My Weekend Bets (UFC on FX 6 + TUF 16 Finale + Bellator 84) - Post Yours! PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some long parlays, but for just this event:

Pearson + Lombard + Mendes + Rosario + Poierier: $3 for $17.86
Pearson + Lombard + Mendes + Varner + Rosario + Poirier: $2 for $22.69

Hector (In the D) + Mendes (under 3) + Pearson + Varner + Bisping + Wiman: $2 for $83.94

I don't usually do parlays past 3, but having fun with some excess change (I like even numbers).

I made some long parlays, but for just this event:

Pearson + Lombard + Mendes + Rosario + Poierier: $3 for $17.86
Pearson + Lombard + Mendes + Varner + Rosario + Poirier: $2 for $22.69

Hector (In the D) + Mendes (under 3) + Pearson + Varner + Bisping + Wiman: $2 for $83.94

I don't usually do parlays past 3, but having fun with some excess change (I like even numbers).

Why do you guys bet such small amounts? I mean $10 per parlay makes it much more fun.

I love watch TJ Waldburger fight; in fact, I love watching him fight from his back as he has an incredibly active guard making opponents uncomfortable as hell. That said, I'm leaning towards Catone here.

Why do you guys bet such small amounts? I mean $10 per parlay makes it much more fun.

I didn't feel like putting anything real down this weekend. I was using some leftover change in the account (I like to see an even number), so I just bet the change I had in a few different ways.

On the Hendo card I placed a straight bet of $20-something. So usually I do, when I feel really good about a bet. Just wasn't feeling it this time through.

Some people though don't bet to make big money bets though. I have some friends that make small $1-3 bets just because they like to make a fight more interesting by just having a bet.

To each his own.

That is the guy that just "trained" Jeremy Stephens right? I know I saw you rant on him in last thread, just don't know if that is the right guy.

Yep. He's pretty much cursed everyone that he's touched. He had his "MMA prospect" and posted constant videos of him training. When the "MMA prospect" made his debut, he was smashed. The guy has no business training fighters, yet he somehow broke into the market.

I didn't feel like putting anything real down this weekend. I was using some leftover change in the account (I like to see an even number), so I just bet the change I had in a few different ways.

On the Hendo card I placed a straight bet of $20-something. So usually I do, when I feel really good about a bet. Just wasn't feeling it this time through.

Some people though don't bet to make big money bets though. I have some friends that make small $1-3 bets just because they like to make a fight more interesting by just having a bet.

To each his own.

Fair enough. I hear you.

Why is everyone so big on Rosario?

I think Barry is small and overrated, and also unpolished (and not well rounded).

I've been impressed with Rosario. I find him diverse and more consistent. I was also impressed (thought he lost) against Stipe. I think his game is just higher, in every aspect, than Barry.

I bet when he was at -210 though, and these are just my thoughts on it.

Side note, I was going to do something with Duran, but he flipped from +125 to -120 overnight...

I still think Barry takes it. He is the aggressor in this fight, and Barry/Kongo can't happen every time. He is gonna chop his legs away and KO Rosario. That is just the way i see it. Barry is very bad at protecting submissions though, so Rosario can take him on that.

Yet at these odds Barry looks like a better value play.

Well, I respect all opinions, we just see it differently.

My friend used Nelson in a lot of his parlays, but I'm avoiding that fight because I have a feeling Mitrione may take it.

In my Sherdog picks I have Nelson (of course), but I just have a feeling about it, and enough of a feeling to avoid betting on it.

^ if you do, I'd say decision is the only way to go.

Agree. I just ha e a feeling Meat may be too strong for Roy. In the past, Roy has struggled vs. true HW's such as Werdum, Mir, and Junior. Moreover, he had an extremely close fight with Rothwell in IFL where he narrowly lost, but again, a true HW made him uncomfortable. I can see Roy bull-rushing Meathead up against the fence and just struggling for td's all night. Then as the ref separates them Meathead gets the better of the standup making for a very controversial decision. Do the judges score Roy's control/aggression against the cage or Meathead's tdd and striking?

I'm probably way off and Roy just takes him down and beats on him, but I am going to go with my original theory. Meathead via decision.

my plays:

mitrione/nelson itd
mitrione itd
barry
colton
poirier
varner
pichel
viana
waldburger
head
elliott
cofer
bedford

so... basically only favs i'm taking are bedford, elliott, waldburger, and poirier.

Oblivian, did he train Stephens against Cerrone? He got his ass kicked for 15 straight minutes in that fight.
I don't even remember much on Duran, but I like Viana a lot so I think he is a good bet here.

duran does not suck... rivera and mizugaki are solid opponents.

Problem with Wolverine is that he doesn't finish fights, yet is still pretty wild and reckless.

my plays:

mitrione/nelson itd
mitrione itd
barry
colton
poirier
varner
pichel
viana
waldburger
head
elliott
cofer
bedford

so... basically only favs i'm taking are bedford, elliott, waldburger, and poirier.

Amounts please... I enjoy watching you bet... :)

Of all your picks i don't like Bedford and Varner. Shaky to me.

my plays:

mitrione/nelson itd
mitrione itd
barry
colton
poirier
varner
pichel
viana
waldburger
head
elliott
cofer
bedford

which are the largest plays?

biggest play is mitrione/nelson itd, but it is a juicy line. i also partially hedged with 140 to win 100 nelson mitrione over 1.5 rounds... hoping to hit both.

~200 each on pichel, waldburger, varner. pichel looked good on tuf... i have no idea where this khabilov line is coming from.

the rest are just 50-150.

biggest play is mitrione/nelson itd, but it is a juicy line. i also partially hedged with 140 to win 100 nelson mitrione over 1.5 rounds... hoping to hit both.

~200 each on pichel, waldburger, varner. pichel looked good on tuf... i have no idea where this khabilov line is coming from.

the rest are just 50-150.

I haven't arsed watching any of his fights, but just glancing his wiki he's a Sambo world champ with most wins by submissions so they're presumably thinking that this is probably not gonna be on the feet for too long. That said, only decisioning Jason Dent doesn't sound too impressive. I don't remember how Pichel's tdd was on tuf, but he's gonna need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back