Nate Diaz vs Tony Fersguon is the fight to make next.

I was calling for this before the Masvidal fight and not it seems like a bad one. I'd rather see Nate fight Gaethje. Tony just looks terrible these days. Even on the feet he looks rough.

I feel like Nate's gona knock him out with only his trash talk

No matter who Diaz fights it better be at 155 or don't waste my time. Edwards has cleaned up the 35 and over 155ers who fight at 170. Edwards can't even finish older much smaller men.

Nope. Conor/Diaz 3 makes more sense than any other fight you can make for either party.

Not sure what we should do with Tony.

Nate should wait for the trilogy fight against McGregor. Its the biggest payday available and it will be important for his financial security. Another L in the meantime will hurt his marketability, so why take the risk.

Unless Dana believes he needs a win to push interest, in which case Tony is a very winnable fight.

Would be a blood fest that's for sure, probably the closest fight to a faces of death scene

Does the just bleed version of Tony still exist though? He has looked very gunshy after that Gaethje beating.

This fight would have been great 4-5 years ago, now it will mostly look sad I'm afraid.

Tony legit has barely showed up to his last 2 fights after the beating Justin gave him
Like you would at least expect him to have some offense but no

Does the just bleed version of Tony still exist though? He has looked very gunshy after that Gaethje beating.

This fight would have been great 4-5 years ago, now it will mostly look sad I'm afraid.
Yeah, probably not. Shame, Tony is done, at least Nate looks like he still has fight left in him

I pretty much reiterate this over and over in every post regarding Tony but I am an unapologetic Tony fan boy so this has been hard as hell for me to witness. It was pretty quick decline and his style was never built to age well. I do think that hindsight is 20/20 In regards to him because now everyone criticizes his style of fighting and says it wasn’t effective. It was definitely effective as hell and allowed him to go on an incredible streak, become one of the greatest LW of all time and also one of the most popular/exciting fighters ever....Just because you never win the gold or reach the top of p4p status doesn’t mean you somehow weren’t great.

Not necessarily directed at you...more so just others short changing him as if somehow he wasn’t great for a long period of time.

My opinion was very unpopular for a very long time.
And the dude is/was an absolute stud.

Every time I watched him fight and get clipped/dropped/etc... I was waiting for the other guy to step back and measure his follow up shots since we'd seen him do extremely well in the scramble either reversing the position, waiting for his opponent to gas themselves with a flurry, or put themselves out of position and get clipped themselves.

Ever since the Vannata fight I thought he was beatable. As someone who watches for strategy and technique, I was always flabbergasted that guys just jumped on him when he'd proved repeatedly was a terrible approach to fighting him.

And of all people, I didn't think that it would be go forward Gaethje who was going to get the job done.

Edit: And again, while I was never a fan (even if he was a "must see TV" kinda fighter); the dude deserves massive respect. And his "former" fans are bitches if they're not still riding with him.

I'd watch, but it's a lot less exciting now that Tony's been dominated 3 times in a row.

<{danawhoah}>Book it Dana.
<209Bitch>
<{natewhut}>

Right now ?
No sir, Tony is just the shadow of his former self and didnt sastified the JBG since a few fights

The trash talk alone would be worth the price of admission.

Winner takes new 165lb strap as a retirement gift.

I can definitely see this happening instead.

Guaranteed a Million buys , especially if it's an end of year or Superbowl Card. These guys don't need belts to sell tickets .

Ive been wanting this matchup for a hot minute

They both will bleed, fun fight. Diaz better on the ground but Ferg could out-scramble him

Back