• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NASCAR 5 times the viewers of UFC

Forget nascar, Wwe is kicking their ass!

ppl still watch wwe?

I’ll never understand how Nascar and WWE are a thing people watch
I used to love wwe growing up when i was a kid grew out of it before my teens though. but in the 90's the writing was hilarious. and is still very funny and iconic.

but now? it's awful. everything about it is awful the writing is pg, the girls aren't strippers mud wrestling, the guys don't do steroids and coke and fall off of high structures it's all a bunch of bullshit now

I don't watch NASCAR, however, I was born in a culture that loves racing and cars (the Dominican Republic). So i dont know if its the background I have that does it, BUT HEAR ME OUT....

NASCAR does provide a rush that mimics fighting, albeit in much less frequency. The last race on Sunday had a moment (10 secs) between #1 Harvick and #2 that was pure adrelinaline rush.

UFC BLESS

NASCAR is a family event for rednecks. Far bigger audience. Also, it has DEEP roots in the south.

If you don’t know what the last dance is you really need to educate yourself.

yeah!

it’s short for all time classic save the last dance

Featuring Julia styles n Sean Patrick Thomas

5165SNK1V4L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Fox is free in every trailer park in America... you have to pay for ESPN.
It's 2020, boomer. Televisions don't have rabbit ear antennas anymore. The last dance that got nearly 5x the viewers was also on espn.

When the UFC was on network TV, its best cards that were the ones aired on Fox (not fight nights aired on Fox Sports) got less viewers than Cops reruns in the same time slot.

It didn't help we had a bunch of pussies wanting it to get cancelled, worst part about is, it was those very people who wanted it to be cancelled that benefited. looking at you Luke a Thomas

I used to love wwe growing up when i was a kid grew out of it before my teens though. but in the 90's the writing was hilarious. and is still very funny and iconic.

but now? it's awful. everything about it is awful the writing is pg, the girls aren't strippers mud wrestling, the guys don't do steroids and coke and fall off of high structures it's all a bunch of bullshit now
2 weeks ago i was going through my guide (before UFC came back), and I saw AEW live on TNT and left it on. I was barely paying attention as I talked shit with my GF (who's sick of watching movies/shows throughtout the pandemic, like me) and smoked a joint.

Watched AEW's last 45 mins of the show, and nostalgia kicked it so deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Matt fuxking Hardy VS Chris Jericho. Lmao. I used to watch them when i was 7....

Finished the event, saw some dude getting ran over by a golf cart (a level athlete) and was hella impressed

wwwwwwwww
2 weeks ago i was going through my guide (before UFC came back), and I saw AEW live on TNT and left it on. I was barely paying attention as I talked shit with my GF (who's sick of watching movies/shows throughtout the pandemic, like me) and smoked a joint.

Watched AEW's last 45 mins of the show, and nostalgia kicked it so deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Matt fuxking Hardy VS Chris Jericho. Lmao. I used to watch them when i was 7....

Finished the event, saw some dude getting ran over by a golf cart (a level athlete) and was hella impressed
lmao i remember them on n64 those guys have to be almost 50 now or somethin...

Were we expecting a card headlined by Overeem and Harris and with Gadelha and Hill as the co main to do big numbers or something?

Were we expecting a card headlined by Overeem and Harris and with Gadelha and Hill as the co main to do big numbers or something?
It did great numbers for ESPN. It did double Sports Center which got a .6 or a .7 lol.

IMO one big problem with sports on cable TV is who the fuck in the target age group actually still has cable TV? I know no one under 40 that has it. That's why the top rated shows are stuff for old people news programs and How to Train Your Husband.

Now that I think of it, I don't even know anyone that gets free network TV stations.

Jordan is the golden standard of any sport. Every athlete in every sport strives to reach his level of greatness.

You’re probably far too young to understand how popular Jordan and those Bulls were.

I still reckon Nike is booming thanks to Jordan, I mean a shoe was made just for solely for him at one point until it was released to the public.

Back