my wife hates my cauliflower ear...

Aside from headgear, and avoiding headlocks, what is the best way to prevent it?

Man, I don't want that shit.

Just drain it, it's the best you can do.

For better or worse...
Remind her of that. :icon_lol:

both times, mine has shrunk down to being pretty much normal - hard as a rock, but looking OK.

My wife doesn't care either way - she married me because I'm a fuckin' charmer, not because of my ears.

just let her put a bag over your head when it is whoopie time

both times, mine has shrunk down to being pretty much normal - hard as a rock, but looking OK.

My wife doesn't care either way - she married me because I'm a fuckin' charmer, not because of my ears.

I'm with this guy. I don't understand what about anatomy grosses people out.

If you're ears are very flexible, like lacking hard cartillage, will you be less likely to get the cauli? My ears have no hard cartillage and are very soft and flexible, and I've never even gotten close to even a rash or irritation on my ears. Could this mean that it would take a lot more abrassive force to damage my ears like that?

It is not about the flexibility of your ears but more about your type of fighting/rolling.

and the odd accident i.e elbow or knees strikes.

Also Judokas are known for their cauli 'cause of their massive throwns i.e ears landing flat on mats.

... when I mean hates, I mean she gags when she looks at it (its currently blowing up).

Does your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend hate it? Or do they love it?

My cat hates water.

In other words, 90% of the people not involved in grappling / rugby will find cauliflower ears aggressively disgusting. Are you surprised ?

My judo coach has some pretty repulsive caulis from the years of competition, yet the guy gets more ass than anyone I've ever known.

It is not about the flexibility of your ears but more about your type of fighting/rolling.

Also Judokas are known for their cauli 'cause of their massive throwns i.e ears landing flat on mats.

I always thought it was rubbery ears because I did BJJ for years before I suddenly had it blow up.

Well, what do you mean by the style of rolling? I do most of my work on the ground, but I've never felt anyhing get irritated, not even when new kids try to scissor my head and ears.
Do you guys think that the flexible cartillage resists the shock and tissue damage a little better?

Well, what do you mean by the style of rolling? I do most of my work on the ground, but I've never felt anyhing get irritated, not even when new kids try to scissor my head and ears.
Do you guys think that the flexible cartillage resists the shock and tissue damage a little better?

Some guys roll really hard and agressive and get cauli really quickly.

There is a say: "he has cauli 'cause he is not technical, he just roll like a blue belt!".

I could roll with you and give you cauli on purpose!

I always thought it was rubbery ears because I did BJJ for years before I suddenly had it blow up.

I did one hour session of double legs tkd and my ear just burn so bad.

best way to get cauli.

I did one hour session of double legs tkd and my ear just burn so bad.

best way to get cauli.

I wrestled too. I think rubbery ears makes a difference.

Maybe you have block ears that if moved a bit just blow up?

or aids. I dunno. I'm not a doctor.

Back