Nate's return - It's gotta be Oliveira

mx.gif
<{jackyeah}><GinJuice>

Highlights are guys Nate could beat that would make the good choice. Red is guys Nate won't beat with the ring rust.
upload_2021-1-14_10-40-7.png

If Oliveira management accepted that fight they should be drawn and quartered.

champ shit only

Khabib stop ducking!!!

It's so annoying that Khabib doesn't want to fight anymore (except maybe 1 fight). He could be truly one of the best if he tries to get to 35-0. Let's say he fights: McGregor, GSP, Nate Diaz, Charles Oliveira, Tony Ferguson and whoever is WW champ as a last fight, that would be legendary.

Now, he's the best LW ever. If he beats that list of guys, he could be the greatest MMA fighter ever (or 2nd greatest if Jones continues to win).

Khabib vs. Nate Diaz? Really? A younger, prime Nate was LnP'd by Clay Guida. He was also bullied around physically by RDA and Bendo. What in the world would he have for Khabib?

Tony Ferguson makes sense. Book it
Makes sense, rankings wise. Business wise the Conor/Nate 3 for the belt does big numbers. And I know, it’s ridiculous that these 2 guys would fight for the strap.

If Oliveira management accepted that fight they should be drawn and quartered.

champ shit only

Khabib stop ducking!!!
I sort of disagree. Nate is kind of a star. A win over him may get Charles some fans and extra money. And of all the possible contender fights, this one seems very winnable for Olivera. I’m saying this as a Nate fan. He’s been around forever and has eaten a lot of head shots. Even in his prime he wasn’t champ material.

I sort of disagree. Nate is kind of a star. A win over him may get Charles some fans and extra money. And of all the possible contender fights, this one seems very winnable for Olivera. I’m saying this as a Nate fan. He’s been around forever and has eaten a lot of head shots. Even in his prime he wasn’t champ material.
Oliveira is always made to fight guys below his ranking sometime unranked. It's bullshit and stops now.

Champ shit Only!

Khabib vs. Nate Diaz? Really? A younger, prime Nate was LnP'd by Clay Guida. He was also bullied around physically by RDA and Bendo. What in the world would he have for Khabib?
Not much. But casuals would love to see fights like that and it helps his legacy to get more eyeballs. You could have a guy like Nick Diaz or Jorge Masvidal instead as well. Those would be more challenging opponents.

Tony Ferguson makes sense. Book it
I agree actually, but not if the UFC's goal is to angle for Nate to get a bullshit title shot vs Conor, which they likely are pushing for. So they probably won't do this unfortunately.

Wont happen but Wonderboy vs Nate would be fun. Wonderboy is more aggressive then sherdog gives credit for. Wondering would tool Nate but Nate is a zombie and would keep coming.

Oliveira is always made to fight guys below his ranking sometime unranked. It's bullshit and stops now.

Champ shit Only!
His very last fight he fought up ^^^ .. Already stopped :)

... If Nate wins, Conor/Diaz 3 for the LW title is the biggest fight they can make if Khabib is actually retired. If Oliveria wins, he gets a win over a huge name and puts him over to the casual fan base.

Exactly.

Charles got his name recognition when he beat Tony's ass.

Nothing compared to what he would get for beating the guy who beat Conor before he goes on to fight Conor for the title... at least that's the potential, I'm not at all counting Dustin out or Nate for that matter.

I don't get why you completely rule out Gaethje and Ferguson. Assuming Nate actually comes back and wants to fight at LW, I think he is going to fight either one of those guys, or the loser of Poirier vs McGregor.

Nate fighting Olivera makes absolutely no sense. Yes I get it that the endgame is setting up the trilogy as a title fight, but still I don't believe he leapfrogs the entire top 15 to fight the #1 contender. He hasn't even fought at 155 in ages.

Also what do you mean RDA is not a big enough name? You do know these two already fought in the past (and RDA destroyed him), right?

Nate is a STAR and in the UFC the STARs get precedence over ranked guys.

Nobody outside of hardcores gives a flying fu** about RDA, not today. In terms of a matchup that will be fair and made rankings sense sure, that's a great fight to make but the bottom line here is viewership and $$, not rankings and fair.

Nate dosen't deserve fight a fight with Olivera. Fereira or Felder fights makes much more sense
It has to be Al Laquinta because both of them have not fought since 2019 and both of them are coming off a loss

Back