name a fight in mma history that showed more heart than Ortega just did

Some people are a little bit too obsessed with Ortega. Yeah he lasted to the end, but he got his ass kicked the whole fight outside a couple close submissions. Showing heart has the person taking a beating and actually coming back to make the fight close or winning, not losing 50-44 lol.

Not even to mention the fact that if the 3rd round was literally 2 seconds longer the fight would have been over.

This is not to take anything away from A.V., he’s champ for a reason but Ortega came back from near death and almost finished the fight several times.

Don’t understand how someone cannot be truly inspired by seeing that
Every fight involving Oleg Taktarov.

Edgar vs Maynard 2 and 3
Edgar vs Bendo
Guida vs Sanchez

Also JDS vs Cain the guy never had success in the 2nd or 3rd fights but he was insanely outmatched and never stopped trying.

I love JDS and agree with you but it's probably easier to keep trying when you already know you've knocked the guy the f*ck out before. Best confidence booster.

Anderson Silva vs Chael 1

Literally beat down for 23 minutes and pulls off the greatest triangle out of nowhere.

Edgar vs Maynard 2 and 3

he keeps taking beatings he'll have a short run

He is incredibly tough, nothing but respect... But to say he came back and almost finished the fight is farfetched imo. Aside from the subs, he wasnt close to finishing Volk.
Looks like volk himself disagrees with you. In the post fight conference he said it was the deepest choke hes ever been in. He thought it was over.

yeaaah right...absorbing brutal damage to your face is something that inspires other...idiots.

Tito fighting with a cracked skull.

tito-egg-head.jpg
Man, I think this may be the most perfect illustration of Tito I've ever seen.

Good old Forrest Griffin broke his arm in a fight and kept fighting went on to win the fight.
IIRC the arm never healed correctly and looks a bit messed up.

Fabio Maldonado took a life altering beating from Glover.

and went in with Stipe as a last min replacement.
That dude has some serious balls on him.

and went in with Stipe as a last min replacement.
That dude has some serious balls on him.
Took a W of Fedor as well. I think he's mostly forgotten about here. But the dude was tough as fuck.

Reactions: Isa
I know people are saying Zelg, but the fight versus Smirnovas was worse imo.

How about Edgar/Maynard!?!?

How about Sakuraba vs anybody?

There's been lots, and Ortega is definitely up there.

Back