My wife relapsed. Now she has pneumonia.

How do you keep from getting her COVID-19 and pneumonia?
Will she be donating blood to help others in the future?
Glad the wife is getting better...

My uncle had it back in April, an ambulance driver, isolated for a week after being tested positive, was back to work after that week, no problems bit of a sore throat that was it.. my Auntie got tested before she could go back to work.. didn't get it, slept together the entire time.. so it seems total pot luck.. weird as fuck really. Both mid 50's

My uncle had it back in April, an ambulance driver, isolated for a week after being tested positive, was back to work after that week, no problems bit of a sore throat that was it.. my Auntie got tested before she could go back to work.. didn't get it, slept together the entire time.. so it seems total pot luck.. weird as fuck really. Both mid 50's
That is great news, but it is hard to figure this virus out. Why are asymptomatic people not catching COVID-19? I think their blood should be tested also. It is all very strange and a mystery.

That is great news, but it is hard to figure this virus out. Why are asymptomatic people not catching COVID-19? I think their blood should be tested also. It is all very strange and a mystery.

Fuck knows, then I ask myself, when I got influenza all those year ago, why didn't my wife or kids get it? we where all living in a 2 bedroom flat at the time, very small space, sleeping together etc etc.. its just one of lifes mysteries I suppose.. maybe a million different factors involved and we may never understand it.

Thats why Im a firm beleiver of we just gotta get on with it.. I don't think shutting down everything is the answer, yes protect elderly etc.. but the rest of the healthy have just gotta get on with it..

I have a bad feeling about this coming winter, people havnt been mingling like they should, immunity is going to down for sure... I think we are going to get RAPED this winter far worse than anything we have just seen.. but then again once the election is over we might never hear of COVID again.

Do you and your wife have the same blood type?
I remember reading about certain blood types being more susceptible to being infected with Corona.

I really don't know how I managed to keep from getting it. I just very rarely get sick. So, I think I have a strong immune system plus my wife & I spent most of our time a room apart. Plus I washed my hands like my life depended on it. LOL.

As for the blood donations & such, she's going to ask our doctor about all that during her next appointment.

Thanks, man.

Fuck knows, then I ask myself, when I got influenza all those year ago, why didn't my wife or kids get it? we where all living in a 2 bedroom flat at the time, very small space, sleeping together etc etc.. its just one of lifes mysteries I suppose.. maybe a million different factors involved and we may never understand it.

Thats why Im a firm beleiver of we just gotta get on with it.. I don't think shutting down everything is the answer, yes protect elderly etc.. but the rest of the healthy have just gotta get on with it..

I have a bad feeling about this coming winter, people havnt been mingling like they should, immunity is going to down for sure... I think we are going to get RAPED this winter far worse than anything we have just seen.. but then again once the election is over we might never hear of COVID again.

Agreed. Viruses and flu are a trip.

This covid freaks me out a bit as it has no rhyme or reason at times. Flu is similar i suppose. My kid had influenza b he wanted to sleep in my room with me and watch a movie and he did. I never got it.

Soo who knows? Immune system at times able to beat things though it seems covid much more contagious.

I am sorry to hear about your situation here, Sherbro. Im glad your wife is improving. I'm sure this took its toll on you, let alone her.

I doubt she's in the mood for this one, but maybe you are.

My sister's husband has it. She does not. Same bed.

If they could figure out why some people get so sick from it and others don't get it at all or get it and have a mild case, there might be something that can be done. I expect it will eventually be figured out.

Polio was the same way. It was impossible to predict who would get it and who wouldn't. It was so scary seeing people in an iron lung and thinking you could be next. I can't believe there are parents who aren't getting their children vaccinated for it.

If they could figure out why some people get so sick from it and others don't get it at all or get it and have a mild case, there might be something that can be done. I expect it will eventually be figured out.

Polio was the same way. It was impossible to predict who would get it and who wouldn't. It was so scary seeing people in an iron lung and thinking you could be next. I can't believe there are parents who aren't getting their children vaccinated for it.

I've never heard of the iron lung. That's crazy.

We are due for a second strand of the coronavirus this winter. It will be an yearly thing from now on. Like, for the rest of our lives. I don't see it being eradicated. Similar to the flu virus and how it mutates every year. Scientists have to figure out what to put in the vaccine every year. It is never the same virus (strand) or vaccine. So, yes, unfortunately you can catch it more than once - the coronavirus. Sorry @sweetviolenturg, I'm sure that is not what you want to hear right now.

