NASCAR driver loses sponsor because of his dad's racist remark...from before he was born

This strategy makes perfect sense in the world of identity politics. Target whites for the things their parents did and once that becomes normal than the argument becomes: "If whites are being punished for the minor things their parents said years ago, then why aren't blacks receiving reparations for what whitey's ancestors did?". It is not a large leap to go from punishing whites for what their parents said to punishing whites for what some of their ancestors did in the distant past.

To be honest it's a smart move by Lilly Diabetes. The current media landscape is just chomping at the bit to try and ruin people whenever they can attribute racism to anything. Lilly Diabetes would be getting hate mail and death threats for NOT pulling their sponsorship had they not made this choice, so they're in a no-win situation. I have no issue with them just getting away from the media fervor here and trying to focus on their primary purpose which is diabetes research and healthcare.

He didn't do anything. He wasn't even born yet. Who would give death threats to a charity because they supported a person that did nothing wrong?

I disagree somewhat, I think people should be able to tell a story and say what someone else said. That word may be the only word in the english language that you cannot say that another person said. But you won't hear me say it. If anyone knows a white person ever uttered the word in a non derogatory manner, you WILL lose your job.

I remember we had a story of a white girl singing along on stage to a black rapper's rap song. The rapper I think pulled her up on stage to perform with him. She just sang the lyrics along with him on stage if I remember right. The PC/social justice crew came down on her for racist speech for simply singing or rapping his song with him on stage.

Anyway, I'm not for using the word in a derogatory manner, but our society has lost all common sense with the social justice PC movement. They can't or are unwilling to make the distinction for when it's hateful derogatory speech vs just repeating what someone else said or says in a rap song.

The guy himself freaked out. He got offended by his own fucking lyrics.

To be honest it's a smart move by Lilly Diabetes. The current media landscape is just chomping at the bit to try and ruin people whenever they can attribute racism to anything. Lilly Diabetes would be getting hate mail and death threats for NOT pulling their sponsorship had they not made this choice, so they're in a no-win situation. I have no issue with them just getting away from the media fervor here and trying to focus on their primary purpose which is diabetes research and healthcare.
Then I think you'll appreciate, if you notice, that I didn't place the seat of the blame at their feet. I went after liberal politicians, the California liberal base, and above all else, #BLM and the race police-- figures like Shaun King-- who are driving this culture; any who align with this last group, and enable their critical race theory politics.

I want this to backfire, but it isn't Lilly I want taking the brunt of that blowback. However, the only way to ensure they don't perceive the choice they made of what to do justifiable is to show them capitulating to these racist swine WILL NOT result in the less distracting public response.
If we take the sins of the father far enough back we are all guilty.
This gets to the heart and soul of it. Perhaps above all else, the underlying ambition to the idea of America itself is that an individual's life and circumstances shouldn't be dictated by his surname. This deepens the irony because the very purpose of calls for race justice are to correct deprivations of generations inherited from the tyrannical abuses of a history steeped in chattel slavery and Jim Crow.

Clearly, #BLM isn't about justice. It's about vindictiveness and Communism. It won't spare the Son.

It's okay, the Free Market™ will take care of this.

<OKC16>

Standing your ground against the wave of social media hysterics, this is what we are increasingly going to start looking towards, as a people. To see individuals projecting strength against the mob, rather than weakness. To see people standing up straight, rather than slithering on the ground, begging for forgiveness, like spine-less creatures.

But this logic doesn't take us anywhere beyond what we've already witnessed for the past 2000 years.

Sorry buddy, but individual control of the mobs is the primary cause of oppression throughout human history. You're mad that the common person has a voice, and is susceptible to control from other commoners, rather than the nobility.

Capitulating to 'social media hysterics' is simply a business strategy. It has nothing to do with virtues. It's appeasement for the sake of the bottom line.

Welcome to capitalism, where, thanks to the Internet, consumers can now organize and wield it's collective power over the stranglehold that big capital has enjoyed for far too long.

This is insane. If I was responsible for my father's words and actions, I'd be in prison.

This is insane. If I was responsible for my father's words and actions, I'd be in prison.

If I were responsible for my father's words and actions, I would be paying child support to multiple women.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes, that's no good. I mean, it's within the sponsor's business judgment to not want association with that....but damn.
How many people do you think were planning to stop using their insulin over this? Ballpark number?

Better yet, who the fuck would be at the cross section of watching NASCAR and caring about active racism, let alone racism from a family member 30 years ago? Like...can you imagine a NASCAR fan being offended by this?

Something tells me they wanted to sever the relationship and this was a subterfuge.

Conor was great on The Amazing Race. I wasn't happy to see this.

He's more of an Indy Car driver.

Sorry buddy, but individual control of the mobs is the primary cause of oppression throughout human history. You're mad that the common person has a voice, and is susceptible to control from other commoners, rather than the nobility.

Capitulating to 'social media hysterics' is simply a business strategy. It has nothing to do with virtues. It's appeasement for the sake of the bottom line.

