NBA Great Kobe Bryant: Rousey's KO was a beautiful thing

Do you have any clips of Kobe speaking like he was "ghetto raised"? Because as I think about it Kobe has always been articulate, straight forward, and doesn't use slang or bad grammer. So this is a completely empty charge.
That's completely false and you obviously know little-to-nothing about Kobe.

"I know you ain't talkin'! I know you ain't talkin'!"

"Merry Christmas brutha! Merry Christmas brutha! ... My man come on now, I'm too old for dat." (yes, he says "dat")

Listen to any of his wired's..."I woulda got that a few years ago!" He pretends to be ghetto on the court, and affects the pseudo-intelligent comments like "it's a beautiful thing" in his interviews. He always did this.

He modifies how he speaks based of the crowd he's in? Welcome to fuckin life.

Maybe he should've spoken Italian in high school.
Kobe modifies his speech beyond what a normal person does. If it was not, I wouldn't point it out. Welcome to basic human communication.

Like I've said, I know a lot about Kobe and this topic. You might want to think twice before getting into it with me.

Basketballforum.com?

Or old hoopsboards
Basketballforum, RealGM, InsideHoops, NBA-Live...I post on a lot of basketball boards and have for a long time. Like I said, I've moderated them too, and argue all kinds of stuff about basketball.

Basketballforum, RealGM, InsideHoops, NBA-Live...I post on a lot of basketball boards and have for a long time. Like I said, I've moderated them too, and argue all kinds of stuff about basketball.

Yeah. I go way back on those boards. look me up if you don't remember.

Kobe modifies his speech beyond what a normal person does. If it was not, I wouldn't point it out. Welcome to basic human communication.

Like I've said, I know a lot about Kobe and this topic. You might want to think twice before getting into it with me.

A normal person doesn't switch between corporate America and an nba locker room. between international and groups of inner city. You hear how some of the euro guys talk? To me it's a silly criticism.

Why do people like celebs or fighters stick up for her? Cuz fighters always lose except floyd or rocky. They know the real adversity of bouncing back from a devastating loss in the public eye.

Most sherdoggers act like they can fight or would be able to handle it better. Most of you guys cry and bitch when your favorite fighter loses. Plus you guys have as many excuses as any fighters.

Wait, I realize something.....rousey is YOU SHERDOG! I understand.

Actually it more likely because they want more social media followers. If Ronda fans see Kobe tweeting positive things about her they may follow him. Which means more money for him. Social media is just one giant celebrity circle jerk.

A normal person doesn't switch between corporate America and an nba locker room. between international and groups of inner city. You hear how some of the euro guys talk? To me it's a silly criticism.
The Euro guys, and other guys like Steve Nash (who is of course not European), don't pick up multiple forms of English. Likewise, Larry Bird would talk trash in his normal Indiana way of speaking.

Yeah. I go way back on those boards. look me up if you don't remember.
Your name sounds familiar. Basketball and MMA are pretty much the only sports I follow. I don't watch basketball as much lately.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Kobe, which of course makes sense since this is an MMA board...Kobe is a Freudian case...he was raised in Italy and from a wealthy family but pretends to be a ghetto-raised American athlete, so his speech patterns are all taken from a combination of what he heard from his teammates and on rap videos and what he copied from Michael Jordan interviews. So while he is intelligent, he says things that an ignorant pseudo-intelligent athlete would say.

Yes, he is a bizarre individual.

Lmaoo Wealthy? Really? You may want to go back and check what NBA players were getting played in the 70's, especially one's that was just a role player, that had to go overseas to make some money.

All this shows me is to ignore your comments, because you yourself are going out of your way to exaggerate things.

Lmaoo Wealthy? Really? You may want to go back and check what NBA players were getting played in the 70's, especially one's that was just a role player, that had to go overseas to make some money.

All this shows me is to ignore your comments, because you yourself are doing out of your way to exaggerate things.
Oh really? So his family was making the same money and putting him in the same social environment (in Italy) as the inner-city kids he was trying to imitate? :D

Oh really? So his family was making the same money and putting him in the same social environment (in Italy) as the inner-city kids he was trying to imitate? :D

Stick to the topic I called you out on, You called his family wealthy, They were not.

Stick to the topic I called you out on, You called his family wealthy, They were not.
This is the topic. Wealth is relative. I can tell you don't want to discuss whether or not Kobe's family income or social environment was related to the patois he tried to adopt. Nice try though. I'm familiar with Kobe-fans trying to lash out emotionally with terrible arguments at people who question him. It doesn't work against me. :D

That's completely false and you obviously know little-to-nothing about Kobe.

