• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social NBA Coach, "White people need to be made uncomfortable"

Do white people need to be made uncomfortable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I not sure you are understanding what I'm saying.

You asserted that because there is debate about something that means it's real this is not the case take the debate about god as an example.

I'm not trying to disprove your point I'm just pointing out your argument is flawed.

I understand PERFECTLY what you are saying but I can tell that you still do not understand what I'M saying. What I am saying is that white privilege is real because it has been a heated topic of debate and the reason it is a heated topic of debate is because there people who have felt the effects and continue to feel the effects of white supremacy and what it does.

NOW, if I had said that God is real for the fact that we are debating about it THEN you would have had an argument. In other words, your assertion is mixing apples and oranges. I personally would never say that something non verifiable (existence of god, aliens, ghosts, telekinesis, life after death, etc.) is real just because it's a topic of debate. I would only say something is real as a topic of debate as long as that which is debated (is Tom Brady the best to have ever done it, is Jon Jones a low life or not, does white supremacy exist or not) is real and verifiable and there are people who have actual experiences with what we are debating. So there are other NFL players who have experienced Tom Brady's greatness. There is D.C. and that pregnant lady who has experienced Bone's destructive behavior and there are non white people who have experienced the sting and hurt of white supremacy.

My apologies for the long post, I felt the need to go into the above explanation to make sure what I have been saying is now clear and why I disagree with the argument you came with. I thought you knew where I was coming from from the beginning but I don't think that was the case.

Last edited:
That is still not what white privilege is. You don't get it from working hard. White privilege exist in the US simply because the US it is a majority white country. If you went to a majority black county there would be black privilege. Now, the white privilege the huge problem that SJWs make it out to be in the US, no. It however does exist and affect people of color.

We should focus less on white privilege and more on our own progress.

This is exactly my point. Make a specific criticism or complaint, not a vague dismissal.
Educate me, or accept that you're wrong.

Or answer the "so what?" question. Make me uncomfortable. Enlighten me. Express an actual opinion.
Do something rather than repeating empty talking points and then backing off when you're called out.

Come on. Where's this uncomfortable conversation of yours? Did I make you uncomfortable?

Are you kidding me???!! You said a mouthful with just that one statement alone because you know exactly what that entails. You know exactly the social, educational and financial advantages that come with your skin color. If you didn't know that then you would not have acknowledged it. You can't be serious man, come on. What person, white and non white, would not know everything that this statement says?:

I'm a white South African. I'm not about to deny that being white has worked to my advantage as a result of racist policies instituted before I was born.
So what?

I nor anyone else here have to give you any specifics about some of the things that you were able to accomplish easier than others thanks to your skin color and institutionalized racism. But I can give you specifics from MY vantage point but how will you receive it based on you not knowing me personally and not able to verify the validity of my own personal experiences and observations? The reason I have to ask this is because I have learned that even when a non white person airs out some specifics (as you are asking) many white people still like to say "Oh that's not true, I don't believe that, I've never seen anything like that, I think you're reading too much into these things, etc." Again, this is done to avoid the discomfort of sitting at the table and discuss with 100% honesty the existence of white supremacy, what it is and how it effects white people in a positive way and effects non white people in a negative way.

No, it wouldn't be. It would be the same rotten thing. That's one of the weaknesses (or sicknesses) of human beings; the drive to categorize people and mistreatment of human beings based on this categorization.

Sickness is taking it too far; I think it's clearly a part of our evolutionary biology to be suspect of outside groups as they could be, and in some cases today very much still are, threats who want to replace us.

Can focus on yourself when you're preoccupied with others. Can't keep a positive, can do attitude when you focus on being bitter and being a victim.

In other words... There is no such thing as white privilege because well...we know.

In other words... There is no such thing as white privilege because well...we know.

What I'm saying is that if we focused less on perceived injustice and more on our own progress we'd realize that this perceived injustice, even ifreal, can't hold us back anyway.

Sickness is taking it too far; I think it's clearly a part of our evolutionary biology to be suspect of outside groups as they could be, and in some cases today very much still are, threats who want to replace us.

I disagree. I think it's a sickness for two reasons:

1). Some people are just natural born psychopaths and sociopaths. You put those kinds of people in positions of power and you have a shitload of problems that you do not want to deal with.

2). Racism is an extreme form of self preservation which is something every human being strives for. But in order to truly survive it is best to do so as a group, a community, a nation. Human beings have always competed for land and resources and even the Religious Wars that we have seen in the past really have socio-economic and political motives underneath it all. We have to learn to peel back ALL of the layers to see that.

But going back to self preservation, it is all about amassing, controlling and dispensing LAND and RESOURCES. No one individual can do this. This can only be done with a huge number of people. So naturally (and unfortunately) human beings will categorize themselves and strive to be the strongest group or community or nation and create an IDEOLOGY to use as a glue to hold that group or community or nation together as one strong unified force. Thus far racial discrimination has proved to be the most ubiquitous and natural way to divide and categorize people. Whoever first cooked up the concept of racism had cooked up the most pervasive and powerful political, social, economic and religious ideology ever.

Last edited:
If you take color out of the equation and just look at it from a biological point of view, people might see things differently. Lets take the brain for example. In order for the brain to process all the external stimuli we receive throughout the course of our lives, it has to categorize and compartmentalize. Which is how stereotypes are formed. So, if the actions of a particular group have some commonality, then by default, the individual that displays some of those characteristics will be judged. This goes for all races. If the actions of the group are mostly positive, then they will be viewed in a positive light, and vice versa.

Don't lie. I didn't say that.

I did tell the truth. And here is some truth

You did say that. You said they should stop bringing up racism and work harder, as though people who work hard are immune from racism. I don't know whom you think you're fooling but from here it looks like you're fooling yourself.

You did say that.
Nope. They can be concerned about racism. But some of them need to start focusing on what they need to do as a person, to make their family and community better.

You can't always focus on being a victim and have it not affect you in a negative way.

That is only true for women and cucks. Men who quite frankly, dont spend time thinking about how they should treat black people differently actually get pretty annoyed when you tell them they are racist.

It actually creates resentment that wasn't even there. But hey, keep it up. I mean, the more we talk about race the less racist people become. Oh wait, no, I think its actually the opposite. Morgan Freeman might have been on to something.

I'm not sure what you are saying here?
White people as a whole aren't being called racist and that's not what happened during the Civil Rights Movement. The horrors of racism was forced to the attention of white people during the Civil Rights Movement, eventually leading to change.
Revealing racism where it is present is the only way to get rid of it. Sticking our heads in the sand about does nothing but further entrench racism into our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back