• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social NBA Coach, "White people need to be made uncomfortable"

Do white people need to be made uncomfortable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is all minorities (hint: it isn't), then that would equate to majority privilege. Unless there is a special reason why it is not a universal concept and is specific to white people only in the context of the world.
I thought it was obvious that we are talking about America. Of course it isn't inherently a white thing everywhere. There is no white privilege in China, for example. We are talking about in America, given our history and demographics.

I thought it was obvious that we are talking about America. Of course it isn't inherently a white thing everywhere. There is no white privilege in China, for example. We are talking about in America, given our history and demographics.

No, I mean that there is no reason why the concept wouldn't equate to majority privilege. As in, the same concept applies universally, so in China the majority would have a privilege, in South Korea the majority would have a privilege.

If that is the phenomenon, then calling it white privilege makes no sense.

Go to China as a white male, you're God to them. It definitely exists in China but China is also openly racist.

See, you're conflating other privileges and variables with white privilege. If you say Asians are more successful as a group there must be no white privilege, and that just isn't true. Skin color obviously isn't the only variable to one's success and it isn't the most important either. But it is a factor and that is the only point. And depending on your race and the circumstances it can be a huge handicap.

No one is saying being white guarantees success and being nonwhite guarantees failure. Bad logic on your part.

And it's like you're purposefully ignoring that we are a generation or two (depending on age) from a period in time where blacks literally didn't have the same rights and one more generation from them being owned as property. So aside from facing racism today, you have those facts as well.

1. I'm not the one conflating it. When I ask people to define white privilege they respond by showing how much better whites perform by certain metrics than blacks. But it's only half the story, because whites themselves are outperformed by those same metrics by other ethnic groups. You really believe that whites have a racist system in place that allows other ethnic groups to outperform them in terms of education and wealth and life expectancy?

What privilege do white Americans possess that Japanese-Americans or Jewish Americans or Indian Americans do not possess?

2. Blacks are more than three generations removed from slavery. You seem unclear on that.

No, I mean that there is no reason why the concept wouldn't equate to majority privilege. As in, the same concept applies universally, so in China the majority would have a privilege, in South Korea the majority would have a privilege.

If that is the phenomenon, then calling it white privilege makes no sense.
Ok fine. I don't want to argue over terminology. But also, since America has a black eye (slavery) white seems more appropriate, but I take your point.

Firstly, you're a fuckin moron. Secondly, I make more money than you. Third, address the real fucking issues within urban communities and stop blaming whitey for all of your failures. You are not a victim!

every time people address the real issues with urban communities you dumb fucks come in crying about everything because your minimum wage job might be at risk if someone of equal intelligence (i.e pretty much every underprivileged teenager of color who could do your job) was also given equal opportunity.

no, i'm not a victim. i'm a 27 year old white male. my life is fine. I make money travelling through photography and a business that I run from my laptop. feel free to take a look at my life: Instagram.com/mikeplowright. i'm open with who I am. and i'm also completely able to acknowledge that the opportunities I have been given are not at all the same that less fortunate people have been given. it's too bad you're too much of a pussy to do the same lmao

you really don't understand how the issues that, say, a 20 year old black male who you say can't "help himself" faces all stem from the issues he faced as, say, a 10 year old?? they can't help themselves because they didn't get help when YOU did. you didn't make all these smart decisions as a child to propel yourself into a better life, your life was SET UP FOR YOU to be successful. your "hard work" supplemented the foundation you had that others don't. the point is to help others get the same or similar foundation so they can also be set up for success. shut the fuck up with all this "i worked HARRRDRDDD"

So how do you get shit parents to be good parents? Or more specifically to address this, how do privileged white people HELP shit parents be good parents?

White people can be shit parents too... their kids often end up suffering the fate of said shitty parenting.

1. I'm not the one conflating it. When I ask people to define white privilege they respond by showing how much better whites perform by certain metrics than blacks. But it's only half the story, because whites themselves are outperformed by those same metrics by other ethnic groups. You really believe that whites have a racist system in place that allows other ethnic groups to outperform them in terms of education and wealth and life expectancy?

What privilege do white Americans possess that Japanese-Americans or Jewish Americans or Indian Americans do not possess?

2. Blacks are more than three generations removed from slavery. You seem unclear on that.

That is always how the conversations go in my experience as well.

Either the goal posts are constantly shifted in attempt to pin down white people for something, or the minority groups that exceed white people have 'worked harder despite being oppressed by the white privilege system'

I get none of this. NONE. ZERO. People are more rude to me, generally, b3cause I am white. My partner for trial skills, a weirdo, has a 150k eeoc suit going because he was fired.. He banged a lot of girls in the office, and missed class all the time, but you know, he gets fired and it's (lol) racism. THAT is the only work related priveledge I have actually ever seen. Ever. The women who run offices bend over backwards to be nice to black people. Me? Never.

This bullshit needs to stop. The perpetuated delusion meant to hide reality, that people in Asia think is insane, is in fact, perpetuated delusion meant to hide reality. Make laws against racism in all forms, and enforce them. That's it. The rest of the b.s. is a lie.

