n 2013 I truely learnt that nobody is unbeatable

No, because GSP was not percieved as unbeatable. He had already proved that he was beatable. The fact that he lost to Serra was huge, but the fact that he lost was not. In the case of Machida he was so hyped that a lot of people believed he couldn

You forget the fight against Jose Castillo, where most people thought May should of lost that one. You also forget he fights once a year... Yea, pretty easy to stay undefeated that way. Also fighting people pass their prime like Mosley and Cotto, who by the way gave him his toughest fights. Hell probably fight Manny Pac-Man when that fight should of happened long ago. You look at what his contemporaries did, he's definitely not the greatest.

He's also a boxer and staying undefeated in Boxing is not as hard as staying undefeated in MMA. Especially when you get to hand pick your opponents.

The Dynamics of MMA open up more opportunities for winning as well as defeat. Though it is possible to get good enough at 1 aspect of fighting where you can win at that aspect 99% of the time. It is harder to be better than your opponent at every aspect all the time opening up greater opportunity of defeat.

Not true at all

He had nut riders like all fresh champions but a healthy amount of people on this board were expecting Shoguns muay thai to give him fits, it was just drowned in Machidas hype and Shoguns ho hum UFC career leading up to it.

There was already a lot of talk that Machida should move to hw even though he hadn

Last edited:
When I saw Ken Shamrock get subbed in UFC1, I made this determination. Other than Chess, and mob backed boxers we never see perfect champions. This is not a bad thing. Mayweather is a stud for doing what he has done love him or hate him.

Back