Nate Marquardt willing to fight GSP to unify belts?

Strike-force belt means nothing at all, who cares! I wouldn't give Nate a fight with GSP!

1. What has he done to prove he gets a crack at the champ? What a strike-force win over Tyron Woodley? Man that was an easy win for him! Nate doesn't do so great which high caliber competition and its crunch time to get to the belt. If he wins his next fight his should fight Okami again! That be a perfect fight for him to get back to the title. his striking looked pretty good in the Woodley fight so if he can do that against Okami then i think that lines him up perfectly.

But as of right now he doesn't deserve GSP!

Strike-force belt means nothing at all, who cares! I wouldn't give Nate a fight with GSP!

1. What has he done to prove he gets a crack at the champ? What a strike-force win over Tyron Woodley? Man that was an easy win for him! Nate doesn't do so great which high caliber competition and its crunch time to get to the belt. If he wins his next fight his should fight Okami again! That be a perfect fight for him to get back to the title. his striking looked pretty good in the Woodley fight so if he can do that against Okami then i think that lines him up perfectly.

But as of right now he doesn't deserve GSP!

Okami fights at 185.

I think Hendo gave Rampage his PRIDE belt. Maybe last year, there was a youngster on Sherdog who plays internet video games with Rampage and I think he was at Rampage's house and took pics of the belts on his mantle.

They still fought to unify the titles though

GSP tools Nate in practice. I'm sure the fight would be the same.

But I'd like to see it.

There's a queue for GSP. Marquardt can fight Hendricks :)

There is nothing to unify, he beat a blanket named Tyrone Woodley, who never proved himself to be even a top 10 WW. Why would GSP need to unify with a paper champion?

Didn't Anderson Silva take Marq. down?????

DA FUQ he wanna fight GSP fo?

be3.jpg

Last edited:
If Ellenberger beats Hendricks I could see it.

GSP vs Marquardt and Ellenberger vs Condit/MacDonald winner for next shot.

And if Hendricks wins, GSP vs Hendricks and Marquardt vs Condit/MacDonald winner for next shot.

NM looked real good in his last fight at WW. I would like to see him against Kos.

Also his first fight at WW. I like Nate, and I think it'd be a good fight, but does attempting to drop weight, fucking up your T-levels, not fighting for 16 months, and then beating Tyron Woodley really make him next in line for GSP?

Really? Since when is unifying titles 'no biggie'?

Since it's a meaningless belt they made up after Nick Diaz left? I get that you're saying it's big because they can say "Champion vs. Champion" on the posters, but this would by no means be a legitimate unification fight.

Out of curiosity how is the Strikeforce championship any different from a UFC Interim championship? Both are awarded to a man who did not beat the champ, but none of you monkeys ever bitch about the interim champ getting a guaranteed shot against the reigning champion?

Gotta love hypocrites.

Because a UFC interim championship is generally fought for by the two top contenders in the division, so the winner would be next in line anyway. It's a no. 1 contender fight with a new fashion accessory. If Marquardt had fought Woodley in the UFC, do you think that would have been a no. 1 contender fight?

seems like the consensus is that Nate's belt means shit in terms of justifying a fight with GSP, but that it would be interesting to see him fight top talent (GSP included) cos he's a good/interesting fighter.
Hendricks will kick off if he gets "passed up" again for another title shot!

I think Hendo gave Rampage his PRIDE belt. Maybe last year, there was a youngster on Sherdog who plays internet video games with Rampage and I think he was at Rampage's house and took pics of the belts on his mantle.

i remember that, some call of duty thing where he got paid to play call of duty and hang out with rampage.

As much as I would love to see this fight happen, Nate must still win this weekend. I hope that he is not overlooking his opponent as many others on here seem to be.

This is he most interesting fight at WW after GSP Diaz in my opinion, but I'd like to see Marquardt against Hendrick for a title eliminator.

It would interesting to see Marquardt defeat Tarec and Ellenberger get past Hendricks or vice versa then fight Marquardt in 4 months or so to see who gets the next crack at GSP. If Marquardt looks impressive against his opponent this month then I don't see why not. If Ellenberger wins instead of Hendricks then I think another win against someone like Marquardt is in order for a title shot in his case.

The loser of a top contender bout shouldn't have to go all the way to the back of the line, so I can understand GSP vs Nick Diaz next. Marquardt & Hendricks shouldn't have to eliminate each other, or at least, the loser should have a short climb back.

Nate's going to beat Saffiedine and as much as I like Nate, GSP would beat him if this fight were to occur.

Back