Welcome to capitalism, where, thanks to the Internet, consumers can now organize and wield it's collective power over the stranglehold that big capital has enjoyed for far too long.
It's okay, the Free Market™ will take care of this.

<OKC16>
Always a few bandwagoners who are persuaded by racist notions.

Completely false. This has nothing to do with capitalism. There was no free market response. Furthermore, observing recent history, in these instances where the "collective voice" of the "commoner" (we aren't a feudal state with "nobility", btw) was used to oppress the voice and livelihood of the speaker, as with Brandon Eich, Donald Sterling, or Roseanne, the precise opposite effect had been observed. Profits were up, sales were up, users/attendance was up, and those "social media hysterics" were, indeed, limited to complainers who don't buy anything from the people they're criticizing, and certainly don't drive markets. There is defense of this couched in business strategy.

I know you guys are trying to understand these concepts about capitalism and the free market, in order to deploy them in service of your agenda, but you clearly don't comprehend their rudimentary mechanics. Perhaps you're simply ignorant to the reality you take for granted.

I'm trying to help you cure your racism by addressing your ignorance. Ignorance is a Petri dish for destructive forces like racism.

Last edited:
He didn't do anything. He wasn't even born yet. Who would give death threats to a charity because they supported a person that did nothing wrong?

Crazed and psychotic people like those who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome and others like Antifa. Seriously?

A diabetes supply company chose NASCAR to advertise at.

<36>

I wonder why?

Always a few bandwagoners who buy are persuaded by racist notions.

Completely false. This has nothing to do with capitalism. There was no free market response. Furthermore, observing recent history, in these instances where the "collective voice" of the "commoner" (we aren't a feudal state with "nobility", btw) was used to oppress the voice and livelihood of the speaker, as with Brandon Eich, Donald Sterling, or Roseanne, the precise opposite effect had been observed. Profits were up, sales were up, users/attendance was up, and those "social media hysterics" were, indeed, limited to complainers who don't buy anything from the people they're criticizing, and certainly don't drive markets. There is defense of this couched in business strategy.

I know you guys are trying to understand these concepts about capitalism and the free market, in order to deploy them in service of your agenda, but you clearly don't comprehend their rudimentary mechanics. Perhaps you're simply ignorant to the reality you take for granted.

I'm trying to help you cure your racism by addressing your ignorance. Ignorance is a Petri dish for destructive forces like racism.

You're going off the deep end, duder. We've had this discussion plenty of times, if the perceived value lost is more than the perceived value gained, a private enterprise will cut ties. You can keep trying to attach this to some sort of moral imperative (because i'm sure you have some convoluted reason in your head why your concerns are valid, but broad regulatory action on private enterprise is bad), but i'm really not in the mood to hash this out for the umpteenth time so Mick can be obtuse and thump his chest when he inevitably fails to address my posts in good faith.

I evaluated you, and you're dismissed. Maybe next time. ✌

6mosBEt.gif

@Madmick why would you say “liberals” are for this. This is clearly a corporation doing what it wants. Which party is the party of corporations getting to do whatever they want and not being answerable to charges of discrimination?

Also, did you thank USA Today for the sweet MSM you linked to in the OP?
If this shit annoys you, and you vote Democrat, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Once again, if you vote Republican and this annoys you, you have no one to blame but yourself. Who is the party that says corporations get to discriminate against customers, employees, and clients on the basis of “deeply help beliefs”?

Didn’t think that gay wedding cake all the way through, did you?

Never apologize, never concede ground.

These are the key rules to survival in the internet sphere.

Standing your ground against the wave of social media hysterics, this is what we are increasingly going to start looking towards, as a people. To see individuals projecting strength against the mob, rather than weakness. To see people standing up straight, rather than slithering on the ground, begging for forgiveness, like spine-less creatures.

These companies are going to make a huge mistake if they keep up with their hyper-sensitive PR methods. People, with common sense, are bound to start responding negatively to that. We are going to reach a point where you will be seen far more negatively for submitting to outrage, rather than for standing up to it.
You said an interesting thing there, “PR” and “common sense.” PR’s goal is to avoid damage to their brand. Few stories of cancelled sponsorships are going to gain enough traction to matter. Folks just don’t have time or brain cells to spend on this shit.

This strategy makes perfect sense in the world of identity politics. Target whites for the things their parents did and once that becomes normal than the argument becomes: "If whites are being punished for the minor things their parents said years ago, then why aren't blacks receiving reparations for what whitey's ancestors did?". It is not a large leap to go from punishing whites for what their parents said to punishing whites for what some of their ancestors did in the distant past.
This is not a plot against whites. It is a diabetes company trying to avoid a PR pain in the ass... which, thanks to the media (gasp!) seems to have momentarily backfired.

You are safe from race genocide at the moment.

(Aren’t you only into Asian chicks, tho?)

Last edited:
Did he call someone a cracka?

The -er makes it food.

The -a makes it racist.

I'm sure Col. Eli Lilly of the civil war used the n-word term plenty of times. Maybe Lilly Pharma needs to change it's name because he probably said the same word?

Back