Nate Diaz says he won't answer UFC's calls for less than $20 million

Nate is semi retired. He doesn't need or want to fight unless it's McGregor or anyone else for an obscene amount of money.

Has nothing to do with what Nate thinks he's "worth".

Once you go Mac
You never go back

#RedPantyNight

Can't believe how much Conor changed that bum's life.

Dude would've fought for a pound of brick packed Mexican dirtweed before Conor.
giphy.gif

Nate is the biggest draw in the UFC ever. He is holding the record
<{Joewithit}>

No. Nate was at 20/20 before the CMG fights. Against RDA he only got that first 20, less 20% for missing weight. Then he was hit with the Reebok fine, which took pretty much all that money away.

After fight camp, manager fee, taxes, and expenses he basically walked away from that ass beating with nothing.

I thought Nate was making around $120,000 a fight if he won. A $60K to show and $60K to win type of deal. Just thinking back on the fighter payouts I used to look at. Nate wasn't getting bottom tier money or anything like that. I'd say right now he is worth anywhere from $150k to 300K per fight if his contract was expiring. That would be fair value for him and what he brings to the table. He has to fight this one out though.

Lol...Nate can't count. They should give him a hot dog and a coke and he'll never tell the difference.

I can't be a longtime fan of Nate or Nick for these reasons. I am fascinated by their trademark Zombie mode but they always are demanding stuff they clearly don't deserve.

I don't want either to retire just yet.

Fucking take a normal fight once in a while Nate, you don't have to be dependent on Conor to make a few hundred thousands.

When he's open, then go for it. In the meantime stfu.
Same thoughts on the Diaz bros. I WANT to be a fan, but they are just too full of nonsense. They only care about getting "theirs". I was listening to a Nate interview on here yesterday, and he was talking about being at the TIF house. He was saying he didn't want to do the show, but he was just going to show up to get a free medical and then bounce. I can't respect that kind of attitude, and looks like he's still got it.
Where is the shooped Diaz book pf excuses? He is about on par with Johnny and Nog now

The Diaz Brothers are out there showing their faces...they showed up at MSG, and Nick spent a month in New York doing seminars and media. They both turned up this past weekend in Sacramento, with Nick even shown on camera. They're opening a new gym in Stockton...they've got other irons in the fire. They've both admitted they don't need much money to live...though Nate recently said on a podcast he's looking to buy a three houses but has not decided where. Yes the Conor fight made Nate, but Nate took advance of the opportunity, beat McGregor and they ran it back around and he made bigger bank. I'm guessing both Nick and Nate will fight again. As far as $20m goes...Nates just playing the media. But don't be fooled, he won't take a fight which would be a bad match-up. The Diaz Brothers are a lot smarter than people think.

Peanuts compared to what WME-IMG will make from that trilogy title fight and they know it. Wouldn't be surprised if Conor suggested that number too.

Anyone remember Latrell Sprewell. He was the Nate Diaz of the NBA. Not doing so great today.

No. Nate was at 20/20 before the CMG fights. Against RDA he only got that first 20, less 20% for missing weight. Then he was hit with the Reebok fine, which took pretty much all that money away.

After fight camp, manager fee, taxes, and expenses he basically walked away from that ass beating with nothing.
I believe Dana has said Diaz bros wanted low disclosed pays for tax reasons but i may be mistaken.

Did you mean 120 as in $120,000? Because that is about what Nate Diaz is worth to the UFC per fight. That is close to what he was being paid before his two Conor fights that he didn't deserve. He has ruined his career. Good thing for him is that he isn't a flashy moron that spends money on cars and jewlery. He is low key and it will likely last him for a while.
If "ruining your career" means going from a divisional gatekeeper to being one of the highest paid MMAists of all time, the please, sign me up, stat.

In the midst of the latest UFC title saga, a familiar, yet unexpected name, resurfaced.

Inaccurate reports stated the promotion was targeting an interim lightweight title fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Nate Diaz. However, according to multiple sources, that fight has not been offered yet.

As for Diaz, he told MMAFighting.com Wednesday night, that the UFC hasn't called him about any upcoming fights. And if they're planning on doing so, Diaz had a message for the brass:

"I'm only fighting at lightweight for a big fight or 20 million just to take the call," Diaz told MMAFighting.com via text message. "Until then, I'm just living my life."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...nt-answer-ufcs-calls-for-less-than-20-million

<{natewhut}>
Clearly he is stoned. Stay stoned Nate.

Lol i guess we won't see him again.

Even McGregor didn't make it close to 20mil for his fights with Diaz.

Diaz needs to ask himself the real questions, does he want another paycheck or is he done with MMA. If he is happy with what he earned and doesnt give two fucks about another deposit in his bank account, then by all means, I understand his comment.

On the other hand, if Nate Diaz wants another fight with McGregor, I don't think sitting on the side lines and demanding 20million is the right strategy, certainly with the new administration. A fight with Alvarez is a big fight and a winnable one. He could negociate a big paycheck, and with a win, another fight with McGregor.

Back