3 Charles Oliveira
4 Conor McGregor
5 Tony Ferguson
6 Dan Hooker
7 Rafael Dos Anjos
8 Paul Felder
9 Diego Ferreira
10 Al Iaquinta

LW needs a Champion if Khabib does indeed remain retired and you can bet your ass Dana has been scheming.

Conor is fighting Dustin and we know that IT WILL NOT be for a Title.
Chandler is fighting Hooker and it will would be unlikely that the winner gets an immediate TS.

Geathje just lost and RDA is not a big enough fight for Nate, same goes for Felder, Diego and Al.

It could be argued that Oliveira already deserves his shot but you know how Dana feels about the word 'deserve' ...

The assumption is that Conor will beat Dustin and then will fight SOMEBODY for the Title.

Oliveira has recently stated that he did not want Justin and that he felt he should fight the winner of Conor vs Dustin.

I bet that the UFC are offering Oliveira the Nate fight, the incentive being name recognition + the possibility of a Title shot vs Conor.

but if Nate wins ... I don't even have to finish this statement.

BOOM.

Tony Ferguson makes sense. Book it

Completely forgot to mention Tony in OP but I doubt it's him, just heard Dana giving an interview and the interviewer point blank asked him to book Nate vs Tony and his response made it obvious to me that that's definitely not the fight they're looking at .

It's already being announced that Nate"s coming back to LW and Dana is in process of booking him a fight there.
I still want to see it but if that's what he said. Last time I saw Nate .....damn.
It wont be Charlo- bronx fighting gaejthe unless this unlikely scenario of khabib Conor 2 happens where I'd assume hes fighting for title( if he beats gaejthe....which I see happening).

Remember- these are still words until they're not ( Dana/ Nate )

Nate dosen't deserve fight a fight with Olivera. Fereira or Felder fights makes much more sense

The idea is that if Oliveira were to win, he'd get some name recognition before going on to fight for the title, that's the incentive $$ for him and the UFC. Another reason he would accept this fight is because he realizes that Conor would be his potential opponent for the Tile which equals even more $$.

Nate dosen't deserve fight a fight with Olivera. Fereira or Felder fights makes much more sense

He should still take the nate fight. If he sits out waiting for a title shot he won't get it. If conor wins it will end up being conor vs nate for the title and you know the ufc would actually do that. Then if conor wins that he'll hold the belt hostage for a year before vacating.

I think its going to be the Felder fight. Rankings dont matter, he will still get the next shot if he and Conor wins

You might be right, Nate is a draw on his own at this point regardless of who he’s fighting. I think if he had a choice of Justin/Oliveria he would choose Charles because it’s a more favorable matchup. If Nate wins, Conor/Diaz 3 for the LW title is the biggest fight they can make if Khabib is actually retired. If Oliveria wins, he gets a win over a huge name and puts him over to the casual fan base.

Last edited:
He's gonna fight Khabib for the title, outside of GSP clearly the only guy he will return for and it seems he is. Conor gets the next crack, when Nate wins and the trilogy conclusion will be for the title.

Did Nate ever get that scar tissue cleaned up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back