My wife relapsed. Now she has pneumonia.

Good luck to your wife, bro. That's a horrible thing to go through. Hopefully everything turns out OK. I know it can be depressing reading all the conspiracy theorists go at it, etc. Keep your chin up and I wish you and your wife the very best.

Many thanks, man. Seriously.

As for all the conspiracy threads & all the "it's just the flu" posts, I stay away from those now. Because I've seen up close & personal what COVID-19 can do & it's devastating. First, it likely killed my father in law in May ( he tested negative the one time that they tested him early on in his illness but they failed to test him again even though his COVID-19 symptoms only got worse & killed him ) & then, it took a vibrant, healthy 36-year-old woman in my wife & it turned her into a shell of her former self. Thankfully, other than pneumonia it didn't get to her lungs as badly as many people with the virus because if it had I think it would have probably killed her too.

So, yeah, those threads & posts just piss me off now so I steer clear of them or they threaten to ruin my day.

As for all the conspiracy threads & all the "it's just the flu" posts, I stay away from those now. Because I've seen up close & personal what COVID-19 can do & it's devastating. First, it likely killed my father in law in May ( he tested negative the one time that they tested him early on in his illness but they failed to test him again even though his COVID-19 symptoms only got worse & killed him ) & then, it took a vibrant, healthy 36-year-old woman in my wife & it turned her into a shell of her former self. Thankfully, other than pneumonia it didn't get to her lungs as badly as many people with the virus because if it had I think it would have probably killed her too.

So, yeah, those threads & posts just piss me off now so I steer clear of them or they threaten to ruin my day.

They used to piss me off. I've seen close friends lose family. Now I just avoid it the posts and threads. I hope your wife continues to progress. Stay safe out there.

Any updates brother man?

Yes, sir. There are. :D

We went to see our doctor this morning & the last COVID-19 test that they took while she was in hospital this past weekend showed that it's out of her system. So, now it's just a matter of getting her completely pneumonia free & working on getting her strength back. The doctor is going to see how she progresses over the next week & if she hasn't improved she's going to send her to do some physical therapy in order to stimulate her muscles a bit. It's insane how much that damn virus takes out of some people. But it could have been much worse. Many others have lost limbs, developed blood clots & a host of other things. So, although she got it bad she didn't get it severely bad.

We went to see our doctor this morning & the last COVID-19 test that they took while she was in hospital this past weekend showed that it's out of her system. So, now it's just a matter of getting her completely pneumonia free & working on getting her strength back. The doctor is going to see how she progresses over the next week & if she hasn't improved she's going to send her to do some physical therapy in order to stimulate her muscles a bit. It's insane how much that damn virus takes out of some people. But it could have been much worse. Many others have lost limbs, developed blood clots & a host of other things. So, although she got it bad she didn't get it severely bad.

Great news. Stay vigilante regardless and hoping for a steady full recovery!

I mean there not totally incorrect that for the vast majority of young healthy(I'm guessing your wife was probably more vunerable due to beign emotionally run down?) people it will not be a life threatening illness but that doesn't mean its not a significant threat worth taking what are often quite simple measures to avoid and even moreso avoid spreading to others.

If you had a flu virus appear to which nobody had any immunity at all the effects would be pretty devastating as well.

Hell yes, good start bro!
Are you seeing any improvement or is she still as weak? And how are her spirits at the moment?

Keeping everything crossed for you dude

Viruses are no joke man..

Influenza put me in hospital 10 years ago, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, i couldn't breathe I couldn't move my arms and legs, needed oxygen for 2 days, my arms and legs went blue.. it was shocking..

Glad shes getting better bro..

I hope her health gets back too 100% and she is fine again and healthy. Sending lots of good vibes and wishes to you and you family, take care always buddy.

for-now-rest-well-and-get-better-soon-meow

lmao the one asshole in the Covid thread threatened to “fight me IRL” for making fun of his dumb attitude towards Covid masks and so on

People aren’t taking this seriously at all and it’s crazy.

Good to hear this, man. As you said, your wife was a young, vibrant woman before this. Hopefully that will help her get back to full strength. Best wishes to you both.

Viruses are no joke man..

Influenza put me in hospital 10 years ago, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, i couldn't breathe I couldn't move my arms and legs, needed oxygen for 2 days, my arms and legs went blue.. it was shocking..

Glad shes getting better bro..

I had the Flu about 20 years ago. It took four days before I could get out of bed, and another week before I could do anything other than stagger around the house. The doc told me, "The first 24 hours, you'll be sacred the Flu is going to kill you. The next 24 hours, you'll wish it had".

I've gotten the Flu Vaccination every single year since then.

I had the Flu about 20 years ago. It took four days before I could get out of bed, and another week before I could do anything other than stagger around the house. The doc told me, "The first 24 hours, you'll be sacred the Flu is going to kill you. The next 24 hours, you'll wish it had".

I've gotten the Flu Vaccination every single year since then.

Yup, influenza is a different level of horror.

Im asthmatic so i always got the flu jab until that year.. I stopped getting it after that horrorshow.. And been good since .. So its different strokes for different folks..
Yeah i can vividly remember having massive panic attacks when my arms and legs starred turning blue form lack on oxygen in my blood.. I thought multiple times this is it .. This is the way i go out ..
I was mid thirties and strong as an ox.. Any old people get that and its bye bye.

We went to see our doctor this morning & the last COVID-19 test that they took while she was in hospital this past weekend showed that it's out of her system.
How do you keep from getting her COVID-19 and pneumonia?
Will she be donating blood to help others in the future?
Glad the wife is getting better...

How do you keep from getting her COVID-19 and pneumonia?
Will she be donating blood to help others in the future?
Glad the wife is getting better...

I really don't know how I managed to keep from getting it. I just very rarely get sick. So, I think I have a strong immune system plus my wife & I spent most of our time a room apart. Plus I washed my hands like my life depended on it. LOL.

As for the blood donations & such, she's going to ask our doctor about all that during her next appointment.

Thanks, man.

Back