"I know you ain't talkin'! I know you ain't talkin'!"

"Merry Christmas brutha! Merry Christmas brutha! ... My man come on now, I'm too old for dat." (yes, he says "dat")

Listen to any of his wired's..."I woulda got that a few years ago!" He pretends to be ghetto on the court, and affects the pseudo-intelligent comments like "it's a beautiful thing" in his interviews. He always did this.

Speaking "ghetto"? That's insulting as shit to start with. "Merry Christmas brotha" is somehow "ghetto" speak? "Its a beautiful thing" is somehow supposed to be a pseudo intellectual comment, and not the actual very simple thing that it is? Ironically, you are the one sounding like a pseudo intellectual trying to over analyze the man's statements.
Kobe has lived in LA for many years now. It is very common for people to adjust their speech patterns to their surroundings, especially when race/culture are involved. Obama does a similar thing. It's very natural. I was born and raised in Japan, but did high school and university in the USA. (Im also black and japanese) The way I speak to my cousins in Inglewood, California and the way I speak to friends in Tokyo , or even my white friends from University isn't the exact same. There's nothing fake about it. There are studies on it. Humans are natural voice mimickers.
You don't know nearly as much as you claim.

This is the topic. Wealth is relative. I can tell you don't want to discuss whether or not Kobe's family income or social environment was related to the patois he tried to adopt. Nice try though. I'm familiar with Kobe-fans trying to lash out emotionally with terrible arguments at people who question him. It doesn't work against me. :D

Im not trying shit against you, you are just exposing your self for some dumb supposed battle you keep proudly repeating, of years of going to battle with "Kobe-fans". And you were not speaking of wealth in terms of it being relative to anything. You flat out said he was raised in a wealthy family.

Speaking "ghetto"? That's insulting as shit to start with. "Merry Christmas brotha" is somehow "ghetto" speak? "Its a beautiful thing" is somehow supposed to be a pseudo intellectual comment, and not the actual very simple thing that it is? Ironically, you are the one sounding like a pseudo intellectual trying to over analyze the man's statements.

Exactly, this could be the case about Kobe... but he's using horrible examples.

lol @ Kobe not being one of the greats.

Old asf and still puttin up decent numbers this season.

lol @ How cocky Kobe is... compares his achilles injury to adversity that Rousey/Ali faced. Not that being injured doesn't require adversity (quite the opposite)... but to compare the falling of greats to himself and a fluke injury lol

Wait a sec, so Kobe shouldn't compare himself to "falling greats" like Rousey? Yeah, average-Joe Kobe Bryant shouldn't compare himself to once-ever athlete Ronda Rousey.

Kobe has been a famous athlete for 20+ years with 5 NBA titles and 18 All-Star selections. Also has some gold medals. Am I missing something or did you just troll the shit out of me?

"The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up...
except Ronda Rousy, she's a fat ass pig." -Fedor Emelianenko

Kobe has lived in LA for many years now. It is very common for people to adjust their speech patterns to their surroundings, especially when race/culture are involved. Obama does a similar thing. It's very natural. I was born and raised in Japan, but did high school and university in the USA. (Im also black and japanese) The way I speak to my cousins in Inglewood, California and the way I speak to friends in Tokyo , or even my white friends from University isn't the exact same. There's nothing fake about it. There are studies on it. Humans are natural voice mimickers.
You don't know nearly as much as you claim.
1. I've read multiple books that deal with the Lakers and Kobe.
2. I've lived in LA and I know how people speak there and in Southern California.
3. What he does is nothing like what normal people do. He adopted a persona very early on, mixing ghetto-talk (note, this isn't race-aligned so if it offends you you're just showing your own ignorance) with copying Michael Jordan's mannerisms and interviews. This all goes way beyond normal human social adaptation.

Im not trying shit against you, you are just exposing your self for some dumb supposed battle you keep proudly repeating, of years of going to battle with "Kobe-fans". And you were not speaking of wealth in terms of it being relative to anything. You flat out said he was raised in a wealthy family.
Wealthy by definition is relative. It defines a section of a comparative spectrum. It means, literally, having a great deal of money or assets. It's the same thing as being tall, short, smart, or any other quality. I know language can be difficult, since a lack of identification of micro-expressions and language subtext is very common in Kobe fans, which is why he had many more fans overseas who couldn't recognize the phoniness of his persona.

If you think I'm "dumb," I'd be happy to engage with you on these fundamental concepts. But I don't find you particularly threatening, given the arguments you've already attempted. lol.

Back