Nate Marquardt willing to fight GSP to unify belts?

Nate's going to beat Saffiedine and as much as I like Nate, GSP would beat him if this fight were to occur.

Needs to beat Saffiedine and at least a top 3 UFC WW.

I'd like to see how GSP would deal w/Nate's combos, but don't remember Nate doing combos vs. Sonnen or Okami.

GSP and Nate are two of my favorite fighters. With that said, I thought the same thing, but then I thought about the size and strength Marquardt brings to WW.

I don't wanna see them fight, however, it would be a great bout.

I like Nate but beating Woodley for a belt and defending vs. Saffiedine does not bring champ vs. champ hype like some of the other champions outside the UFC.

This is he most interesting fight at WW after GSP Diaz in my opinion, but I'd like to see Marquardt against Hendrick for a title eliminator.

I dont see Hendricks winning that fight. Nate is just too savvy.

Nonetheless, I'm all for it. Atleast, if time and/or Hendricks allows it.

Tarec could very well do his own multi-hit combo and finish Nate, or Nate could totally smoke Tarec leaving no doubt about his worthiness to face GSP. It's an intriguing bout.

Nate's a big & strong muscleman, but GSP's also strong and does feats of strength via gymnastics, and GSP's fast. Those two have sparred many times and know each other's strengths and weaknesses. I'll be good to see how they would do with high stakes. It'll be a bit weird considering GSP has been ringside cheering on Nate and giving him instructions during his bouts.

Nate saying he's in no position to turn down bouts basically is an invitation to Dana to offer him the GSP bout. It'll probably help him get on Dana's good side considering Dana & Lorenzo have been wanting to make teammates fight for years.

nate is undeserving at the moment and needs more fights to prove his worth.

Nate's going to beat Saffiedine and as much as I like Nate, GSP would beat him if this fight were to occur.

well nevermind him even fighting GSP...he's not good enough without the PED's

GSP's got the physical and the fight IQ and gameplanning. Nate seems like he just makes it up as he goes, then maybe brain farts over and over. Maybe his corner isn't giving him good specific tactics. Maybe he needs Greg Jackson back in his corner.

Back