Nate's chin is ridiculous

It's not as ridiculous as the shit that comes out the hole above it.

Guy has a beast chin for sure, I do have a feeling he will be finished again in his next fight though.

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

thomsonmma.jpeg

This chin won

Shin across the face motherfuckers?!? If someone gets KOd by being hit with a baseball bat across the face is his chin weak?

No it isn't. He got dropped countless times by a midget

Shin across the face motherfuckers?!? If someone gets KOd by being hit with a baseball bat across the face is his chin weak?
They both entered the cage with the same tools. One walked out.

He's only been (T)KO'ed once. That says it all.
Lol---hes 19-11 and have seen him knocked silly on a handful of situations..once again, ridiculous- no.
Mousasi 41-6 and tko -ed once snd if u look at his 47 fight career(plus an 8-0 kick box career)....thsts what we call "ridiculous"

Pretty sure anyone gets wiped out by a properly targeted shin to the face, especially if you eat a few of them. The Diaz bros are notoriously tough but also recover amazingly fast. In Nick's fight with Daley, he got dropped, got back up and wiped Daley out and Daley has crazy power.
I thought that fight could have been stopped actually. Nick gets all the credit in the world though for surviving and winning though.

So pictures where his chin is closer to the camera than his forehead demonstrate that having a big chin which creates a larger lever can actually decrease the amount the brain rattles when its hit? Sounds legit
Yeah I know you think you get it but you don't.

You provided as much evidence to the contrary as TS original point.

Yeah I know you think you get it but you don't.

You provided as much evidence to the contrary as TS original point.

LOL. I was making a joke, as was TS, but while we are at it, here we go:
Bone density/size has almost nothing to do with it, but since the "chin" is considered a sweet spot because it acts as a lever that makes your head jerk more dramatically than hitting on the temple (and after all, the brain rattling is the source of KO's), that means having a larger, more elongated chin is detrimental to "chin". It isn't a complete science, sure, but its a generally accepted notion that you certainly dont have the brain power to dispell.

LOL. I was making a joke, as was TS, but while we are at it, here we go:
Bone density/size has almost nothing to do with it, but since the "chin" is considered a sweet spot because it acts as a lever that makes your head jerk more dramatically than hitting on the temple (and after all, the brain rattling is the source of KO's), that means having a larger, more elongated chin is detrimental to "chin". It isn't a complete science, sure, but its a generally accepted notion that you certainly dont have the brain power to dispell.

Yeah like I said I see where you're going but its mostly complete bro-science. Whereas I actually agree with you regarding someone having a more elongated chin is detrimental to their ability to take a punch. You can't just look at Nates chin and think its a stereotypical weak chin because of how much his chin protrudes.

There is a whole multitude of other factors that go into the ability to take a punch and even going by your rational Nate has a very rounded head with very little in the way of protruding features which would indicate he does in fact have a good chin. Also come on man, bone density/size doesn't have anything to do with a good chin? Clearly not true.

Yeah like I said I see where you're going but its mostly complete bro-science. Whereas I actually agree with you regarding someone having a more elongated chin is detrimental to their ability to take a punch. You can't just look at Nates chin and think its a stereotypical weak chin because of how much his chin protrudes.

There is a whole multitude of other factors that go into the ability to take a punch and even going by your rational Nate has a very rounded head with very little in the way of protruding features which would indicate he does in fact have a good chin. Also come on man, bone density/size doesn't have anything to do with a good chin? Clearly not true.

I actually pretty much completely agree with that (except your last question). However again I would point out that if anything evidence is to the contrary of what TS said, which is what I was making a joke about... this is something even you agreed with. And again, it was all jokes both ways. Sure, there are many factors, but if anything a big chin is a bad indicator, if a very small one. I also disputed Nate even having a big chin as the TS was clearly posting pictures to make it look that way as a joke. Yes, it is bro science, but there is no significant REAL science on the matter.

Now, what evidence is there that bone density/size has anything to do with it, since it was "clearly not true" that I said it doesnt? Is it not a fact that the brain rattling within its fluid is what causes a KO? You arent squishing the thing between bone, so having less bone density certainly isnt going to be problematic. Exactly how does bone density/size contribute to having a better chin?

I actually pretty much completely agree with that (except your last question). However again I would point out that if anything evidence is to the contrary of what TS said, which is what I was making a joke about... this is something even you agreed with. And again, it was all jokes both ways. Sure, there are many factors, but if anything a big chin is a bad indicator, if a very small one. I also disputed Nate even having a big chin as the TS was clearly posting pictures to make it look that way as a joke. Yes, it is bro science, but there is no significant REAL science on the matter.

Now, what evidence is there that bone density/size has anything to do with it, since it was "clearly not true" that I said it doesnt? Is it not a fact that the brain rattling within its fluid is what causes a KO? You arent squishing the thing between bone, so having less bone density certainly isnt going to be problematic. Exactly how does bone density/size contribute to having a better chin?

Yeah so first paragraph aside where we're pretty much just agreeing. I would imagine having higher bone density would firstly provide more cushioning to any blows. Think Mark Hunts head... probably has a skull almost twice as thick as the average European/Westerner.
Simple science would suggest that as the mass of an object (the skull) increases the frequency in which it vibrates (KO blow) will be less. Meh like I said I do enjoy debating this topic at the best of times but that's all the broscience I have at this hour on Christmas Eve

Back