NASCAR driver loses sponsor because of his dad's racist remark...from before he was born

Fucking ridiculous. Looks like we're in an arms race of censorship and virtue signaling. This is what happens when people don't know how to speak to eachother like adults.

I agree, but better to just remove themselves from the hoopla over this absurd bullshit, than to have to launch their own media campaign to try and prove they're not supporters of racism.

thats absurd

There is no hoopla to be involved in

There is nothing to distance themselves from

But the left freaks out when James Gunn gets fired

How could it possibly end wrong for other people eventually

Uuummm... that would be the right...

conservatives were the ones who dug up his past and judging by the James Gunn thread most leftist in the WR were in favor of James Gunn getting his job back while the right were for him losing his job.

conservatives were the ones who dug up his past and judging by the James Gunn thread most leftist in the WR were in favor of James Gunn getting his job back while the right were for him losing his job.
No shit
Where do you think they got the idea

Isn't that what he said? The left freaked out over Gunn getting fired. He didn't say that the left got Gunn fired.

No shit
Where do you think they got the idea

Ah misread... carry on.

On topic. It’s nonsense to think this should affect the son but the company wanted to stay away from the drama. I did notice that the reply stated that the decals will not be featured “this weekend”. Is this suggesting that it’s a temporary removal and not permanent?.. if it’s temporary then there’s no real issue here. Company wanted to fly low under the radar but that shit backfired...

Something tells me the this strategy to avoid "distractions" is going to backfire. Good. The only reason absurd shit like this happens is because there are a lot of horrible racists out there who want it to happen. They think to themselves when they see these sorts of headlines, "Good". They perceive others as racists, and themselves as enlightened fighters combating racism.

You need to blame the France family for this. They intentionally moved NASCAR away from its southern routes to mainstream for increased revenue. Which has backfired in recent years from losing television viewers, attendance numbers and sponsorship deals at a staggering rate. In a sport that no longer has an identity.

An because of this its drivers and sponsors adhere to other established well known sport standards.

What the fuck happened to my country?
Liberalism is not only a mental disorder, it is a cancer.

thats absurd

There is no hoopla to be involved in

There is nothing to distance themselves from

Obviously Lilly doesn't agree and it's not impossible to see how the media can worm their way into this and turn it into a shit show.

Obviously Lilly doesn't agree and it's not impossible to see how the media can worm their way into this and turn it into a shit show.

Paint that picture for me so I can see exactly how

The fact that you are like I see their point just shows how fuckin stupid we as a culture are becoming

Random sjw .. Boycott medicine you need to stay alive because that guys dad said a bad word before we was born

and society does what when they see that purple haired blog ?

Whos going to even consider a boycott of a drug you need to stay alive over some shit that stupid exactly ?

Never heard of any of these people or companies. Pretty sure if the diabeetus company wanted to avoid distractions the best bet wouldn’t been to go on with the whole “No one knows or cares about us” routine as opposed to launching themselves into headlines.

Last year I was at my grandfathers 90th birthday party and my mom's cousin brought a bunch of data about my grandfathers side of the family who came over from Wales in the early 1700's. There was a bunch of census reports from the late 1700's- early 1800's in the folder with all the family information. There were some relatives including a great great great great or how many greats, grandfather, that owned some slaves. Slaves were listed on the reports, and only there sex were given in some cases other cases it had their names.
I guess that means I am out of the running to do a diabeetus commercial. I grew my mustache out and everything.

bitches-dont-know-bout-my-diabeetus-SQWsUM.jpg

This is just further proof that it isnt goofs on college campuses pushing this pc jargon its major corporations

Last year I was at my grandfathers 90th birthday party and my mom's cousin brought a bunch of data about my grandfathers side of the family who came over from Wales in the early 1700's. There was a bunch of census reports from the late 1700's- early 1800's in the folder with all the family information. There were some relatives including a great great great great or how many greats, grandfather, that owned some slaves. Slaves were listed on the reports, and only there sex were given in some cases other cases it had their names.
I guess that means I am out of the running to do a diabeetus commercial. I grew my mustache out and everything.

bitches-dont-know-bout-my-diabeetus-SQWsUM.jpg

you goin have to quit your job so that the company doesnt face any flack over your racist past

Think we might have to vote you off the island too

I can't fault him for what his dad said. But hey it's the free market. If a business thinks this is the best course of action then it's their choice.

conservatism 101

Paint that picture for me so I can see exactly how

The fact that you are like I see their point just shows how fuckin stupid we as a culture are becoming

Random sjw .. Boycott medicine you need to stay alive because that guys dad said a bad word before we was born

and society does what when they see that purple haired blog ?

Whos going to even consider a boycott of a drug you need to stay alive over some shit that stupid exactly ?

Well, the father is racist (since he said a bad word ~4 decades ago), so then the son must also be racist as well...since a bigot can only teach and perpetuate bigotry. Mind you these guys are white so of course they're racist and bigots anyway. It's not hard to see how the timing of this and the dismissal of the father could have further implications against the son. The timing is bad for Lilly and they made a decision to just back out of this thing and not get involved.

While I agree it's absurd this is how life is these days.

As for the drug people can get insulin from many different distributors so it's not like they are the only provider. Boycotting Lilly isn't going to have any medical impact on anybody.

Fuck Lilly Diabetes whatever the fuck that is. Tandem Diabetes is where it is at. Stock has been on fire this year. They made an artificial pancreas for Christ's sake.

tndm.jpg

Fucking crazy. Didn’t have time to read all the details but we need to do something about felons. Having a felony on your record for life is stupid. Not sure what solution would work best but what we do now is fucked.

Imagine his father had killed someone in the 80's. Kid might have lost his entire car.

Political correctness is fine, they said. Only racists are against political correctness, they said. What could go wrong, they asked. They are idiots.

Back