name a fight in mma history that showed more heart than Ortega just did

The way that Brian came back in the 5th and began smacking Volk around a bit was truly a spectacle (idk how anyone gave Volk that round).

Too often we see guys not take chances and go for the win when they're trying to snag a belt (most of Izzy and Khabib's opponents). Ortega however, did it multiple times. Tonight he graduated from just a skilled contender to a true warrior. It's a selective club. Much respect. Anyone on here giving him shit is a fucking dickhead.

Edgar vs Maynard 2 and 3
Edgar vs Bendo
Guida vs Sanchez

Also JDS vs Cain the guy never had success in the 2nd or 3rd fights but he was insanely outmatched and never stopped trying.

DG0HrcOQiKeEiMtqX0IlVIIveNtQLshLV8EhyM2DX5oeIDffbmnpcRwqwW3nZBXN_JwYuOdgQDnLJlTgqmD4wbXt23gj7RNKShrqDJvUgTh3qQ

This is not to take anything away from A.V., he’s champ for a reason but Ortega came back from near death and almost finished the fight several times.

Don’t understand how someone cannot be truly inspired by seeing that

Michael Johnson against Khabib

daijiro matsui took some legendary ass whoopings without quitting he wasn't good but he had heart. took wandy to a decision.
P-04hnBYYXMi5OyiVva6TclGZQUN3Lu5J-epoPsa-6Y.jpg

Off the head
Nog sapp and crocop
Shogun hendo.
Royce vs sak
Oleg taktarov vs tank and Severn
Anderson chael 1⁰
Fedor randelman

I remember watching that live..it was astonishing
Non stop excitement. Remember just being in awe that neither of them was finished. They both showed what they're made of that night, and especially Shogun. When I found out later that his skull was cracked I couldn't believe he made it through that fight. He lost, but he and Hendo both showed that night exactly why they've always been beloved by the fans.

Back