NASCAR driver loses sponsor because of his dad's racist remark...from before he was born

Read the article he made a statement that wasn't intended to insult anyone through ignorance of American culture.

Once informed he apologized and never used it again.

Why punish him and certainly why punish his son.

The stupidly of this movement is overwhelming.

The only good thing is it's coming back to slap it's supporters when things they said or did in the long past is uncovered.

It's all too easy to mock SJW's for basically being religious fanatics, this "Sins of the father" bullshit is exactly why.
The liberal inquisition discovered his father said heresies before he was born and now he must atone.

I bet this be true for every Nascar driver's father, probably every hockey player too.

Conor Daly's Lilly sponsorship decals removed because of father's use of racial slur in 1980s

Something tells me the this strategy to avoid "distractions" is going to backfire. Good. The only reason absurd shit like this happens is because there are a lot of horrible racists out there who want it to happen. They think to themselves when they see these sorts of headlines, "Good". They perceive others as racists, and themselves as enlightened fighters combating racism.

It almost comes off to me as a cover for firing the father. He also shouldn't lose his job. It's absurd. If liberals think this is justice, and are going to ostracize someone for something he said 30 years ago, then how in the hell can any Democrat support propositions like California's own Prop 47?

{<doc}
<Huh2>
<JagsKiddingMe>

tenor.gif

If this shit annoys you, and you vote Democrat, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Extremist always end up pushing everything to far. Obviously he had absolutely no responsibility for what his father said before he was born. Bad move IMO.

So... Conor Daly lost his sponsorship and Derek Daly lost his job, because Bob Lamey retold a story about a comment Derek made in the '80s where he used a racial slur (although not apparently in relation to any individuals). Bob Lamey was also "retired" for repeating the slur.
That's a very strange domino effect.

So... Conor Daly lost his sponsorship and Derek Daly lost his job, because Bob Lamey retold a story about a comment Derek made in the '80s where he used a racial slur (although not apparently in relation to any individuals). Bob Lamey was also "retired" for repeating the slur.
That's a very strange domino effect.
It tells you of how far reaching back to the past and how powerful the social justice and PC movement is today.

The sponsorship is more understandable, because even mistaken negative associations can have serious impacts on brands these days. Social media has lead to hypersensitivity about brand image/safety.
Getting fired for repeating a story and using a slur in the workplace is also understandable.
The firing for someone else's repetition of a story from 30 years ago seems ridiculous.

I wonder what Dick Trickle has to say about this.

The religion of "intersectionality" certainly has an Original Sin aspect to it, but this is taking it to a ridiculous new low.

Getting fired for repeating a story and using a slur in the workplace is also understandable.
I disagree somewhat, I think people should be able to tell a story and say what someone else said. That word may be the only word in the english language that you cannot say that another person said. But you won't hear me say it. If anyone knows a white person ever uttered the word in a non derogatory manner, you WILL lose your job.

I remember we had a story of a white girl singing along on stage to a black rapper's rap song. The rapper I think pulled her up on stage to perform with him. She just sang the lyrics along with him on stage if I remember right. The PC/social justice crew came down on her for racist speech for simply singing or rapping his song with him on stage.

Anyway, I'm not for using the word in a derogatory manner, but our society has lost all common sense with the social justice PC movement. They can't or are unwilling to make the distinction for when it's hateful derogatory speech vs just repeating what someone else said or says in a rap song.

The religion of "intersectionality" certainly has an Original Sin aspect to it, but this is taking it to a ridiculous new low.

I've been hearing a lot more about that term lately. I hope the pendulum starts swinging back away from this ultra progressive PC. And I wonder if not, how far this PC will keep on going.

Never apologize, never concede ground.

These are the key rules to survival in the internet sphere.

Standing your ground against the wave of social media hysterics, this is what we are increasingly going to start looking towards, as a people. To see individuals projecting strength against the mob, rather than weakness. To see people standing up straight, rather than slithering on the ground, begging for forgiveness, like spine-less creatures.

These companies are going to make a huge mistake if they keep up with their hyper-sensitive PR methods. People, with common sense, are bound to start responding negatively to that. We are going to reach a point where you will be seen far more negatively for submitting to outrage, rather than for standing up to it.

Last edited:
they pulled his sponsorship because of something his dad said before he was born?

damn, thats harsh

Not really what intersectionality means, but it's possible we are having a Poe's law moment

Without getting into the ridiculous timeline involved in this- it's another controversy that happened due to people discussing the use of slurs. We have to be able to discuss the use of slurs.

Back