We are due for a second strand of the coronavirus this winter. It will be an yearly thing from now on. Like, for the rest of our lives. I don't see it being eradicated. Similar to the flu virus and how it mutates every year. Scientists have to figure out what to put in the vaccine every year. It is never the same virus (strand) or vaccine. So, yes, unfortunately you can catch it more than once - the coronavirus. Sorry @sweetviolenturg, I'm sure that is not what you want to hear right now.

No, it's not. But there's no sense in denying the reality of the situation if that turns out to be the case. It's best to be informed & prepared.

Its something we may never know.

How ling has flu and cold been around? Like forever, even a vaccibe for flu is rubbish. I was wrecked by flu when i was taking the flu shot... Didnt do the job.

We need to take responsibility over our own health and not put so much trust in the empire to save our lives, we will ultimately lose dominian over our bodies and that is not good. We cant live in bubbles .. We need tbat natural immunity we need to mix amd let our immune systems do its job like it has been doing for 40,000 years.

I say this with all the respect in the world for the nurses that do amazing jobs in hospitals etc .. This is not a blite on them .. Im sure they would agree.

No, I'm O+ & she's O-.
Im O+ too. I got sick right before anyone was even worried about this shit. I had bad asthma for a month. I sometimes get asthma but for it to be this tight and last as long as it did scared me,and then it just went away. I dont know if I had it or not,but ive been healthy ever since,and the O+ blood type is supposedly resistant to this virus...Anyway whatever I did have never got worse. It got shitty and just stayed that way,and I just had an instinct that I would be ok.

I have one friend who definitley got it,a severe case,but she got to the hospital early,and even though she doesnt have it anymore its wrecked havoc on her lungs and heart,months later she suffers from the damage it did.

Im confused here. If they are asympotomatic doesnt that mean they have covid? Do u mean why arent they presenting symptoms?

Why are asymptomatic people not catching COVID-19? I think their blood should be tested also. It is all very strange and a mystery.
Im confused here. If they are asympotomatic doesnt that mean they have covid? Do u mean why arent they presenting symptoms?
Yes.
. SARS-CoV-2 is the current strand of the coronavirus. COVID-19 is the disease.
. Influenza A(H1N1) is a strand of the flu virus. The flu (influenza) is the disease.

The Coronavirus Is Mutating. That’s Not Necessarily Good or Bad
Link: https://undark.org/2020/05/14/covid-19-evolution-mutation/

Emerging SARS-CoV-2 mutation hot spots include a novel RNA-dependent-RNA polymerase variant
Link: https://translational-medicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12967-020-02344-6

Experts envision two scenarios if the new coronavirus isn’t contained
Link: https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/04/two-scenarios-if-new-coronavirus-isnt-contained/

How will the coronavirus outbreak end?
Link: https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-outbreak-end.html

Im O+ too. I got sick right before anyone was even worried about this shit. I had bad asthma for a month. I sometimes get asthma but for it to be this tight and last as long as it did scared me,and then it just went away. I dont know if I had it or not,but ive been healthy ever since,and the O+ blood type is supposedly resistant to this virus...Anyway whatever I did have never got worse. It got shitty and just stayed that way,and I just had an instinct that I would be ok.

I have one friend who definitley got it,a severe case,but she got to the hospital early,and even though she doesnt have it anymore its wrecked havoc on her lungs and heart,months later she suffers from the damage it did.

I'm glad you got through it OK if, indeed, that's what you had. It very well could have been.

But I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I hope things get better for her soon. The lingering after-effects of the virus are as scary as hell.

Its something we may never know.

How ling has flu and cold been around? Like forever, even a vaccibe for flu is rubbish. I was wrecked by flu when i was taking the flu shot... Didnt do the job.

We need to take responsibility over our own health and not put so much trust in the empire to save our lives, we will ultimately lose dominian over our bodies and that is not good. We cant live in bubbles .. We need tbat natural immunity we need to mix amd let our immune systems do its job like it has been doing for 40,000 years.

I say this with all the respect in the world for the nurses that do amazing jobs in hospitals etc .. This is not a blite on them .. Im sure they would agree.
you're talking about that same last 40,000 years where people lived to around the age of 30, we'd commonly be fucked by TB, polio and cholera and shit like that right?

Back