NAC Commisioner: Jones wasn't supposed to be tested for recreational drugs

I think the "in-competition" versus "out-of-competition" distinction refers to the tests, not to the drug use itself. But I agree with you, if there's a better way to test for marijuana that will only identify someone using the day of the fight instead of casting a net wide enough to catch someone who smoked a few weeks earlier, they should be using it.

I don't know the merits to both types of testing, but I work in the oilsands and there is a big push up here to switch to swab testing for pre-employment tests and post incident tests. I've heard that only the active components will appear in that type of testing, because it's your fat cells that store the inactive metabolites. This is just based on water-cooler conversations though, and no actual research on my part.

I would think that they would try to hit them at approximately the same time, just to avoid the fighter that was tested second from hearing about the test and taking measures to cheat the system. They usually target dates such as a press conference when both fighters are in the same place.

Oh alright this seems to make the most sense. I remember that's when Overeem has his fiasco at the press conference where everyone was getting tested and he ran and flew to England lol.

I don't know the merits to both types of testing, but I work in the oilsands and there is a big push up here to switch to swab testing for pre-employment tests and post incident tests. I've heard that only the active components will appear in that type of testing, because it's your fat cells that store the inactive metabolites. This is just based on water-cooler conversations though, and no actual research on my part.

NS or PEI?

No. What happened is this -

December 4th -
Test #1 - Too watery, so asked to piss again just in case -> Positive for Coke
Test #2 - Fine sample, taken -> Positive for Cocaine

Then they realized they had fucked up and we're only supposed to test for PED's and remember that for Jones second random test.

December 18th -
Test #1 - Fine sample, taken -> Clean result

lol. smh at the commission.

Oh alright this seems to make the most sense. I remember that's when Overeem has his fiasco at the press conference where everyone was getting tested and he ran and flew to England lol.

Dude... his mother was sick...

I bet the NSAC and Jon Jones will make nice about this when he shows up looking for a license to fight in July.

What the fuck is the logic behind this?

He tests positive for coke, out of competition, gets tested again before the fight, but now they don't test for coke,because he shouldn't have been tested for it first, even though coke is banned for competition use?

Whether he was meant to be tested for it or not, he did test positive, this gives all the reason to test him for this aswell for the competition testing, since it is a banned substance to be on in competition

Fucking hell so retarded

He tests positive for coke, out of competition, gets tested again before the fight, but now they don't test for coke,because he shouldn't have been tested for it first, even though coke is banned for competition use?

Whether he was meant to be tested for it or not, he did test positive, this gives all the reason to test him for this aswell for the competition testing, since it is a banned substance to be on in competition

Fucking hell so retarded

He probably was tested for in competition fighting, December 18th is still not considered in competition.

clearly you haven't read the code of conduct because he didn't violate it. stop posting shit when you don't know what you're talking about

conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity or reputation of the ufc? you don't think doing coke during a training camp and getting caught for it contravenes this?

I don't know if you're kidding, but he really should.

More like he should count himself lucky that the NSAC is retarded

if they were not retarded, they would have tested him for cocaine during competition testing, especially since they now know that he was tested positive for it not long ago, intentional or not

It's interesting in the context of those who have been citing the second test as proof of his cleanliness, for lack of a better term.

I just cant wate to see the results from fight night they do test for coke on fight night.

The thing that is ridiculous about it, is that most of the guys (if not all of them) that have tested positive for marijuana have only tested positive inactive metabolites, and not THC. It should fall into the same category as out of competition use. They could have stopped using marijuana 4-6 weeks out and still tested positive, whereas Jones could have used cocaine 3-4 days before his fight and tested clean.

Which is why the conditions of the marijuana screen have changed.

conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity or reputation of the ufc? you don't think doing coke during a training camp and getting caught for it contravenes this?

Well, it might be a funny situation, as he was not even supposed to be tested for it. Might turn out to be a violation of some sort of his personal rights maybe? He did not agree to be tested for something that he wasn't supposed to be tested for.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Fucking hell so retarded

The December 18 test was also out-of-competition. He surely was tested for it on his in-competition test, but those results aren't back yet.

Fucking hell so retarded

political bullshit. put any other mma fighter in this position and they'd be long gone. saying cocaine isnt a PED is some bizzaro world twilight zone shit that only makes sense in UFC share holders minds. at least we know what his trainer really meant by "you want some coffee to warm you up" before the fight.

Back