So how do you get shit parents to be good parents? Or more specifically to address this, how do privileged white people HELP shit parents be good parents?

White people can be shit parents too... their kids often end up suffering the fate of said shitty parenting.

you do understand that social programs exist to help kids with shit parents, and that less of these social programs exist in areas of poverty, right? like, this is 101 type shit. this isn't a discussion that you should be in if you are asking these questions. just shut the fuck up and let smarter people handle it.

Ok, but I didn't provide metrics so I don't know why your brought it up. Strawman city. You also continue to conflate issues. I'll try again, white privilege is not the only thing that matters and it's not the most important. So bringing up education and professional success of minorities does not show that whites don't have an advantage.

There are elements of the system that are at best misguided, at worse racist. It's definitely regionally dependent though. And we certainly had a racist system in our past, wouldn't you say?

1865 is when it ended. Great argument. Almost as good as the strawman you just pulled.

The kids in Detroit neighborhoods have parents whontalm worse, and on average act worse. Not all, but more, that's whybthe schools suck. Taken The teachers from the best school in the state, put them there, and after 10 years it will suck just like before. FACTSSSSSSS.

I get none of this. NONE. ZERO. People are more rude to me, generally, b3cause I am white. My partner for trial skills, a weirdo, has a 150k eeoc suit going because he was fired.. He banged a lot of girls in the office, and missed class all the time, but you know, he gets fired and it's (lol) racism. THAT is the only work related priveledge I have actually ever seen. Ever. The women who run offices bend over backwards to be nice to black people. Me? Never.

This bullshit needs to stop. The perpetuated delusion meant to hide reality, that people in Asia think is insane, is in fact, perpetuated delusion meant to hide reality. Make laws against racism in all forms, and enforce them. That's it. The rest of the b.s. is a lie.

Hhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhaah holy fuck shut up

you do understand that social programs exist to help kids with shit parents, and that less of these social programs exist in areas of poverty, right? like, this is 101 type shit. this isn't a discussion that you should be in if you are asking these questions. just shut the fuck up and let smarter people handle it.

So whats your solution then ?

There is no law that treats blacks and whites differently.

However, the differences I'm talking about are more to do with this...

Europe:

6564644.jpg

Africa:

54353534.jpg

Blacks cant learn trades now?

So whats your solution then ?

to that specific issue?
redirect funding properly seems pretty fucking obvious, don't you think? of course, you do that, and people like every racist fuck ITT starts protesting that they don't their already privileged kids losing any more of their privileges to those drug dealing, ghetto thugs because they just can't help themselves (or whatever other excuses people made in these threads) hence why people are standing up for those communities and against the pissed off mobilized racists

Last edited:
every time people address the real issues with urban communities you dumb fucks come in crying about everything because your minimum wage job might be at risk if someone of equal intelligence (i.e pretty much every underprivileged teenager of color who could do your job) was also given equal opportunity.

no, i'm not a victim. i'm a 27 year old white male. my life is fine. I make money travelling through photography and a business that I run from my laptop. feel free to take a look at my life: Instagram.com/mikeplowright. i'm open with who I am. and i'm also completely able to acknowledge that the opportunities I have been given are not at all the same that less fortunate people have been given. it's too bad you're too much of a pussy to do the same lmao
Found the self hating pussy. Maybe you should give up your business. You didn't really earn that.

Look, another self loathing douche trying to cause division. There are tons of poor white people with zero fuckin social power.

Black people need to be made uncomfortable about their stance towards LGBT rights and women.

This fuckin guy is lecturing Bill Maher on tolerance:

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Ice Cube addressed the misogyny in N.W.A.’s lyrics.

As one of the magazine’s cover stars, the rapper opened up to Rolling Stone about the hip-hop group and dismissed the way their lyrics depicted women by differentiating between a “bitch” and an “upstanding lady.”

If you’re a bitch, you’re probably not going to like us. If you’re a ho, you probably don’t like us. If you’re not a ho or a bitch, don’t be jumping to the defense of these despicable females. Just like I shouldn’t be jumping to the defense of no punks or no cowards or no slimy son of a bitches that’s men. I never understood why an upstanding lady would even think we’re talking about her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...yny-in-nwa-lyrics_us_55ce1c35e4b055a6dab03267
This is like the South Park episode about Harley riders.

Cool. Ok, lets address this.

So what is the thesis here?

"Systemic racism perpetuated by white people whether knowingly or unknowingly is the primary factor behind the the continued oppression of minorities"

Is that it?

However the stats would show that if this is true, white people happen to be selectively racist. For some reason, all sorts of immigrants who come here and work hard, have strong families, ethics, discipline, etc... well, they still kick ass. White people's racism ceases to exist in these instances, almost as if they aren't racist at all or no more so than anyone else.

That's what everyone is saying here... white people are terribly racist, unless you're Asian, then you have no problems with cops, get into great colleges, have excellent careers and live in thriving communities.

Or... maybe all those blaming some invisible boogie man for their woe's should take some responsibility for themselves, at this point if you're looking for someone to blame all that's needed is to gather your family together and take a picture.

Do better ya fuckin' bums.

it can be both

there is systematic institutionalised forces, but people also have to take ownership as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back