my wife hates my cauliflower ear...

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
... when I mean hates, I mean she gags when she looks at it (its currently blowing up).

Does your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend hate it? Or do they love it?

I'm going to lay out a universal truth for you man.

Chicks do not like cauliflower ear; everyone that says they do is just trying to not feel bad about having it themselves. (and this comes from a guy who has it).

Wear some headgear out of respect for your wife. I always wear headgear because my wife feels the same way. That shit is for life, just wear the headgear.

Anyone else thought it was gonna read "when I mean hates she gags on my...."

You get the idea- yea- girls don't like em. It would be interesting though to ask girls with cauliflower ears what they think about cauliflower ears on guys (and I guess it would only matter if you asked hetero girls this)?

My ear starting puffing up a few weeks back, my wife immediately told me I needed to get it taken care of. Made an appointment with the ENT and my ear is just about the same as before.

I said that once. Then I became wrong.

Really? Did you become susceptible/develop it over time? Or just one particularly effective incident that caused major cauli problems?

As a sidenote, I am convinced that a large number of jiu jitsoka secretely want califlower ear, although they will adamantly deny it.

I have personally seen guys get fairly severe cauli, and complain and complain about it. They act like they are devastated and then conveniently neglect to treat it.

It is just kind of funny, in a peculiar way.

Only two kinds of doctors will adequately treat cauliflower ear (otherwise known as auricular hematomas): plastic surgeons, or otolaryngologists (ear-nose-throat) docs. The procedure to treat is not particularly tough, but most doctors will not do it. Regular doctors and most emergency rooms won't do anything, and will be a waste of your time and money.

I said that once. Then I became wrong.

Yeah, same here. I thought I was immune to it, but a few months ago my left ear was sore after a competition match and it swelled up a little, now there's a hard patch in the cartilage. You can't see it but it's was enough to scare me into wearing headgear for a while. Now I just avoid headlocks like hell.

Personally I think it's more your BJJ style that determines whether you get it or not. I've had two different black belt instructors who had zero cauliflower ear, but I've also seen blue belts with horribly deformed alien freak ears.

My wife likes it, but she is Brazilian. I think it is a cultural thing, European women don't like it...

What kind of doctor do you see to get it drained?
I went to an ear doctor once to get it drained, but my instructor does it for us for free or you can go to a pharmacy and purchase a syringe and drain it yourself. My wife drained my ear the last time it swelled up. It's really easy. I have it very mildly on my left ear, and my wife hates it.

... when I mean hates, I mean she gags when she looks at it (its currently blowing up).

Does your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend hate it? Or do they love it?

I've been able to avoid it but only because my wife warned me that if I got cauli then I would be looking for a new wifey. I wear ear guards.

If you're ears are very flexible, like lacking hard cartillage, will you be less likely to get the cauli? My ears have no hard cartillage and are very soft and flexible, and I've never even gotten close to even a rash or irritation on my ears. Could this mean that it would take a lot more abrassive force to damage my ears like that?

I had a doctor cut open my ear, scrape the dried blood goo out with what felt like an ice pick, sew it up, and then wrap an ace bandage around my head WW1 style. I think a batter job could have been done. I'm not paying that medical bill.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the doctor asked me who worked on my ear first. I looked at her puzzled and said "no one, I just used a razor to slice it open and drain the blood". She then told me that it's exactly where she would have made an incision and that it looked professional. Once again, I am not paying that medical bill.

I had a doctor cut open my ear, scrape the dried blood goo out with what felt like an ice pick, sew it up, and then wrap an ace bandage around my head WW1 style. I think a batter job could have been done. I'm not paying that medical bill.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the doctor asked me who worked on my ear first. I looked at her puzzled and said "no one, I just used a razor to slice it open and drain the blood". She then told me that it's exactly where she would have made an incision and that it looked professional. Once again, I am not paying that medical bill.

LOL nice!

i was under the impression that the bigger it was, the more women would want you.

Back