Nate Diaz vs Tony Fersguon is the fight to make next.

nate whoops what's left of tony- which is a testament to nates longevity imo

I reckon the fight would be stopped in the second round due to Nate bleeding all over the cage after a few Tony elbows. Making the fans cry robbery and shit.

Im down for it tho

I think Dana is now really careful about the location of a DIaz fight, picking the one with laziest commision

nate whoops what's left of tony- which is a testament to nates longevity imo
Nates longevity is because he's been preserving his noggin by not fighting and sitting out for years. Smart play by him

I hope they make this fight, but I can see Dana not being on board. It's an expensive fight to make for a fight that has no "stakes" as in no relevance to the rankings. Nate doesn't want to fight at lightweight so I can't see Dana being on board with it as a welterweight fight.

Tony looked finished nate looked great

LOL

Would be a blood fest that's for sure, probably the closest fight to a faces of death scene

I reckon the fight would be stopped in the second round due to Nate bleeding all over the cage after a few Tony elbows. Making the fans cry robbery and shit.

Im down for it tho

2 years ago, this was probably more likely.

It seems like Tony has trouble pulling the trigger these days.

At one point it would have been insulting to Tony to have Diaz mentioned in his same breath. I would have had Tony winning rather easily punishing and slicing Nate up along the way. It says something about Tony’s career at this point that this is even brought up as a fight. Pains me to say this because Tony is by far my favorite fighter ever....but I don’t see him winning this fight either. Love Diaz as well....

Personally I hate seeing fights between two guys who I love.

2 years ago, this was probably more likely.

It seems like Tony has trouble pulling the trigger these days.

This.

Tonys pace and volume would have made it a terrible night for Nate. He wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the pace against a guy who also had pretty decent power as well.

Lately though, like you said Tony is hesitant to pull the trigger which is hard to see considering at one point he was a guy that couldn’t keep his finger off the trigger.

Feels like Tony's in that Diego Sanchez/Grey Maynard/Joe Lauzon territory where a pretty minor strike could knock him out dramatically. Diaz is past his best too but I think he still has a chin.

This fight makes sense just based on the fact that tony and nate both got the biggest crowd pops so far since crowds returned

Tony is done folks. I'd rather see Nate avenge his brother and fight Condit who has won 2 in a row

This.

Tonys pace and volume would have made it a terrible night for Nate. He wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the pace against a guy who also had pretty decent power as well.

Lately though, like you said Tony is hesitant to pull the trigger which is hard to see considering at one point he was a guy that couldn’t keep his finger off the trigger.

I've never really liked Tony. I thought his attitude was whack; and I didn't like the fact that he just took damage until his opponent made a strategical error.

For years, I was quite certain that Gaethje's approach of crisp striking, distance management, and not allowing Tony to scramble would be the best way to beat him.

That said, dude's as tough as they come; and considering all his mental health issues and just the fact that he's tough as nails, and always found a way to come back it's really sad to see him getting beat the way that he is.

I've never really liked Tony. I thought his attitude was whack; and I didn't like the fact that he just took damage until his opponent made a strategical error.

For years, I was quite certain that Gaethje's approach of crisp striking, distance management, and not allowing Tony to scramble would be the best way to beat him.

That said, dude's as tough as they come; and considering all his mental health issues and just the fact that he's tough as nails, and always found a way to come back it's really sad to see him getting beat the way that he is.

I pretty much reiterate this over and over in every post regarding Tony but I am an unapologetic Tony fan boy so this has been hard as hell for me to witness. It was pretty quick decline and his style was never built to age well. I do think that hindsight is 20/20 In regards to him because now everyone criticizes his style of fighting and says it wasn’t effective. It was definitely effective as hell and allowed him to go on an incredible streak, become one of the greatest LW of all time and also one of the most popular/exciting fighters ever....Just because you never win the gold or reach the top of p4p status doesn’t mean you somehow weren’t great.

Not necessarily directed at you...more so just others short changing him as if somehow he wasn’t great for a long period of time.

Tony lost his recent fights on grappling. Justin is a more formidable guy to strike with if you are Tony. Power plus the great boxing he showed that night. Would be a good fight but Tony wins.

Back