Nate's return - It's gotta be Oliveira

A potential no one seems to be considering is the loser of Conor/Dustin? Winner goes for title shot. Loser gets Nate. Therefore Conor win or lose gets Dana helping him, either the fan favourite trilogy or a title shot

That's not a bad idea.

But I think it's probably RDA or Felder.

You could say the same thing about Oliveria, Outside Tony (who looks completely washed up) how many wins does he have against top guys? Kevin Lee is one of the most inconsistent fighters out there.

In terms of skill set Justin has 1 punch KO power, good TDD defence and some of the best leg kicks in the game which Nate has been prone to before.

Oliveria doesn’t really pose much of a threat on the feet, has crumpled to pressure fighters before and Nate could his own on the ground.
I dont know why I bother .
2017 do bronx
2019-21 do bronx
2 different entities.
Some fighters evolve...some a great deal .
Some dont at all .

I'll never get my brain wrapped around the common mma fan and their lack of common sense.

Gaejthe has evolved too since UFC start and Trevor as lead trainer. Oliveria is just more talented, everywhere, at the present. Hes now a complete fighter whos filled out his frame.

No, heys the definition of journeyman
????? How can he be a journeyman man when , professionally, he was born on a UFC reality show and has been under contract since.

You do understand the definition of what you're saying?

Tony Ferguson still being ranked number 5 is everything wrong with the UFC rankings

<{RoseRun}>

Don't disrespect Oliviera like that. Nate is nowhere in his league.

In what way does Nate deserve to jump straight into a fight with Oliveira who is an inch from a title shot?

I dont know why I bother .
2017 do bronx
2019-21 do bronx
2 different entities.
Some fighters evolve...some a great deal .
Some dont at all .

I'll never get my brain wrapped around the common mma fan and their lack of common sense.

Gaejthe has evolved too since UFC start and Trevor as lead trainer. Oliveria is just more talented, everywhere, at the present. Hes now a complete fighter whos filled out his frame.
I lack common sense because I think Nate matches up better stylistically with Oliveria as opposed to Gaethje?

Oliveria’s striking looked good against a past prime Tony and against Lee, who Iaquinta was piecing up on the feet.

Fighters evolve. Earth shattering theory man never thought of it. Your MMA knowledge is clearly superior to mine

<TheWire1>

The idea is that if Oliveira were to win, he'd get some name recognition before going on to fight for the title, that's the incentive $$ for him and the UFC. Another reason he would accept this fight is because he realizes that Conor would be his potential opponent for the Tile which equals even more $$.
it's actually not a bad plan. it's a brand builder for charles if he wins, and it's actually a winnable fight for nate on paper. it's a can't lose scenario for the ufc. the other leg in the equation would be chandler / hooker winner facing justin who would be next in line after the winner of the other fights fight for the vacant title. assuming khabib stays retired.........rda would be the one left out (who of course destroyed nate). crazy that nate will turn 36 soon....

USATSI_13218397-1-768x528.jpg

Doesnt matter who...Nate Diaz will be the LW champion before the end of 2021...

Called this first as soon as Khabib retired
giphy (1).gif
Hes coming

Conor will KO poirier and it WILL be for the title. Nate vs Conor 3 at LW and for the championship you heard it here first you pieces of shit

1 Justin Gaethje
2 Dustin Poirier
3 Charles Oliveira
4 Conor McGregor
5 Tony Ferguson
6 Dan Hooker
7 Rafael Dos Anjos
8 Paul Felder
9 Diego Ferreira
10 Al Iaquinta

LW needs a Champion if Khabib does indeed remain retired and you can bet your ass Dana has been scheming.

Conor is fighting Dustin and we know that IT WILL NOT be for a Title.
Chandler is fighting Hooker and it will would be unlikely that the winner gets an immediate TS.

Geathje just lost and RDA is not a big enough fight for Nate, same goes for Felder, Diego and Al.

It could be argued that Oliveira already deserves his shot but you know how Dana feels about the word 'deserve' ...

The assumption is that Conor will beat Dustin and then will fight SOMEBODY for the Title.

Oliveira has recently stated that he did not want Justin and that he felt he should fight the winner of Conor vs Dustin.

I bet that the UFC are offering Oliveira the Nate fight, the incentive being name recognition + the possibility of a Title shot vs Conor.

but if Nate wins ... I don't even have to finish this statement.

BOOM.

lol

I lack common sense because I think Nate matches up better stylistically with Oliveria as opposed to Gaethje?

Oliveria’s striking looked good against a past prime Tony and against Lee, who Iaquinta was piecing up on the feet.

Fighters evolve. Earth shattering theory man never thought of it. Your MMA knowledge is clearly superior to mine

<TheWire1>
No - that just your poor opinion.

I was talking about mma fans as a whole not necessarily you. Obviously my thoughts were encompassed to your post so I dont/ can't blame you for being defensive. I'm not familiar with your posting.
However- the way you talk about Oliveria is the way most sheep-doggers talk about him from 3 years ago.That you can't take back - well you can and I'd be impressed if done but I won't expect it .
It's a fight forum and most will argue their side until it becomes futile in nature.
It's all good.

Do the Tony fight.

Both guys are probably at the end of their career, looking for bangers, and trying to make money. Winner get McGregor when he loses. I'd most likely buy any ppv Nate/Tony co-mains regardless of the belt. Well maybe not Nunes/Megan but you get the picture.

Nate hasn't fought in 10 years, he deserves a title shot according to Dana logic. Heck, when he loses, give the next shot to Nick since he hasn't fought in 30 years but people know the Diaz brothers' name.

Felder

RDA rematch

Dan Hooker/Mike Chandler loser

Tferg would be the rightful scrap we deserve.

Nate won't take a dangerous fight like that. If he keeps losing, he won't have a shot at a third fight with Conor and the payday that comes with it. He got worked by Masvidal, why in the fuck would he take a fight with a much more dangerous Oliveira?

Back