• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social NBA Coach, "White people need to be made uncomfortable"

Do white people need to be made uncomfortable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line, the NFL and players are sending a message of disrespect to the country we live in. So find another way to protest racism.
No they are not. They have told people exactly why they are kneeling and it has nothing to do with vets. You are choosing to infer a different meaning upon this than the one intended.
Let's face it...there would be no form of protest of racism that you would find acceptable. I have said this several times but this seems like an excellent way to protest to me. It is peaceful, and doesn't interfere with peoples lives by messing up traffic.

WHY ISN'T THE WORLD FAIRRRR!??? WHAAAAAAAAA!!

lol clown.

The ONLY solution is desire and hardwork, that's it, that's the only way a person achieves anything in life.

Now will the kid with zero advantages become the CEO of EXXON with desire and hardwork? No, you know why... BECAUSE LIFES NOT FAIR JACKASS.

But could he easily achieve something modest, move out of whatever shit hole environment he was raised in and give his children a chance to do even better than he? Absolutely.

Or you can cry and stomp your feet and teach your kids to do the same and struggle in perpetuity. Your choice.

how are you talking about other people crying when you're posting in tears that an NBA coach is talking about social injustices?

you're a pussy and you're threatened by the idea that someone less fortunate than you gets help. no ones talking about exxon, but tackling shit like this is a good start:

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/02/concentration-poverty-american-schools/471414/

Last edited:
How are you coming up with me believing that? I've never espoused that belief, I've never defended that theoretical action before, so what the fuck are you talking about?

How have you not been able to follow along?

Explain to me how a black person make good life choices isn't going to excel at life.

Who's going to hold that person back?

Nah, the comforts that apathy brings is a far more pleasurable experience -- but don't worry, we'll still fund your enterprises. So do all the kneeling or fist raising you like; we are not paying attention till tip or kick off.

phil jackson?
larry brown?
coach k?

phil jackson is a buffoon that had generational players with him

larry brown isn't even in the league

coach k is great but pop probably edges him out, he's dealing with pro players and getting their egos in check to play into his system which is tougher than handling kids that have to play in college

Nah, the comforts that apathy brings is a far more pleasurable experience -- but don't worry, we'll still fund your enterprises. So do all the kneeling or fist raising you like; we are not paying attention till tip or kick off.

Nah, you will watch the anthem as well

also,

The ONLY solution is desire and hardwork, that's it, that's the only way a person achieves anything in life.

is hilariously fucking delusional. desire and hardwork gets two people to two completely different places every single time, and fucking lmao at hard work and desire being the only way a person achieves anything. are you really denying how many handouts exist for the spoiled and privileged?

how are you talking about other people crying when you're posting in tears that an NBA coach is talking about social injustices?

you're a pussy and you're threatened by the idea that someone less fortunate than you gets help.

Lol.

"gets help"

Please detail the help. PLEASE spell out HOW people who won't help themselves, can be helped.

I'm a pussy?... For not making excuses and improving myself, day by day, year after year... shedding those around me who would hold me back, surrounding myself with those who might propel me forward. A tough, hard, road littered with the carcasses of one jack ass after another that didn't have the meddle to trudge forward.

Throw another dollar at the alcoholic that says he's hungry and shake your head as he spends it on another 40.

also,

is hilariously fucking delusional. desire and hardwork gets two people to two completely different places every single time, and fucking lmao at hard work and desire being the only way a person achieves anything. are you really denying how many handouts exist for the spoiled and privileged?

No, I'm not denying that. I already stated life isn't fair, YOU just have to accept that.

It doesn't matter that desire and hard work gets people in two different places, it only matters that both their arrows are pointing up.

No they are not. They have told people exactly why they are kneeling and it has nothing to do with vets. You are choosing to infer a different meaning upon this than the one intended.
Let's face it...there would be no form of protest of racism that you would find acceptable. I have said this several times but this seems like an excellent way to protest to me. It is peaceful, and doesn't interfere with peoples lives by messing up traffic.
I disagree. In London, the NFL players stood for the UK anthem, and kneeled for the US anthem. It's a disrespect thing.

Also ask Kaepernick, the originator of this. It's a dis at the USA. With his communist and Castro T shirts. He dislikes the USA now. That's why he went to Africa this year for July 4th. He made a video on it. It was on his Instagram or twitter.

also,

Well depends what industry you work in.

Do we have any mixed race people I need this thread? I'd really like to get their take on this whole situation.

Not just black, but minorities. And yes it does.

If it is all minorities (hint: it isn't), then that would equate to majority privilege. Unless there is a special reason why it is not a universal concept and is specific to white people only in the context of the world.

No I'm not asking you to care about my history and I will reiterate what i said. If whites and blacks started on an even playing field I would agree with you but we didn't. White privilege exists and I root for the underdog.
Shouldnt we be rooting for an even playing field, instead of one race over another?

Lol.

"gets help"

Please detail the help. PLEASE spell out HOW people who won't help themselves, can be helped.

you really don't understand how the issues that, say, a 20 year old black male who you say can't "help himself" faces all stem from the issues he faced as, say, a 10 year old?? they can't help themselves because they didn't get help when YOU did. you didn't make all these smart decisions as a child to propel yourself into a better life, your life was SET UP FOR YOU to be successful. your "hard work" supplemented the foundation you had that others don't. the point is to help others get the same or similar foundation so they can also be set up for success. shut the fuck up with all this "i worked HARRRDRDDD"

you're a fucking troll spamming posts on a forum. you are hardly a model of hard work.

I'm a pussy?... For not making excuses and improving myself, day by day, year after year... shedding those around me who would hold me back, surrounding myself with those who might propel me forward. A tough, hard, road littered with the carcasses of one jack ass after another that didn't have the meddle to trudge forward.

yes, because you're acting like a crybaby bitch who feels the need to moan about "omg how hard I worked it was so tough and I have t3h meddle" when people more hard working and successful than you choose to acknowledge social injustices that hold less fortunate people back. unless, of course, you think you're harder working than all the athletes, superstars, politicians, veterans, sergeants, etc that are in full support of these protests.

how in the fuck do you take any of this as anyone asking you to give up your hard earned manager position at 7/11? how much anxiety do you have? how would that ever be a realistic outcome to tackling social injustices?

"hey guys! let's stop being racist!"
"STOP TRYING TO TAKE MUH HOME, MUH COMMUNITY COLLEGE, MUH FREEDOM, MUH PROMOTION!!!!"

?????
Firstly, you're a fuckin moron. Secondly, I make more money than you. Third, address the real fucking issues within urban communities and stop blaming whitey for all of your failures. You are not a victim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back