does not dictate how you speak. So "lol Kobe is from an African-American family" is a flat-out foolish thing for you to say.

I know a lot of European people who go to school in America, including high school and still keep their accent and ways of expressing themselves. In fact, I've never seen a European person adopt a fake ghetto accent (aside from a random phrase or two) from having attended high school in the US. So it only happens through artifice.

Kobe Bryant-Most overrated athlete ever not named Derek Jeter or Joe Namath
83757-Kobe-OH-shocked-OUCH-gif-oLJV.gif

I literally hate that phrase: "it's a beautiful thing."

And it usually comes from these "fake humble" type of athletes. I'm not saying that the following athletes have said it, but it feels like something like a Ray Lewis would say, something that a Draymond Green would say, or a Richard Sherman.

Just these empty, nebulous phrases that they came up with to sound pseudo-intellectual, but literally means nothing, and is almost contradictory.

They should stick to what they're good at in life. Playing with balls. Articulating their thoughts may prove all too challenging.

One phrase that's getting used in MMA like crazy these days by fighters that drives me up the wall is, "bat the end of the day...". Every interview I see, it's practically every fighter using that phrase. WHAAAT?!

Your race does not dictate how you speak. So "lol Kobe is from an African-American family" is a flat-out foolish thing for you to say.

I know a lot of European people who go to school in America, including high school and still keep their accent and ways of expressing themselves. In fact, I've never seen a European person adopt a fake ghetto accent (aside from a random phrase or two) from having attended high school in the US. So it only happens through artifice.

sorry, you're just coming off as a hater. seriously. race doesn't dictate how you speak. culture does. and your race impacts the culture you associate yourself with. it's frankly laughable to suggest being black has no impact. being african american, spending time in the us, going to school in philly. it's laughable to suggest that its simply fake to speak similar to the others you are surrounded by. kobe isn't a euro white kid. and again, it's laughable to suggest kobe speaks "ghetto". you're judgement is impaired from your years of arguing against kobe and kobe fans. he's a black guy who spent years here, parents were black from philly. you think it's odd he's not just like any other euro???? you can't be serious. honestly.

but rousey hasn't come back. we're not even sure if she's ever going to fight again. nice sentiment from kobe, but wrong person to direct it to.

sorry, you're just coming off as a hater. seriously. race doesn't dictate how you speak. culture does. and your race impacts the culture you associate yourself with. it's frankly laughable to suggest being black has no impact. being african american, spending time in the us, going to school in philly. it's laughable to suggest that its simply fake to speak similar to the others you are surrounded by. kobe isn't a euro white kid. and again, it's laughable to suggest kobe speaks "ghetto". you're judgement is impaired from your years of arguing against kobe and kobe fans. he's a black guy who spent years here, parents were black from philly. you think it's odd he's not just like any other euro???? you can't be serious. honestly.
A hater dislikes someone for invalid reasons. The invalid reasons I see are coming from you. Your argument that he's black therefore apparently he should have ghetto speak betrayed ignorance and now you're trying to backpedal. The President is black, has spent a lot of time in the US, and he doesn't speak with ghetto mispronunciation. But by your logic apparently he should. Good stuff.

A hater dislikes someone for invalid reasons. The invalid reasons I see are coming from you. Your argument that he's black therefore apparently he should have ghetto speak betrayed ignorance and now you're trying to backpedal. The President is black, has spent a lot of time in the US, and he doesn't speak with ghetto mispronunciation. But by your logic apparently he should. Good stuff.

lol at kobe and ghetto mispronunciation. c'mon. he's a basketball player. he's surrounded by other basketball players. kobe, like the rest of us, speak differently depending on the situation. i don't speak the same in a meeting as i do at home or with friends. if kobe was the president he would speak like the president. people dont fistbump and say bro in the office. they do outside the office. are they fake? kobe plays baskeball for a living. he doesn't need to speak any certain way. he never sounds "ghetto". again, you're logic is he should just speak like a euro. even though his background is completely different. you expect kobe to speak like he's president. can't comprehend how circumstances and background lead to being different.

lol at kobe and ghetto mispronunciation. c'mon. he's a basketball player. he's surrounded by other basketball players. kobe, like the rest of us, speak differently depending on the situation. i don't speak the same in a meeting as i do at home or with friends. if kobe was the president he would speak like the president. people dont fistbump and say bro in the office. they do outside the office. are they fake? kobe plays baskeball for a living. he doesn't need to speak any certain way. he never sounds "ghetto". again, you're logic is he should just speak like a euro. even though his background is completely different. you expect kobe to speak like he's president. can't comprehend how circumstances and background lead to being different.
Barack Obama sounds the same way he did 27 years before he became President. Look up his "Black History Minute" from 1991. Obama does, however, fistbump. But he does not alter his entire way of expressing himself. He speaks the way he's always spoken. So you're 0-for-2.

Secondly, Tim Duncan is a basketball player. He's surrounded by other basketball players and has been for 20+ years. He sounds like a freshman math major from an ivy league school and always has.

You might want to go back to the drawing board and come up with another excuse for Kobe. Because this one about black people or basketball players being expected to sound ignorant isn't a good one for you.

Barack Obama sounds the same way he did 27 years before he became President. Look up his "Black History Minute" from 1991. Obama does, however, fistbump. But he does not alter his entire way of expressing himself. He speaks the way he's always spoken. So you're 0-for-2.

Secondly, Tim Duncan is a basketball player. He's surrounded by other basketball players and has been for 20+ years. He sounds like a freshman math major from an ivy league school and always has.

You might want to go back to the drawing board and come up with another excuse for Kobe. Because this one about black people or basketball players being expected to sound ignorant isn't a good one for you.

you're the one attributing it to sounding ignorant, instead of actually knowing it's not ignorance at all.

Lol. Some black guys don't use slang. Therefore those who do are fake!!!!

Lol at excuse for Kobe. I didn't know he needed excuses for how he speaks. It's clearly deeply affected him. All those opportunities he missed. You're inventing reasons to reconfirm your hate.

Back